Blinded by the shiny......

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Blinded by the shiny......

Postby Nickelmeister » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Or as Blackrabbit suggests, if the pendant reads 1.0 grams then the gross weight ought to be 2.4 grams with fine gold content of 1g.
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 pm

I see 1 gram too. If you look closely, you can see a tiny . between the 1 and 0.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:21 pm

LOL. Just weighed it. 1 gram. Wonder if I need to hit it with the acid... :? .
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

1 gram of 10 kt... wow. .04 grams. That's about 25 to the toz.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 pm

It is probably real 10k, just purposefully manufactured to be confusing like many silver items I have seen.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby ScottyTX » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Wow, that sucks so what were you thinking it was when you bid on it? 10 grams of .999 or 1.0 grams of .999 gold?? or something different...just curious.

Scotty
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:34 pm

ScottyTX wrote:Wow, that sucks so what were you thinking it was when you bid on it? 10 grams of .999 or 1.0 grams of .999 gold?? or something different...just curious.

Scotty

Originally, I was thinking 10g of 999. My notes said to go about $500.

I got away with one though. I won this for $70, thinking the necklace should be good too. (Not.)

So I lose a couple of worthless dollars and RElearn the lesson I've learned over and over:

DYODD.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:09 pm

the best lessons are learned through mistakes, I have made hundreds, and hundreds, perhaps thousands of mistakes, that is what has made me the person I am today. I can spot a fake from 10 feet away. Although, most pieces of fake gold are like "50 Yard Girls", meaning ALL girls look good at 50 Yards, unless you had time to preview something at the auction, NEVER take anyones word for anything. If you didnt get a chance to do a pre-inspection and you are going into a bid blind, you will almost always be wrong. It is rare to find sleepers at auctions. take it from a licensed auctioneer..me.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby alpacafarmer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:10 pm

My dad came in from an auction to have me check that he didn't screw up buying 72 silver quarters for $170 :)
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Hmm...I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:17 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Hmm...I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

:lol:
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals