Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver is now $18 and climbing like a rocket.

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:51 pm

68Camaro wrote:According to kitco the spot price hit 19.09 as a moment in time.

and GSR at 70...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:03 pm

Years ago I bought junk a $19.20 and did not sell at $48.Nice to be even Steven.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cooyon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:37 am

GSR 69
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:09 am

There is a rate of rise that is satisfying, but past that it starts to get a bit alarming. I'm one of the believers that PM prices have been suppressed and will eventually rise, so it's good to see a consistent rise since the bottom at the start of the year as a confirmation of that belief, but the relatively sudden lack of suppression is concerning. Either they've run out of bullets or there is something else that has the greater attention of TPTB, and I'm of the opinion that neither can be good for society as a whole. PMs are one of several necessary forms of protection against those possibilities, but it doesn't mean I will enjoy their occurrence!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 am

$19.35 this morning. :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver is now $19......$50 by the end of July?

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:00 am

Updated the title to fuel the hysteria. :)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:03 am

01 Jul is the beginning of many fiscal years.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:10 am

68Camaro wrote:There is a rate of rise that is satisfying, but past that it starts to get a bit alarming. I'm one of the believers that PM prices have been suppressed and will eventually rise, so it's good to see a consistent rise since the bottom at the start of the year as a confirmation of that belief, but the relatively sudden lack of suppression is concerning. Either they've run out of bullets or there is something else that has the greater attention of TPTB, and I'm of the opinion that neither can be good for society as a whole. PMs are one of several necessary forms of protection against those possibilities, but it doesn't mean I will enjoy their occurrence!

This is the LONG overdue recoil from sustained manipulated suppression. About half the move is what might be considered natural market price discovery (finally :roll: ) while a strong component of the move is a desperate short-covering spike. imho :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Must be some silver short-covering involved (which suggests a pull-back and re-consolidation here at some point) because while gold is trending solidly up it's not at the same meteoric rate. GSR now 68.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby fasteddy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:32 pm

is it time to move from silver to gold yet?
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:37 pm

There are others here who have put more thought into the gsr trade than me so I'll be interested to hear other views, but I expect the ratio to renormalize back well below 50. Maybe eventually even below 20. So if you're trading only on gsr it seems way premature.
68Camaro

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Up a buck, welcome to the weekend of hysteria!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:15 pm

My futures contracts with a Jan 2017 expiry date are flying.

Im happy I had some skin to throw in a few weeks back and was prepared to lose it all...up over 100% at present and have never seen such a successful options contract in my account before haha
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:49 pm

68Camaro wrote:There is a rate of rise that is satisfying, but past that it starts to get a bit alarming. I'm one of the believers that PM prices have been suppressed and will eventually rise, so it's good to see a consistent rise since the bottom at the start of the year as a confirmation of that belief, but the relatively sudden lack of suppression is concerning. Either they've run out of bullets or there is something else that has the greater attention of TPTB, and I'm of the opinion that neither can be good for society as a whole. PMs are one of several necessary forms of protection against those possibilities, but it doesn't mean I will enjoy their occurrence!

I have the same exact concerns. When you see the price flying upwards unabated, you really have to wonder. Short covering, or panic buying? Are TPTB losing control? I guess we will find out soon enough.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby bankmining » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:23 pm

There's $20
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby bankmining » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:29 pm

Country wrote: $20

Beat you by a minute, but yours looks prettier :clap:
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:33 pm

OK.. SILVER IS NOW AT $20.40 !!

Now, what's going on here? Probably thin holiday trading, but COULD IT BE A MASSIVE SHORT SQUEEZE ?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLICK THUMBNAIL ABOVE TO GET LARGER CHART.

CLICK THUMBNAIL ABOVE TO GET LARGER CHART.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby cooyon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:38 pm

20.45 now, GSR 66.22
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AlexTG » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:41 pm

I'm not ready to the price to go up... I need to do more buying!
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Market Harmony » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Market Harmony wrote:Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on perspective) $20 is not far away on the timeline

Boom! $27.50 target... not much between
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:30 pm

margin hikes on tuesday ?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:23 pm

Silver was past $21 for a little while
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36688&hilit=gold+silver+ratio

This was a great discussion started by MH at the start of the year. Lots of good info about the GSR here. As far as trading silver for gold goes, I'd easily swap out 1/3 of my silver for gold at 45, 1/3 again at 30, the rest at 15. Then sit back and wait for the ride back to 80.

I'd also consider the circumstances at the time and give my self wiggle room to increase or decrease at any number between, higher or lower. For example, like this year/now: If we just shot past 45 like we shot past 70 last March/April or even the way we just did again in the last two months, I'd be inclined to wait a little while and see what happens.

I may even be so inclined to trade it all at 45. We'll see.

Revisited my Jan 10 post from above and found a slight error, corrected regarding Apr. 2011 trade.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver is now $20...Somebody call Barrytrot!

Postby Rastatodd » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:46 am

I did a GSR trade back when we were at the 80:1 ratio. I traded my 1/4 AGE for two 10 NTR bars. Wish I had more gold at the time to trade, but I convent my gold. But with this silver boom here the trade looks like a a deal that worked to my favor. That doesn't happen all the time. I'm with AlexTG. I need more time to buy 5ouncers at $77 and 10ers at $164. I just can't see myself paying over a $100 for five ounces of silver. I just can't pull the trigger right now in a silver purchase. Must be a issue of enjoying a five year bear market in precious metals.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals