Fiscal Cliff

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Fiscal Cliff

Postby amalekidad » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 am

Hey Jonflyfish, beauanderos, Counrty, and the rest of you nutjobs out there. Please ‘splain the Fiscal Cliff. More specifically, what is it going to do to the value of my FRNs and Ag stack (that I don’t have, wink ;) wink). Also do you think it is going to be an overnight event, one week, one month, or what? When are we going over the cliff?
Thanks from a simple minded Texan with lots of guns and ammo :geek: .
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Re: Fiscal Cliff

Postby OtusLotus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am

OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm

The fiscal cliff will be the manufactured emergency pounded into our skulls for several months by the MSM. The government will wring their hands during this time figuring out how to come up with a lose-lose solution for the American public. Last minute "compromises" will ensure campaign contributors are well rewarded for their investments in talking heads.

Am I being too pessimistic?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:02 pm

No, you know they're going to bypass this one, just like they've done all the others. They'll kick the can down the road again, for 3, 6, 9 months.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:29 pm

68Camaro wrote:No, you know they're going to bypass this one, just like they've done all the others. They'll kick the can down the road again, for 3, 6, 9 months.

Or four years.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 pm

NDFarmer wrote:
68Camaro wrote:No, you know they're going to bypass this one, just like they've done all the others. They'll kick the can down the road again, for 3, 6, 9 months.

Or four years.

Or indefinitely :cry:

Eh...when you are talking about TRILLIONS of dollars....does it really matter at this point? Try and really fathom that number....but what is the real difference between 16 and 20 trillion? I know...a lot.

Both amounts are incredibly high and almost out of this world. Money has to come from somewhere....just keep printing it until the end of time :lol: :x :oops:

There will be a huge storm coming in the future. Fortunately, most of us here are trying to look ahead and prepare best as we can. So....keep stacking the PM's and get out of debt, if you are able.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby avidbrandy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:48 pm

mmm I love this site: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Brings me back if I'm feeling too happy.

And to think we took this astronomically large number and DOUBLED it in a mere four years. Now that's Change. That's the American spirit.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:27 am

avidbrandy wrote:And to think we took this astronomically large number and DOUBLED it in a mere four years.

Maybe if we work real hard at it we can DOUBLE it again in the next four years.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 am

NDFarmer wrote:
avidbrandy wrote:And to think we took this astronomically large number and DOUBLED it in a mere four years.

As effective as Obama is at giving away money, that might be a challenge even for him. He may need some help from the Bernank to inflate the dollar. If they inflate the dollar that gives him a bit of an unfair advantage - I don't know that that should count. If he gets to 30 trillion but its an inflated 30 trillion, then I think the record book should be asterisked! Can't have him taking credit for an assisted accomplishment!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby mbailey1234 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:48 am

NDFarmer wrote:

I think its going to be more like a DOUBLE-DOUBLE :( It sounds a lot cooler than telling you your dollar is going to be worth half as much then half as much again (hence the phrase HALF-HALF) doesn't it? :lol:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 pm

I feel that Obama will succeed within the next four years in accomplishing his goal of wealth redistribution, to the end that our country will be unrecognizable by the end of his term. Oh, btw... he will have the two terms only thingee rescinded. But then again... I'm just a nutjob :shifty: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby mbailey1234 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:33 pm

The way that twisted Obummer's mind works is he is always telling you he is fighting for you but his actions do just the opposite. Let me spin this idea to ya. He says he doesn't want to raise taxes on the middle class nor does the other side. Obummer wants a healthy tax increase on the "rich" but the other side says absolutely no. If we hit the fiscal cliff and they don't get it worked out, EVERYONE takes a hefty tax increase. Hence, he has accomplished his agenda but it will be the other guys fault (according to him anyway) If the right starts trying to compromise and bummer keeps wanting more, more, more to where there is absolutely no way the other guys will never agree to it then this will prove my theory.

The deadline is Jan 01, 2013, correct? Take out the holidays and Christmas break and we are out of time already!

Wait until the sales tax on home sales go into affect at the first of the year for obummer care. That should really stimulate the real estate market. :roll:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby brian0918 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:42 pm

They're always talking about how draconian these "cuts" are, but they're not really cuts at all. They're reductions in planned spending increases. So total government spending will still increase every year - but just slightly less fast than was planned.

It's like someone who goes from weighing 150 to 250 lbs, and says, "well, I was planning on going to 300, so I lost 50 lbs."

Any claimed "job losses" are just failures to expand the bureaucracy as much as planned. The economy is better off if those people stay in the private sector, rather than drawing a salary paid for by future generations.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:09 am

Amalek, brother,

you have NO GUNS OR AMMO...right?....say it after me, "i have no guns or ammo".

"loose lips, sink...." you feel me?...these are strange days, and only God knows how this is going to walk itself out. But with respect i say, start laying in the weeds, and do it quick.

think like a coyote, thats my loving advice to you.....or be like "Sgt Schultz" of Hogans Heroes fame, "i know NOTHING!!!"

be well, mind your six.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby eventurer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm

brian0918 wrote:It's like someone who goes from weighing 150 to 250 lbs, and says, "well, I was planning on going to 300, so I lost 50 lbs."

:D

Cliff keeps moving and nothing will change until they cant pay interest ... classic kick the can down the road and let next generation deal with it...

How do you go bankrupt? First gradually, then suddenly....
http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html
eventurer

Postby John_doe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Engineer wrote:The fiscal cliff will be the manufactured emergency pounded into our skulls for several months by the MSM. The government will wring their hands during this time figuring out how to come up with a lose-lose solution for the American public. Last minute "compromises" will ensure campaign contributors are well rewarded for their investments in talking heads.

Am I being too pessimistic?

sounds like you hit the nail on the head to me.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks for the GREAT video. I don't think our kids will even get the chance to pay for OUR debt. I think it will be all over before they get the chance.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm not worried at all. When is this supposed to happen? Early next year? Isn't the world ending on December 21st or something? Why worry? :lol:
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 pm

That's right! The world is supposed to end next month! Why should we be worried about the future at all?? :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby amalekidad » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I was going to stay home on Black Friday. Then my son showed me the GUN deals that I'm NOT going to go buy!
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby John_doe » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 pm

federal reserve charter is under review next year........you all get to suffer. (myself too)
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:40 am

:o My Wife wants Me to get up early on Thursday an run to Store for the good Friday Ads :x I all ready have needs to be filled at Cabela's :D hope that Thursday at 6PM is early enough to get in line for one of the 500 give-a ways got my Eye on the Rifle :sick:
;) Charge to the Max the World Ends in December so who cares what is billed after the End :lol:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby slvrbck » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:09 pm

So let me get this straight. We are on the brink of falling over a fiscal cliff that has the potential to cause havoc to our economy as we know it. However the dollar index has been rising. Stocks have only nudged down slightly and we still are solid on our AA+ credit rating as a nation. I'm calling BS on this one. If there was a chance off falling over every senator and friend of friend would be buyin Pms with both hands. I'm just not seeing it. Oh ya aren't some of these markets a lil manipulated or something???
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby amalekidad » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 pm

It’s a bubble. A fiat, fiscal, there is no real money, bubble. The biggest ugliest bubble of them all. Did the big shots dodge the tech bubble? Did the big shots dodge the housing bubble? Very few, mainly nut jobs like the folks that hang out here, even think it’s a bubble.
Yes there IS, lots and lots of manipulation going on. And we, the hard working folks, are the one’s being manipulated the most. “Share the wealth, be fair, … everyone in your neighborhood should enjoy the bounty of your hard work. After all – you didn’t build that.” Once the neighborhood is shared (equalized) then the county, then the state, then the nation, then the continent, then the world …
Oh, pardon me, did I just start ranting? I must be a nut job for working hard and not wanting to share with those that ‘choose’ not to work hard….
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby BamaJoe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 pm

amalekidad wrote: I must be a nut job for working hard and not wanting to share with those that ‘choose’ not to work hard….

Nut Job? You are being much too kind to yourself. You're an inconsiderate, antisocial, selfish, anti-american SOB for actually believing that you have a right to keep what you work for instead of it being stolen from you and given to the lazy, worthless, pos thieves to supply their "needs" and the "needs" of their ever growing number of bastards.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals