How much do we "talk" during the day

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Do You "Chat" More With the Guys on Realcent, Than you do your Wife?

Yes, definitely
6%
I start and finish my day on Realcent, if I did that with my wife she would suspect I was up to something
9%
About the same
14%
I still cherish my wife and spend time attending her needs, Realcent comes in a distant second
26%
No, absolutely not
23%
"Honey, what do you want me to say?"
14%
"You touch my computer again... and I'll break your fingers, Witch. I'll mow the damned lawn when I'm good and ready!"
9%

Total votes : 35

How much do we "talk" during the day

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 am

This poll is meant to be whimsical, but might be a reason for some self-examination at the same time. The question came to mind because of a thread Neil is running, and the fact that it got hijacked. The point was made that threads are posted to stimulate conversation. It's always seemed to me as if men most often do much more (supposed) listening in couples, than they do talking. Self-disclosure... I am divorced. Perhaps it was my unwillingness to listen to hours of seemingly empty babble about stuff unrelated to us (every day seemed like a new episode of Desperate Housewive's) that led to the marriage's demise?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: How much do we "talk" during the day

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:39 am

This is going to be a good one. Nice Idea Ray.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:41 am

Rodebaugh wrote:This is going to be a good one. Nice Idea Ray.

I have a pretty good idea what Jack will say... You Doc... I'm not too sure about :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Saabman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:50 am

Ray....I hear where you're coming from!! LOL!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:32 am

I listen to her nurse stories every day. She's not a petty chick so they are treatment and patient management related topics as opposed to gossip. I’m cool with that. She listens to my coin and dental babble. Fair trade. If we are home together.....PC goes on sleep mode and we hit the back deck grilling and BSing.

I post and read RC on downtime. In my line of work I have a good bit of down time. Also the Mrs works the hoot-owl shift and it's either RC or TV when shes away.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 am

I almost always have realcent up on the screen. Between reading/posting here AND sorting, the last 6 months have taken some serious time away from the Mrs. However, she's pretty much OK with it because it is an investment for our future.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:06 am

My wife is my best friend. I wouldnt of married her if she wasnt. Heck we met eachother in an AOL chat room, talking about some of the same issues sometimes touched on here actually. Weve been together for 11 years and married for 7.

Realcent never bothered her at all. Although a gardening forum I was on for awhile did.... One of the two of us is often on the computer. We dont have a TV.... this is our entertainment. We dont have many local friends.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:05 am

Great responses, all. Just because you may not talk much, doesn't mean you don't love your wife (or girlfriend). It may be she has no interest in your "hobbies," so you turn here to further your interests... or you may not be interested in hers, after all. I mean, c'mon... what's not to like about what someone said to someone on The Edge, or "what will the world do without the Oprah show," or one of my favorites... after spending hours in the mall because she needed to pick something up, only to return home empty-handed, after multiple turns at her donning costumes (oops, I meant outfits)... and she asks "remember all the dresses I looked at? Which one did you like best?" And your reply, naturally, would have been "the first one, then we could have come home." :evil:
beauanderos

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:13 am

Rodebaugh wrote:I listen to her nurse stories every day. She's not a petty chick so they are treatment and patient management related topics as opposed to gossip. I’m cool with that. She listens to my coin and dental babble. Fair trade. If we are home together.....PC goes on sleep mode and we hit the back deck grilling and BSing.

I post and read RC on downtime. In my line of work I have a good bit of down time. Also the Mrs works the hoot-owl shift and it's either RC or TV when shes away.

Down time for a dentist in West Virginia? :lol: Always seemed there were plenty of customers up in them parts. :lol:
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 am

beauanderos wrote:Great responses, all. Just because you may not talk much, doesn't mean you don't love your wife (or girlfriend). It may be she has no interest in your "hobbies," so you turn here to further your interests... or you may not be interested in hers, after all. I mean, c'mon... what's not to like about what someone said to someone on The Edge, or "what will the world do without the Oprah show," or one of my favorites... after spending hours in the mall because she needed to pick something up, only to return home empty-handed, after multiple turns at her donning costumes (oops, I meant outfits)... and she asks "remember all the dresses I looked at? Which one did you like best?" And your reply, naturally, would have been "the first one, then we could have come home." :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6YC-TuSeQc
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:44 am

The interesting poll would be how would the wife vote. :) RC has definitely taken time away from other things. Some of that loss of time has been my wife, but I've always insisted on doing this in the open, with her, at least in front of her in a multi-tasking sense, but I'm definitely more distracted with it. However, as shinnosuke notes, she tolerates it, if not supports my time with RC and with PMs in general, as she's seen the economy tank, the dollar become worthless, and PMs rise in value.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rosco » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:22 pm

My wife is happy with my Real cent time as then I'm not trying to accumulate the coin to Buy Silver :lol: :lol: Takes lots of discussion to get together $500 +
I do slide in some Under the Radar buys :shock:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby creshka46 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:24 pm

I must confess. My problem isn't so much with time being taken away from my wife, it's time being taken away from my employer :? :lol:
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Here's the scene.

9:30pm. The kids in bed. I finally flop into the easychair with the laptop. I'm RCing, she's watching reality cooking TV. After the 4th or 5th time I pretend to listen to her talk about television, in truth I'm hearing the grownup from Charlie Brown, I finalluy say, you know I don't cae about this crap.

I know.

Then I get 6-7 minutes of uninterupted realcent time. Ah. my favorite 6 minutes of the day.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby DirtyFingers » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:40 pm

beauanderos wrote:This poll is meant to be whimsical, but might be a reason for some self-examination at the same time. The question came to mind because of a thread Neil is running, and the fact that it got hijacked. The point was made that threads are posted to stimulate conversation. It's always seemed to me as if men most often do much more (supposed) listening in couples, than they do talking. Self-disclosure... I am divorced. Perhaps it was my unwillingness to listen to hours of seemingly empty babble about stuff unrelated to us (every day seemed like a new episode of Desperate Housewive's) that led to the marriage's demise?

Ray, I didn't vote in your poll but I do appreciate your honesty. 21 years of being happily divorced have led me to two undeniable certainies....

1) My stash has grown to twice the size it would have been.

2) It's not the I doin' I'm afraid of...it's the un-doin'. ;)
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby Oakair » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:Here's the scene.

9:30pm. The kids in bed. I finally flop into the easychair with the laptop. I'm RCing, she's watching reality cooking TV. After the 4th or 5th time I pretend to listen to her talk about television, in truth I'm hearing the grownup from Charlie Brown, I finalluy say, you know I don't cae about this crap.

I know.

Then I get 6-7 minutes of uninterupted realcent time. Ah. my favorite 6 minutes of the day.

Nice verb!

And don't knock my cooking shows man ;)...haha, just kidding, I watch shows where people eat too much :lol: never would have thought of fried egg hamburger or cinnamon crusted potatoes if I didn't watch someone eat pounds of it
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:00 am

Rodebaugh wrote:She's not a petty chick so they are treatment and patient management related topics as opposed to gossip.

At first, I read "she's not a PRETTY chick." :lol: I was like "Dude, Rodebaugh, wtf?" :P
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby twentybux » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:She's not a petty chick so they are treatment and patient management related topics as opposed to gossip.

At first, I read "she's not a PRETTY chick." :lol: I was like "Dude, Rodebaugh, wtf?" :P

That is sooooo funny because when I first read that I thought the same thing. :o Glad it wasn't just me. :lol:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:48 pm

twentybux wrote:
AGgressive Metal wrote:

That is sooooo funny because when I first read that I thought the same thing. :o Glad it wasn't just me. :lol:

Me, too! At first I thought: "Now I have seen photos of Mrs. Rodie, if he doesn't think she is pretty, what are his standards??!" :lol: :lol:

I like RealCent, but it's not even close to my honey.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Used to post more. Then reorganized my priorities.
fb101

Postby Country » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:52 pm

As many posts as I have, I still talk with my wife about things even more. She's my partner and we have some in depth discussions about almost anything except probably coins. She's the genius, and I do most of the grunt work.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby fansubs_ca » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 am

>Do You "Chat" More With the Guys on Realcent, Than you do your Wife?

I'd have to say yes. I might bias the poll though because I don't have a wife. :lol:

I'm a man with no master in this female dominated world. ;)
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

beauanderos wrote:This poll is meant to be whimsical, but might be a reason for some self-examination at the same time. The question came to mind because of a thread Neil is running, and the fact that it got hijacked. The point was made that threads are posted to stimulate conversation. It's always seemed to me as if men most often do much more (supposed) listening in couples, than they do talking. Self-disclosure... I am divorced. Perhaps it was my unwillingness to listen to hours of seemingly empty babble about stuff unrelated to us (every day seemed like a new episode of Desperate Housewive's) that led to the marriage's demise?

i'm divorced too. She initiated it, and i would have to say, it's the greatest tragedy of my life, without a doubt, because the blame rests mostly on me. We both were raised in wolves dens, and i didnt start to grow up till i hit 40. Her entire family is really close to me, and remains so to this day...and for me, the real tragic aspect is, cliche as this sounds, i lost my best friend. Not only was she my lover, a drop dead beautiful Irish redhead, and a warrior in her right, but we would have rolling 3 hour morning coffee conversations, that i can't duplicate. i still miss the woman, and she knows this, but she re-married, i'm friends with the new husband, and one hard and fast rule i have is, you dont mess with a guys woman, period. i'm 52, and i will not marry a woman with children, because she and i have a great 15 year old son, and i cant in good conscience, put other children before our son, in terms of resource, or even focus. That wouldnt do another woman any service, by not being devoted 100% behind her babies, so i remain alone...which gets lonely at times, but i believe a man has to be accountable for his screw-ups...and i screwed up.
i really like this forum and the guys on it, because we can discuss these things that interest us, and its a rare cyber board, because you can feel safe posting and know that you wont get flamed by lurking trolls. and believe me, that is rare in cyber land...and ya'll do, help ease my sometime lonliness, which i'm forever grateful for, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:43 am

Rodebaugh wrote:I listen to her nurse stories every day. She's not a petty chick so they are treatment and patient management related topics as opposed to gossip. I’m cool with that. She listens to my coin and dental babble. Fair trade. If we are home together.....PC goes on sleep mode and we hit the back deck grilling and BSing.

"back deck grilling and BSing"...sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon/evening. Rodee, you done been blessed, may it last forever.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 am

Treetop wrote:My wife is my best friend. I wouldnt of married her if she wasnt. Heck we met eachother in an AOL chat room, talking about some of the same issues sometimes touched on here actually. Weve been together for 11 years and married for 7.

Realcent never bothered her at all. Although a gardening forum I was on for awhile did.... One of the two of us is often on the computer. We dont have a TV.... this is our entertainment. We dont have many local friends.

Nice! you also are blessed Zac, and may that union last forever...and i hope you do find some local friends, communitas is a good thing.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals