Easy money to made tomorrow at noon.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Easy money to made tomorrow at noon.

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:20 pm

jtlee321 wrote:I was told by a Mint representative that they go by the billing address of the credit card. I tried to order a second coin and ship it to my Dad's address. That is when I was informed of billing address info. She also told me that if she completed my second order that both orders may get canceled. So I stopped the second order.

Yep this is all true.....but I think have found a way around it for next time. 8-)

Anyone care to take a guess?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby justj2k78 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
jtlee321 wrote:I was told by a Mint representative that they go by the billing address of the credit card. I tried to order a second coin and ship it to my Dad's address. That is when I was informed of billing address info. She also told me that if she completed my second order that both orders may get canceled. So I stopped the second order.

Yep this is all true.....but I think have found a way around it for next time. 8-)

Anyone care to take a guess?

You bought another house to ship to, enabling you to receive a 2nd order. BRILLIANT! How close am I?
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Jay.....No

Clue: Check out the mints e-catalog paymet options.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby justj2k78 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Jay.....No

Clue: Check out the mints e-catalog paymet options.

E-Gift Ceritificate?
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Bingo.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby brian0918 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Couldn't they check the billing addresses for the gift certificate orders?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jtlee321 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 pm

I already got around it. I changed my address on my checking account to a temporary address for a specified time period. Using my Dads address and the same for the billing address I have successfully made two separate orders. :D
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:49 pm

brian0918 wrote:Couldn't they check the billing addresses for the gift certificate orders?

Here is the theory: I buy a Gift Cert for my loving grandmother and her account with MY Credit card ahead of time. Then "she" buys "her" ATB coin......and has it shipped to her address.

Follow?

Of course the billing address of the Credit card that the Gift Card was purchased with is different. It was a gift ;)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Neckro » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:20 pm

When I ordered two lincoln cabin things, I ordered one using my CC, then another with an Egift I bought with the same CC a month earlier, but shipped it to another address.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby brian0918 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:28 pm

How do folks find out when the next 5 oz ATB is going to be released?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 pm

brian0918 wrote:How do folks find out when the next 5 oz ATB is going to be released?

Check for updates on the mint's website......also, someone will probably post the info here on RC soon after it is made public. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:45 pm

brian0918 wrote:How do folks find out when the next 5 oz ATB is going to be released?

That website is--http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProdschedView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001
And right now it list its date as TBD
TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yellowstone National Park
TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yosemite National Park
TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Grand Canyon National Park
TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Mount Hood National Forest
TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Gettysburg National Military Park
TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Glacier National Park
TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Olympic National Park
TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Vicksburg National Military Park
TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Chickasaw National Recreation Area
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby twentybux » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:I could only find one completed pre-sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-P-HOT-SPRINGS- ... 5198c451ba

Hey Doc- Just had to let you know, this guy in the ebay auction that made all the loot is the same guy that bought my lovely presale Hot Springs coin on Feebay today for $422.77. How's that for wild. Oh well...
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby brian0918 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

The US Mint keeps increasing the expected ship time. First it was 5/12, then 5/13, now 5/16! Is anyone else seeing this?
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Corsair » Mon May 02, 2011 12:48 pm

brian0918 wrote:The US Mint keeps increasing the expected ship time. First it was 5/12, then 5/13, now 5/16! Is anyone else seeing this?

Is that for those who have yet to order? For example, if I ordered at noon on the first day, are my orders still supposed to ship on May 12?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Corsair wrote:
brian0918 wrote:The US Mint keeps increasing the expected ship time. First it was 5/12, then 5/13, now 5/16! Is anyone else seeing this?

Is that for those who have yet to order? For example, if I ordered at noon on the first day, are my orders still supposed to ship on May 12?

Nope......we are all May 16ths now.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby jtlee321 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 am

I just checked the status on my first order and it states "In stock and reserved". There is no ship date on it. My second order states "1 Unit Back Ordered. Expected to ship on 5/17/2011. Kind of odd that they both say different things.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Morsecode » Tue May 03, 2011 6:15 am

4 days later and they haven't sold out yet? Pretty poor for a 27,000 mintage first edition. Are buyers cancelling their own orders over silver price jitters?
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby inflationhawk » Tue May 03, 2011 6:33 am

Yes, for all the talk on coin sites, not just Realcent, it seemed awfully easy to purchase sets from each of the APs and now the Mint still hasn't sold out of the numismatic version. I think the intrinsic silver value makes these worth holding, but the rarity factor is starting to seem questionable. No buyers remorse though as many of the sets I purchased were below melt value and the original set I purchased I sold straight away for a 90% return. I like the designs and large format and would like to collect 1 set every year just to have regardless of investment value.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby brian0918 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 am

Now my order status says "In stock and reserved" - whatever that means. I guess I should have expected that ordering from the government would be a pain.
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:52 am

Does anyone know if the nifty black box is included in the order? I didn't see it as an option while ordering but I could have missed it.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby moneydog » Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 pm

mortarman wrote:Yall gotta help a soldier out on this one. My wife and I have been 90% dimes/buy-and-hold/unsophisticated/mouthbreathing types for about two years now. As such, the only money I've made has been in the appreciation of our metal, but has generated no cash flow. Do most of yall buy these to resell them on ebay? Just curios. Don't expect any competition from me as my unsophisticated ways prevent me from opening an account on feebay.

bagem up and sell them on bullion direct check site out they have a exchange you put them on
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby anarchir » Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 pm

mortarman wrote:Yall gotta help a soldier out on this one. My wife and I have been 90% dimes/buy-and-hold/unsophisticated/mouthbreathing types for about two years now. As such, the only money I've made has been in the appreciation of our metal, but has generated no cash flow. Do most of yall buy these to resell them on ebay? Just curios. Don't expect any competition from me as my unsophisticated ways prevent me from opening an account on feebay.

I havent ever sold any of mine, nearly all 90% dimes and similar "junk" silver. Just buy and hold and watch the value rise.
anarchir
Penny Sorter Member

Postby moneydog » Tue May 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:To hell with this..... I am going to pull a tooth. Try again in 20.

pull a gold one throw it in the hoard :D
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby lakehouse » Thu May 05, 2011 6:19 am

Did the mint ever sell out of these?

Would the mint ever change their prices (up or down) based on silver prices?

Is the premium still worth over 40 percent over spot??
lakehouse

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals