Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver @ $16 and volatile

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:Also- I like how the title of this thread was changed to: "Silver @ $16 and volatile" (as opposed to "up" or "down")

I thought volatile was more fitting for the past month. :thumbup:

btw strike is 18.00
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver @ $17 and rapidly falling

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:26 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
bankmining wrote:
1E7D9016-0BBB-432D-AA2D-C0B0A255996E.gif

This just show how easy it is to manipulate the price of silver during non-market hours. I've seen too many spikes and crashes over the years (conveniently when the market is closed, of course) to even get excited about this anymore.

And it never seems to end. The guys getting arrested/charged with PM manipulation are the bottom of the food chain. Central bankers and the Fed are the chief manipulators here... they never go to jail.

IMO, it's going to take an "event" to get the PM prices up substantially and keep it there.

I don't think we see Ag going over $18 again until 2020. Still hoping for sub $16.50 (even lower) to accumulate more.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver @ $17 and rapidly falling

Postby InfleXion » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:40 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:
bankmining wrote:
1E7D9016-0BBB-432D-AA2D-C0B0A255996E.gif

This just show how easy it is to manipulate the price of silver during non-market hours. I've seen too many spikes and crashes over the years (conveniently when the market is closed, of course) to even get excited about this anymore.

And it never seems to end. The guys getting arrested/charged with PM manipulation are the bottom of the food chain. Central bankers and the Fed are the chief manipulators here... they never go to jail.

IMO, it's going to take an "event" to get the PM prices up substantially and keep it there.

I don't think we see Ag going over $18 again until 2020. Still hoping for sub $16.50 (even lower) to accumulate more.

I doubt they will ever go to jail. The reason they manipulate the silver market is to ensure FRN hegemony. Can't have the masses switching to hard money and losing demand for FRNs. Those who can prosecute them are utterly dependent on them for control. I don't doubt that China, Russia, and India all have enough gold to come out sparkling after a market/currency collapse, any one of which could institute a gold backed currency to end the fiat games in short order if so inclined. What reasons they have for not having done that already, I don't know, but I'm thankful for the continued buying opportunity. Maybe they are too, but China sure is a dystopia these days.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Silver kissing $18

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:51 am

Looks like Sandy Claws is delivering 18/oz silver this morning.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Looks like Sandy Claws is delivering 18/oz silver this morning.

See that... you jinxed it :cry:
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:24 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

By the daily chart it looks like there were some heavy hitters duking it out at $18 with the sellers being adamant about not letting the price stay above that mark. They always try to keep the price low at year end before portfolios get shuffled by the ostriches.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:08 am

InfleXion wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

By the daily chart it looks like there were some heavy hitters duking it out at $18 with the sellers being adamant about not letting the price stay above that mark. They always try to keep the price low at year end before portfolios get shuffled by the ostriches.

I was joking about the jinx.

I only keep track of the daily price because I'm looking to accumulate more when/if the price gets smashed. Over the long term, PM prices will only go up. Every other asset class is VERY overvalued and/or a bubble. Silver is an undervalued no-brainer. Timing is everything. When PMs turn into a bubble, that's when you let some go... BUT that's only if the financial system stays intact. Eventually though, it will ALL come crashing down. With the amount of manipulation and propping of the system happening these days, most of us could be dead by the time that happens.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:04 pm

No jinxing......only mooning. :lol:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Silver is still kissing $18ish. So far so good.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:28 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Silver is still kissing $18ish. So far so good.

This Iran stuff is going to really shake up the stock and PM markets. Just watch.

When the futures open up tonight at 6pm (1/5/2020), I expect a gap-up in PM's (especially Au), and a large gap-down in the markets.

The stock market was long overdue for a major correction. Investor sentiment has been way too bullish in 2019, especially during the last couple months. The investor sentiment gauge was at "extreme greed"... the highest it's ever been before.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:31 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

This Iran stuff is going to really shake up the stock and PM markets. Just watch.

When the futures open up tonight at 6pm (1/5/2020), I expect a gap-up in PM's (especially Au), and a large gap-down in the markets.

The stock market was long overdue for a major correction. Investor sentiment has been way too bullish in 2019, especially during the last couple months. The investor sentiment gauge was at "extreme greed"... the highest it's ever been before.

That is my thinking Steve.

I still have 30 contracts of SLV calls Strike 18 Leaps. :ugeek:
A paltry 1000 shares of Ford
and the balance in Cash.

it's the wierdest my portfolio has looked in a while. :lol:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:25 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

That is my thinking Steve.

I still have 30 contracts of SLV calls Strike 18 Leaps. :ugeek:
A paltry 1000 shares of Ford
and the balance in Cash.

Props to you for hanging in there. PMs should have a nice move up this week. Oil too.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:20 am

CORONA fears pushing up PM's.

As I write this...

Au = $1644
Ag = $18.55

However, PMs should be going up because of Fed money printing, not because of a virus pandemic.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:02 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:CORONA fears pushing up PM's.

As I write this...

Au = $1644
Ag = $18.55

However, PMs should be going up because of Fed money printing, not because of a virus pandemic.

I agree. Wasn't that long ago when silver jumped to $19.60 after the Arabian oil fields were bombed and then quickly retreated back to $17. The same will likely happen again once this virus issue subsides.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver about to Bull? $18 and change going up.

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Agree it is largely virus related. It is possible it is a short term blip. But that depends on the impact of the virus doesn't it.

Pandemic response is (regardless of the actual effect) always worse than the effect. People panic and do stupid things like stockpile toilet paper to use for unavailable masks. People are still debating the effect of this virus (no matter what label you put on it). We may not know the full effect of it for 6 to 12 months. It is clear that it spreads quickly - a cruise ship in a nominal quarantine became a complete hot spot. It appears to have multiple vectors for spread opportunities. A large number of people appear to be only mildly affected, but the effect in the remaining 20% is very serious with 10-15% of those dying. It appears to affect men worse than women and the elderly and those with existing conditions worse. It could easily continue to morph into an even more deadly or transmissible version and come back in the fall even if they get a handle on it before summer.

Not scaremongering but people need to think rationally for themselves and not believe necessarily everything the government tells you.

The economic impact is just starting to be felt and even if they could instantly stop it and cure everyone currently effected the rolling wave will still be felt months from now.

So don't look for this to be a quick blip.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Re: Silver about to Bull? $18 and change going up.

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Silver now $16.62 today down $1.14.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver doesn't know what to do? $16 n' Change

Postby bankmining » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:43 am

Looks like it wants to dip below $16
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:14 am

Margin calls on everything else are hitting PMs and for futures traded PMs that has a knock on effect of causing selling when people actually don't want to sell. They will recover just fine. Let them go down. If you have cash there will be a good time to buy, but PMs are still not cheap.

Some stocks like Boeing are heading toward cheap. Another 20% down on BA and I might jump on. They were at 450 not long ago, hit 160 this morning. They get to 120 and I'll be trying to find some dry powder (unless they have a new technical screw up).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:20 pm

68Camaro wrote:Margin calls on everything else are hitting PMs and for futures traded PMs that has a knock on effect of causing selling when people actually don't want to sell. They will recover just fine. Let them go down. If you have cash there will be a good time to buy, but PMs are still not cheap.

Some stocks like Boeing are heading toward cheap. Another 20% down on BA and I might jump on. They were at 450 not long ago, hit 160 this morning. They get to 120 and I'll be trying to find some dry powder (unless they have a new technical screw up).

It's 2008 all over again. $13 or 14 would be a gift. I have cash ready to buy real assets on the cheap.

A bear market rally may be close, but the stock market is nowhere near "the" bottom yet. Caveat emptor.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Changechecker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:34 pm

But who will sell physical at those prices?
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Changechecker wrote:But who will sell physical at those prices?

3.....2.....1...... Not it! (finger on nose)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver - Baby out with the Bathwater - Sub $16

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:55 am

Just put my $ where my mouth is...

Got 300 more Ag ounces today at $14.60. :clap: :mrgreen:

Gotta love exchanging corona contaminated green papers for a real asset! :thumbup:
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver - Baby out with the Bathwater - Sub $16

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm

A real asset that also kills germs!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver - Sub $13

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:21 am

Sub 13......good luck finding any physical for less than 16.

Welcome to the shitshow.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver - Sub $13

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:32 am

Unbelievable buying opportunity right now if you can get it... don't have cash, use a credit card... just get some!
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals