Selling PMs - Taxes?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Selling PMs - Taxes?

Postby helix_rider » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:29 pm

argent_pur wrote:Helix, I sincerely hope you don't "feel" your way into a nice 10 X 10 with Bubba for tax evasion ;)

Ha, right now I don't have enough hoarded to make much of a difference. Later on, might be a different story.
Yes I do things the legal way and don't plan on doing anything that would threaten your quoted situation (Bubba).

But at the same time, my very few PM purchases have all been cash from individuals - and I would probably sell
the same way. I'm an ex eBay Power Seller and always followed the rules there reguarding gains and income, no
reason to not do the same here. My original statement was simply that I don't want to give the IRS more than I
already do - not that I won't. There is a Difference there.
Rob

Life on 2-wheels, nothing else comes close.
helix_rider

Re: Selling PMs - Taxes?

Postby TXBullion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:32 pm

i like the potato masher thing lol
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals