So I was thirsty...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

So I was thirsty...

Postby ffej » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:13 pm

One never to pass up a good dea,l I stopped in a Circle K for a 44oz , .69 cent Thirst Buster. Gave the clerk two clad Kennedy and was looking at the Jerry Lewis M.D.A. donation box. I mentioned to the clerk I was just looking to see what coins were in there. Last week in another Circle K I spotted a wheatie in one and the clerk fished it out for me and I swapped it for a zinc. I mentioned I was a coin collector. She pulled out her purse and said look what I got today, she pulled out a 1998 Silver Eagle. She said A guys comes in here everyday and buys a Thirst Buster with them!!!!! After some serious negotiations I walked out of there with a Silver Eagle for $22.00...And no I didn't leave my phone number to buy the rest, I live about 4 hours away. :lol:
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Re: So I was thirsty...

Postby tractorman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Thats one thirsty dude.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby hobo finds » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Check that eagle with a magnet!
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ffej » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 pm

hobo finds wrote:Check that eagle with a magnet!

:D I carry a rare earth magnet in my front pocket. and i always test everything. It passed the magnet test, the visual test, the ping test ( dropping it and listening for that sweet ping of silver ), before I bought it, and it passed the weight test, after I bought it . If it's a fake they spent about $34.00 in silver to make a great fake. :lol: :lol:
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals