Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver @ $18 and climbing

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:13 pm

Country wrote:Patiently waiting for the resurgence of PMs. We will soon see .... :geek:

IMO, this is the beginning of the resurgence.

It will NOT go straight up though. There will be pullbacks. I think we are due for one soon.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver @ $15 and change

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:About a 8% gain since the beginning of July, however short term price movements are not very important. Wasn't there a guy here who sold his entire stash at $14? - ouch.

Notice how many people have disappeared from this forum since 2011. I wonder how many are still posting since then? I'd guess around 25%. I expect a substantial increase in posts as the price goes up. Herd mentality is a interesting thing. Observe the people around you, your family, friends and co-workers... notice how rare contrary and critical thinkers are.

Penny.....hey bud, that was a great post....and true.....i havent gone away, just didnt have much to say, i was waiting for $18 punchthru, plus, i wrote in another post, where that new guy asks "where's the 90's?" (lolz)...i had another severe heart attack on 6 May, but God wants me to stay here awhile......so, recovering good, etc etc........i aint gonna ask who bailed at $14,,,,,,but, itz the way you view Ag.......Ag is NOT an investment!!!!!....its currency INSURANCE!!!! (DAG NABBIT!!!!) why would i EVER give away good Ag for paper money?....to me, that question is like asking, what do you want to dip these good hot tasty french fried taters in?......Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.....or steaming pig turds?.......see what i'm getting at?..........Here's my offer to anyone, (dont laugh) i'll trade 15 one toz .9999 Canuck Ag Maples for one toz .999 Au coin.........oh man, i do want some french fried taters, much love to you all, neil

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:41 pm

JJM wrote:I am looking forward to offloading my $27 silver at some point in the next 5 years! I have appreciated the time (and prices) to dollar cost average since then, but it will still be nice to offload this $27 silver...lol.

Jay....my bro........no no no!!!!! in a very short while, a loaf of bread might cost "$27".......we are so so close war, either global OR civil.....and please hear me.....I PRAY i am wrong....Our macro generation in America has known only good times, even though all of us have known personal sadness.....yes......but now, i feel it's our turn to suffer....again i pray i'm wrong.....in 2004, i remember when this tragedy happened in Beslan......North Ossetia......even though they are not American's, my heart broke for them, so let me post a documentary, IF, you want to see the darkness coming.....God protect all RC'er's, neil

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtPLXPGUr3c&t=55s[/youtube]
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:44 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:About a 8% gain since the beginning of July, however short term price movements are not very important. Wasn't there a guy here who sold his entire stash at $14? - ouch.

Notice how many people have disappeared from this forum since 2011. I wonder how many are still posting since then? I'd guess around 25%. I expect a substantial increase in posts as the price goes up. Herd mentality is a interesting thing. Observe the people around you, your family, friends and co-workers... notice how rare contrary and critical thinkers are.

Penny.....hey bud, that was a great post....and true.....i havent gone away, just didnt have much to say, i was waiting for $18 punchthru, plus, i wrote in another post, where that new guy asks "where's the 90's?" (lolz)...i had another severe heart attack on 6 May, but God wants me to stay here awhile......so, recovering good, etc etc........i aint gonna ask who bailed at $14,,,,,,but, itz the way you view Ag.......Ag is NOT an investment!!!!!....its currency INSURANCE!!!! (DAG NABBIT!!!!) why would i EVER give away good Ag for paper money?....to me, that question is like asking, what do you want to dip these good hot tasty french fried taters in?......Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.....or steaming pig turds?.......see what i'm getting at?..........Here's my offer to anyone, (dont laugh) i'll trade 15 one toz .9999 Canuck Ag Maples for one toz .999 Au coin.........oh man, i do want some french fried taters, much love to you all, neil

Neil, I always liked your posts... I'm very glad you're still around... and I hope you are feeling much better now!
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:15 pm

Neil, glad to see you back and hanging in there. Over the years I've enjoyed your posts more then anyone else here on the boards--love your knowledge, foresight and enthusiasm!!!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:08 am

68Camaro wrote: JFF claimed to have the tools that would let him see their moves and stay ahead of them

Who is JFF?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Gamecock » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:16 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
68Camaro wrote: JFF claimed to have the tools that would let him see their moves and stay ahead of them

Who is JFF?

JohnFlyFish?
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:20 am

4/24/2011 $3,000 FV junk got you a $100K!

Image100k by Karen, on Flickr
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JJM » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 am

neilgin1 wrote:
JJM wrote:I am looking forward to offloading my $27 silver at some point in the next 5 years! I have appreciated the time (and prices) to dollar cost average since then, but it will still be nice to offload this $27 silver...lol.

Jay....my bro........no no no!!!!! in a very short while, a loaf of bread might cost "$27".......we are so so close war, either global OR civil.....and please hear me.....I PRAY i am wrong....Our macro generation in America has known only good times, even though all of us have known personal sadness.....yes......but now, i feel it's our turn to suffer....again i pray i'm wrong.....in 2004, i remember when this tragedy happened in Beslan......North Ossetia......even though they are not American's, my heart broke for them, so let me post a documentary, IF, you want to see the darkness coming.....God protect all RC'er's, neil

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtPLXPGUr3c&t=55s[/youtube]

hey neil, good to hear from you, hope you are bouncing back well from the "ticker" issues.... (i can relate all too well...) i probably fear domestic troubles more than international ones at this point, hard to believe it's been ~15 years since that schoolyard horror..... but it's true, the $27 silver i purchased will all get turned into FRN's. probably out of spite, it will feel good though! most (or all) of the sub $27 silver around here will get probably get turned into an easier to transport safe haven at some point once the GSRatio gets closer to it's historical norm. in the meantime, probably time for many of us, myself included, to consider a second passport in our "preps". keep the faith, john
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby pennypicker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:16 pm

[quote="henrysmedford"]4/24/2011 $3,000 FV junk got you a $100K!

Hey Henry, you may remember I was living in Medford back in 2011 and I was a regular standing in the long lines at Rogue Valley Coin & Jewelry. I still have many 2011 ASE"s that I bought from John, Mike and John's son Jonathon. It was so busy back in 2011 they used to have five employees at times working the counter. Maybe silver will get back in the $40's someday and I'll have the pleasure of taking a relaxing drive back up to the beautiful Rogue Valley and selling them back at a price near what I originally paid....I sure miss the old Polish dog and large drink special at the Thunderbird market and I'll make sure to stop there after I sell my ASE"s. :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:28 pm

pennypicker wrote:
henrysmedford wrote:4/24/2011 $3,000 FV junk got you a $100K!

Hey Henry, you may remember I was living in Medford back in 2011 and I was a regular standing in the long lines at Rogue Valley Coin & Jewelry. I still have many 2011 ASE"s that I bought from John, Mike and John's son Jonathon. It was so busy back in 2011 they used to have five employees at times working the counter. Maybe silver will get back in the $40's someday and I'll have the pleasure of taking a relaxing drive back up to the beautiful Rogue Valley and selling them back at a price near what I originally paid....I sure miss the old Polish dog and large drink special at the Thunderbird market and I'll make sure to stop there after I sell my ASE"s. :thumbup:

Still one of the most honest coin shops I’ve ever seen. I’ve dropped off rolls of quarters pre-64 and have had them pay for them without even crack in the rolls open. It’s nice to have a reputation and to have them trust you. If you’re ever back in Medford let me know and I’ll buy the hotdog for you.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:28 pm

[quote="henrysmedford"]4/24/2011 $3,000 FV junk got you a $100K!

Coming soon! ;)
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:55 pm

[/quote]Still one of the most honest coin shops I’ve ever seen. I’ve dropped off rolls of quarters pre-64 and have had them pay for them without even crack in the rolls open. It’s nice to have a reputation and to have them trust you. If you’re ever back in Medford let me know and I’ll buy the hotdog for you.[/quote]

I will take you up on that offer, Don!!
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:23 pm

I haven't posted much lately but a post from Neil will get me on. Hello Neilgin1! Get well brother.

I may have stated this before in another thread but I AM actually sitting on a load of ASE's I bought at about $32-33 back in late 2011...maybe early 2012, can't remember date exactly. If I viewed it as an investment I would be disappointed by like Neil said (and many others here), silver is NOT an investment. It is REAL money. If you need to slap a label on it, then call it a hedge against the dollar or inflation.

But besides that ASE purchase I have been purchasing basically every other month since 1993. So, yeah I have some ASE's at $7 too. It all balances.

Just know....

KEEP STACKING
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:22 pm

It's good to hear from you Neil. I hope you are faring well. Grapes and hot peppers will do wonders for your circulatory system. The latest pepper I've tried is called Bulgarian Carrot, and it's a real zapper! 12x hotter than jalapenos, perfect for those who love spice but only want it hot on the way in :lol:

I'm somewhat surprised that silver has continued climbing, yet gold seems to have levelled off. GSR being a shade under 83 makes me think there's still plenty of room to move.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:00 am

InfleXion wrote:I'm somewhat surprised that silver has continued climbing, yet gold seems to have levelled off. GSR being a shade under 83 makes me think there's still plenty of room to move.

When gold started climbing, silver lagged. Silver is merely playing catch-up.

IMO, a consolidation/pullback is due... it would be healthy.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:02 am

$19.13 as I type this.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (7.13 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver @ $19 and climbing

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:07 am

Looking for silver >$20 and gold >1600, for multiple weeks. Getting close to the numbers; then it needs to stay there (or higher).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby scyther » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:28 pm

It's pretty exciting to see higher prices again, but I'm not not taking it too seriously unless it breaks through the 2016 high.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:04 pm

scyther wrote:It's pretty exciting to see higher prices again, but I'm not not taking it too seriously unless it breaks through the 2016 high.

We have to get through $21 first, then large resistance at the $26 area. After that, $50... after that? 8-)
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:40 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
scyther wrote:It's pretty exciting to see higher prices again, but I'm not not taking it too seriously unless it breaks through the 2016 high.

We have to get through $21 first, then large resistance at the $26 area. After that, $50... after that? 8-)

I remember thinking that $75 was the next number in the fibonacci sequence after $50 which I had long been eyeing as my first profit taking point.

Don't forget that the higher the price goes, the more of an indicator it is that currency is losing faith. You don't want to sell if $100/oz silver comes along with $20 loaves of bread, where in a hyperinflation the cash you had yesterday is worth less with every passing day.

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:50 pm

Dug up this ugly chart from 2017 which I'm still using as a guide. For as long as we are still in a bull market and aren't breaking below the modest longterm uptrend, the ceiling looks very high.
Attachments
silver_2017-03-13.PNG
silver_2017-03-13.PNG (178.02 KiB) Viewed 1132 times

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:58 am

InfleXion wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

I remember thinking that $75 was the next number in the fibonacci sequence after $50 which I had long been eyeing as my first profit taking point.

Don't forget that the higher the price goes, the more of an indicator it is that currency is losing faith. You don't want to sell if $100/oz silver comes along with $20 loaves of bread, where in a hyperinflation the cash you had yesterday is worth less with every passing day.

$50-$75 silver will come long before $20 bread. Metals (especially Ag) are grossly underpriced because of all the previous price manipulation and must play catch-up. Most of that price action should happen before the big hyperinflation hits.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Ag had a -4% loss today. Possibly the beginning of the pullback I expected. The PM charts are very overbought from a technical perspective.

Support at the $17.50 and $16.50 areas. $16.50 would be a very nice buying opp.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:56 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
InfleXion wrote:I'm somewhat surprised that silver has continued climbing, yet gold seems to have levelled off. GSR being a shade under 83 makes me think there's still plenty of room to move.

When gold started climbing, silver lagged. Silver is merely playing catch-up.

IMO, a consolidation/pullback is due... it would be healthy.

Yeah.....big time "healthy"!!!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals