Another Reason to buy Silver Fractionals

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Another Reason to buy Silver Fractionals

Postby agmoose » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Other than GSM or Provident - any suggestions of where to purchase fractionals. (not ebay either.........).

I picked up a few oz worth in a group buy a while back, 1/4s and 1/2s......but can't remember who put the buy together. I think they used Lydian???
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby db23 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:19 pm

I've ordered fracs from Monarch Precious Metals, they have a small selection of rounds and ingots.
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:28 pm

And there's always the 1/10 oz Mexican Onzas, if you want an government issued coin. Not sure if they are being faked - though nothing would surprise me anymore.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby melhen26 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:26 pm

agmoose wrote:Other than GSM or Provident - any suggestions of where to purchase fractionals. (not ebay either.........).

I picked up a few oz worth in a group buy a while back, 1/4s and 1/2s......but can't remember who put the buy together. I think they used Lydian???

Probably Natsb88 and probably Lydian Mint
melhen26

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 am

agmoose wrote:Other than GSM or Provident - any suggestions of where to purchase fractionals. (not ebay either.........).

Westminster Mint, Quality Silver Bullion
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Dimes.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby SteelCityCopper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Unfortunately with any mint, the smaller the rounds/bars get in size, the greater the premium. I've seen 1/2oz, 1/4oz, and 1/10oz offered here and there, but we could provide 1 gram rounds or bars at discount for $2.15ea if there's enough interest here for 1000+ pieces. Walking Liberty and Prospector rounds are the favorites among our customers. Yea I know some folks are doing the calculations right now and thinking outrageous premium! evil mints! ripoff artists!... but Nate has beaten this topic to death in other threads and has posted some very good reasons as to why this is. I won't rehash here.

If you want fractionals, be ready to pay the premiums unless you go with junk silver. As an added plug... copper sale going on right now for a limited time :D http://www.steelcitycopper.com

Take care.
J
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Hades12 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 pm

With the prices as low as they are right now. someone needs to get a 1K piece group buy going.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Later » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:17 pm

90%
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby bigjohn56 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Cu Later wrote:90%

+1
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Z00 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:46 pm

I am hoping that some US producer comes up with a version of the Valcambi CombiBar.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: QSB group buy??

Postby tbram88 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Hades12 wrote:With the prices as low as they are right now. someone needs to get a 1K piece group buy going.

Right now at QSB 1/2 oz. rounds would be $15.93 ea. as long as we get more than 510 of them.

I know Ray was interested and I am.

Lets get a quick list of who wants in and at what price.

I can do 100 as long as its under $16 Ea.

All the best...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby saltydecks » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Fairly new at it myself.
I have like 10 1 oz. rounds, and 3 oz. of 80% Canadian junk. (Part of a coin collection I bought)
But, I had some money left in my play money on PayPal and got a couple of 1/10 silver rounds.
Fractional gold I like, cause I cant afford an oz. of gold! haha
saltydecks
Penny Sorter Member

Postby tbram88 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:05 pm

I am going to start a new thread with a Group buy feeler.

All the best...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals