BOTTOM!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: BOTTOM!!

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu May 31, 2012 9:16 am

Set a plan for physical accumulation and stick with it. I have, and I am happy with the results.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby emptypockets » Thu May 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Set a plan for physical accumulation and stick with it. I have, and I am happy with the results.

great reading and sound advice from all points of view .....imo in the end stack what ya can and buy when you have the spare FRN wipeys i think they were called lol ....myself regardless of price i buy what i can usually result in 3 to 6 oz every other week on a fri hoping the market closes on a low note but never the less the price is price and i have a good dealer charges me 2.00 over spot when its high or low even if it means he may lose a few bucks cause it keeps me coming back .....hes a genuinely good guy who owns a small coin shop. :D
emptypockets

Postby Oakair » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:11 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Emotions can never will any market to one's favor. All one needs is price.
Listen to the market. It will tell you what you need to know and it cares not what you say, think, or do.
Some folks grow deaf by yelling at the wall (and others) and consequently miss hearing the soft whispers from mother market.
Truth in price.
Cheers!

Any short term predictions JFF?

I've been buying, but feel its liable to drop to just above 20ish before the close of the summer

Just a random guess...and I'll be buying all the way down if that happens to be the case...but wadda you think?
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:43 am

Oakair wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Emotions can never will any market to one's favor. All one needs is price.
Listen to the market. It will tell you what you need to know and it cares not what you say, think, or do.
Some folks grow deaf by yelling at the wall (and others) and consequently miss hearing the soft whispers from mother market.
Truth in price.
Cheers!

Any short term predictions JFF?

I've been buying, but feel its liable to drop to just above 20ish before the close of the summer

Just a random guess...and I'll be buying all the way down if that happens to be the case...but wadda you think?

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Guess any 20/20 hindsight could only be seen as such at this juncture.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:10 am

Impossible to time these types of things JFF, so no apology necessary (if I read that right). This is where the reality of fundamentals occasionally - for good reason - trumps charts. But people have ridiculously short memories, so if "bad" news goes away for a couple of weeks they will go back to being predictable. Or so I predict. Until the next round of bad news...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 pm

68Camaro wrote:Impossible to time these types of things JFF, so no apology necessary (if I read that right). This is where the reality of fundamentals occasionally - for good reason - trumps charts. But people have ridiculously short memories, so if "bad" news goes away for a couple of weeks they will go back to being predictable. Or so I predict. Until the next round of bad news...

Not sure what you mean. Been trading heavily today amongst very thick liquidity. Been very easy to execute trades today. A lot of excitement out there. Fundamentals can't trump charts. It's all baked in the cake mate.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby misteroman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Since I've been back to work i've been stacking two fisted as the saying goes. Have a deal with wifey to use all the overtime money for silver. Snagged 250 pretty birdies and a couple of my favorite Eng loafs last week on BS.Just can't say no to silver in the 20's! The deals are out there. Be patient and ready to pull the trigger when it drops. I have a strong feeling silver will touch $30 again next week.
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:06 am

Bottom?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Certainly! :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby SoFa » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 pm

That was a strange week.
I don't know if it bottomed yet though.
If it hit 19/oz and rebounded then I would say it had bottomed.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals