POLL: Where are we on this chart?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Where are we on this chart: Image

Anxiety
12%
Denial
22%
Fear
22%
Desperation
9%
Panic
12%
Capitulation
12%
Despondency
9%
Depression
2%

Total votes : 65

Re: POLL: Where are we on this chart?

Postby theo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:09 pm

This feels like capitulation. We are either at the bottom or close to it. We might test the 18 level but I doubt if we'll breach it. Silver is an industrial metal and we will start seeing real supply problems that will not be easily covered up and/or explained if this continues.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Market being down isn't good or bad. It is what it is. Most people here were confident at $49 that they were about to lay a licking on the "shorts" and have copy/pasted every abstract set of market numbers and silver everything dot com websites to reinforce their minds...but the market doesn't care. It is the ultimate arbiter.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

If this is the market; then why did it wait over 12 hours after Bernenke's statement to fall out of bed? Why didn't PMs react yesterday afternoon or evening? Perhaps the Asian markets buy the "tapering" narrative more than the West does.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 pm

In light of todays moves I voted desperation. Myself, I am sitting back and enjoying the ride. I have to presume I will never see the true value of my holdings in my lifetime but its something that my kids will ultimately inherit. I will pick up more when cash frees up from other investments. Over the last few months I have stopped buying PM's and have been buying ammo. I see it as a much better investment over my lifetime at this point.
Last edited by AGCoinHunter on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

theo wrote:If this is the market; then why did it wait over 12 hours after Bernenke's statement to fall out of bed? Why didn't PMs react yesterday afternoon or evening? Perhaps the Asian markets buy the "tapering" narrative more than the West does.

They did react yesterday. As unwinding in other markets accelerated, pm's continued to be dumped to shore up account balances. No way Asian markets bit harder. Look at USD vs currencies, incl the JPY. They were chasing an enormous treasury paper liquidation. 5 year notes had one of the biggest sell offs ever seen, even by 10 yr stds it was massive.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I suspect people will not be as interested in buying silver going forward after more than being halved from $49 where many have called it sound money. The commodity is very volatile.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:I suspect people will not be as interested in buying silver going forward after more than being halved from $49 where many have called it sound money. The commodity is very volatile.

Cheers!

When you say 'people,' do you mean members here or the general public? If the GP, demand will drop I suppose. Vicious circle of falling prices?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:I suspect people will not be as interested in buying silver going forward after more than being halved from $49 where many have called it sound money. The commodity is very volatile.

Cheers!

Whether you are a buyer or seller of PMs right now depends a lot on why you invested in the first place.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 pm

theo wrote:

Cheers!

Whether you are a buyer or seller of PMs right now depends a lot on why you invested in the first place.

+1
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:33 pm

re-voting has been enabled. If you'd like, you can update your previous submission. Please tell us why
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Engineer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I moved my vote to despondency because nobody seems to be buying.

With that being said, there's still a good chance the wheels could come off the financial system over the next few months.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Market Harmony wrote:Gold under $1300 and Silver under $20 today. Things look bad. PRICES CAN DROP PRECIPITOUSLY FROM HERE. We are making FRESH, NEW lows... that's NOT good. People WILL panic. People WILL be squeezed from positions. What is coming is a final shakeout and it WILL be ugly. Mentally prepare yourself for this. Envision it. You WILL feel sick at that time... in fact, despondent, depressed, and you will think that you want to end the pain and capitulate your holdings. You will ask yourself, "how could I have been so wrong?" THAT IS WHEN... THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAN FOR... do not consider what is happening right now, nor what happened yesterday, or the days before... instead, envision the particular future time and PREDETERMINE YOUR ACTIONS... How will you take advantage of your "point of maximum financial opportunity?" Will you flouder? flip-flop? hesitate? Or, will you stand firm and say to yourself, "this is my plan, and I planned to succeed, and I am going to execute the plan"

The time to plan is NOW. Do it. Just do it. Figure out what you will buy, how much will you buy, how you will buy it, how will you manage the position after you have it...

IT IS COMING. IT IS UGLY.

IT IS YOUR POINT OF MAXIMUM FINANCIAL OPPORTUNITY

Well said! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Cougar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:39 pm

I hope it dips below $10 for a good while. I'll be happy to take that evil metal off the hands of those it has done so wrong :D
68Cougar
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:00 am

Engineer wrote:I moved my vote to despondency because nobody seems to be buying.

With that being said, there's still a good chance the wheels could come off the financial system over the next few months.

Mike's got a good view above.

We're also seeing a range of views not just here but everywhere. Lack of buying in the moment may be for various reasons (I saw your dimes, for example - and I had to pass because I had just blown all my previously arranged fresh cash on other deals); for me I'm buying, but its dropping so fast (relatively speaking) that I don't have enough free cash to buy at every drop. Right now I'm racking my brain trying to work for free up other non-critical resources to prepare to buy more should the bottom drop out and we have a period where us bottom feeders can clear out the metal from those that give it up.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals