Silver 26

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver 26

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 am

Wow, so silver is down to 26 and change. :? Hindsight 20- bla bla blah. Anyway so is this the low? I remember people saying it would not fall below this level and now it is a little over half of its high when it was getting near 50. Are people buying whatever they can? Anyone still selling? Is the physical still easily obtainable at 26? :?: Inquiring minds want to know!! :geek: :?:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver 26

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

If someone is buying, by definition someone is selling. The wisest thing I can do at this point though (especially with the Constitution being torn to shreds before our very eyes) is stop making any predictions about the price of PMs. We are in full-blown chaos now.

Brothers, keep your powder dry.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 am

My question is, how long it breaks 20? I'm looking for more long trending smashes.. But to me, I don't really care. I'll keep stacking regardless.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 am

So it hasn't even broken 26 for nearly 2 years but you believe it is inevitable that it will break 20?

I doubt it and will re-iterate that it will never break 25. NOTE: That doesn't count an "instant bounce" such as can happen in automatic trading especially with errors in the mix. I'm saying that it will not go a full day under 25 ever again.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RTPMarine » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 am

barrytrot wrote:I'm saying that it will not go a full day under 25 ever again.

That's a bold statement, given the events of this morning. We might see it happen early next week.
"Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore."
RTPMarine
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:28 am

I've made the same statement for over a year now. So far I'm looking good. One day I might not, but I still have complete confidence.
barrytrot

Postby deacon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:38 am

The technical low has been broken. It recovered and is hovering at what I believe is the bottom. 26.50. Looks like I need to start hedging.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:52 am

barrytrot wrote:I've made the same statement for over a year now. So far I'm looking good. One day I might not, but I still have complete confidence.

Yes you've been saying that for a while and I think of it every now and then especially since it's getting close to $25. It takes backbone to reaffirm that position today. Compliments to you for that.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SoFa » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:03 am

There's nothing terribly special about the $26/oz price, except that there were big buyers at that level three times in the past when silver was falling.

Are the buy orders still in for 26/oz silver? Are those buyers more or less likely to be there given that this will be the fourth test of that level in the last couple of years?
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby goodcents » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Give me one good reason it won't go below 25. I like the optimistic attitude and all but I don't see any reason why it can't keep falling.
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:38 pm

I said this words in a previous post on April 16 but it is worth repeating!!

I get the feeling people here are nervous and uncomfortable about the price of silver dropping. If you feel this way have a question I'd like to ask you to think about.

What do you think has changed to cause any big dip other than pure price manipulation?

Do you really think the dollar is stable?

Do you really believe that economy has rebounded? Do you see this where you live?

Is there job growth? Do you know people who are unemployed or under employed?

Have prices on everyday items like food and fuel stabilized and not going up?

When you put money in the bank to save are the banks paying you a fair interest rate so you can beat the inflation rate or do you feel like you're going backwards?

Do you think the stock market is a safe place to put money?

While I know the following will sound illogical to most; I don't care what the daily price of silver or gold is at the moment and I don't worry about the dips either. I might buy more on the dips but I'm not concerned about precious metals prices dropping.

Regardless if you think precious metals are the "be all" or "end all" investment. I think most would agree that having a little sure does make a person feel a little more secure.
Copper Catcher

Postby RTPMarine » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Excellent post, CC!

Too many silver stackers out there attach too much significance to the spot prices. As long as you dollar-cost average on at least a bi-weekly basis, you are going to be fine. There is a reason the tortoise beat the hare.
"Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore."
RTPMarine
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm

I will also add this...I said some time ago that after doing lots of reading I felt silver might drop back to $22. Regardless, I have still be a buyer of silver now! Why you might ask?

It is simple....I’m not interested in short term profits but simple interested in security and trying to establish a hedge of protection when, not if, the dollar collapses and or is no longer the world reserve currency.

We have been fooled for so long. The purchasing power of the dollar continues to decline and there is no possible way to pay down the massive debt that has been created because more money needs to be borrowed every year just to pay the interest. More and more entities are too big to fail. The pendulum shifted from corporations to counties!

I have said this before too but a large portion of the American society is not just asleep but brain dead, so no amount of education trying to sound the alarm will help. I am sorry this is the case but if anyone can prove otherwise I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Copper Catcher

Postby Sterling Silver » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:58 pm

shinnosuke wrote:The wisest thing I can do at this point (especially with the Constitution being torn to shreds before our very eyes) is stop making any predictions about the price of PMs. We are in full-blown chaos now.

+1
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby John Reich » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Don't worry too much about price. Establish a core position in PM's and hold on to it. It's an insurance policy against any form of chaos in our economy. You don't sell a life insurance policy as soon as it gets a cash surrender value! Once you have a core position, then play with the ups and downs of the market.
John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Was it here that someone said, "The US dollar is the best looking horse in the glue factory."? If it was here, it was hillarious. Might have been Glenn Beck. My online time and talk radio time mix into the goo which is my mind. Oh well. If someone here said it, take credit. It was hillarious.

Anyway. I agree with CC. Not all that concerned with current spot price... thinking long (and it sure seems shorter and shorter) term.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby deacon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Spot price and futures matter to paper traders.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:Was it here that someone said, "The US dollar is the best looking horse in the glue factory."? If it was here, it was hillarious. Might have been Glenn Beck. My online time and talk radio time mix into the goo which is my mind. Oh well. If someone here said it, take credit. It was hillarious.

Anyway. I agree with CC. Not all that concerned with current spot price... thinking long (and it sure seems shorter and shorter) term.

Re: Silver close to breaking through $30
by henrysmedford » Tue May 08, 2012 2:22 pm

It is only down because the dollar is best-looking horse in the glue factory.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm not worried about spot price either. It's back to where I started buying :)
Last edited by RichardPenny43 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:
OneBiteAtATime wrote:Was it here that someone said, "The US dollar is the best looking horse in the glue factory."? If it was here, it was hillarious. Might have been Glenn Beck. My online time and talk radio time mix into the goo which is my mind. Oh well. If someone here said it, take credit. It was hillarious.

Re: Silver close to breaking through $30
by henrysmedford » Tue May 08, 2012 2:22 pm

It is only down because the dollar is best-looking horse in the glue factory.

NICE SNAG RP43! That's some funny poo poo, Joe.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 am

deacon wrote:Spot price and futures matter to paper traders.

And anyone that is buying or selling physical.

If you are holding or doing nothing is the only time it doesn't matter.
barrytrot

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 am

I question whether or not physical itself would be available in any quantity for any length of time if/when it happens, but we can clearly see from recent events that that it wouldn't take much more of a hiccup to the Euro to cause below-25 silver.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby deacon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 am

barrytrot wrote:

Spot matters more to paper traders because they usually intend on trading paper in the short term. Most physical buyers intend on holding for a long term. So what if spot goes down a dollar? You will just buy more. Paper trades on momentum. Short when its going down, and go long when its going up. It can be profitable, or you can get eaten up. Especially if you are leveraged.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 am

this mornings price looks like a pretty good bounce back! 27.45 or so....It seems to have pretty strong resistance at 26...like we've been seeing for a couple years now
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:39 am

deacon wrote:
barrytrot wrote:

Spot matters more to paper traders because they usually intend on trading paper in the short term. Most physical buyers intend on holding for a long term. So what if spot goes down a dollar? You will just buy more. Paper trades on momentum. Short when its going down, and go long when its going up. It can be profitable, or you can get eaten up. Especially if you are leveraged.

Matters
and
Matters more

are the same.

It still Matters.

In the case of a buyer, lower is actually better, i.e. it matters.
barrytrot

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals