Feedback

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Feedback

Postby slickeast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Note to self. Start camping out near Ray's trashcan
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby natsb88 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:04 pm

I have had many transactions with both parties, and will continue to do so. But Ray wants honest opinions, so..... :P

I feel 99% of the responsibility of this error lies with the recipient. I never, ever throw out a box without removing ALL of the packaging. Ever. Too often packing slips, small items, business cards, or whatever are floating around under packing material or even under a box flap. Everything comes out of the box. Everything. Always. Even that #%$@ shredded paper Mike uses :lol: . There is zero reason not to. To me, complaining that a seller did not tell you to look in the box for your items is comparable to suing McDonalds for failing to print a giant warning label on the coffee cup to tell you the hot coffee is hot. If I were in that situation, I would not expect compensation for my oversight. I would definitely not leave any ill feedback for the seller. I would take it as a lesson learned (a very expensive lesson) and move on.
natsb88

Postby smackvay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Im new here so my opinion probably isnt as valued as others, but i made a nice size purchase from mr christostock. And when it arrived i thought it would be fun to count all the coins(which were exactly right) Only problem is that i purchased 40% halves and i got 3-5(i dont remember) 90% halves so i contacted him to see where to send more money and the guys says "you got me this time keep them" lol. This guys doesnt know me from Adam and im brand new here. So i knew early on he is a good dude(while your reading this can i get my fdback from that deal :wave: )
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Sorry ray, I can understand your concerns but Id have to side with those that see this as 99% your fault. you knew you were expecting small coins. I can remember one package in particular I sent that included some silver and a small gold coin. The gold was wrapped in paper and taped into the inside of the box. If the person had thrown it away I simply couldnt have replaced it, nor do I have the rep here that chris does. Glad it wasnt me.....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Ray is Guilty! He needs to eat another spoon full on kitty litter.

Chris should neg him on general principle.

He sent gold to the landfill?

I'd rather die and have Thogey's widow send my gold to the coinstar!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby hobo finds » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:41 pm

My 15 year old daughter lost a $20.00 bill from her babysitting money, at Target she looked all around could not find it. She was upset (not as much as her Mom, was) but said that she hopes someone who needs it, found it! I hope the same for this gold!
hobo finds

Postby christostock » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Right after I mailed his new FREE gold coin, I realized I had here in front of me his bonus.
1 hermetically sealed, pre-moistened lens towelette to clean his glasses. :lol:
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jesse1111 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Not taking sides but I usually check all the packaging because on more than 1 occasion I've found bonus silver etc. in the package with no warning for members here and at BS. I pat packages down like a Policeman on a perp.
An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.
jesse1111
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:00 am

jesse1111 wrote:Not taking sides but I usually check all the packaging because on more than 1 occasion I've found bonus silver etc. in the package with no warning for members here and at BS. I pat packages down like a Policeman on a perp.

With a twinkle in your eye?
With a donut in each hand?
While smacking them with a stick and yelling "stop resisting!" ?
Without gloves if they're pretty enough?

I've been known to include little surprises with my packages. As long as it's going flat rate, why not?

Note to self: Find a great big pair of elderly widow panties for Thogey. :lol:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:04 am

Treetop wrote:Sorry ray, I can understand your concerns but Id have to side with those that see this as 99% your fault. you knew you were expecting small coins. I can remember one package in particular I sent that included some silver and a small gold coin. The gold was wrapped in paper and taped into the inside of the box. If the person had thrown it away I simply couldnt have replaced it, nor do I have the rep here that chris does. Glad it wasnt me.....

When you pay shipping on each individual purchase, wouldn't you be inclined to expect two packages? This has never been an issue in the past, was an easily avoidable problem this time (all it would have taken was a simple note... your gold is on the way, it's in the box with the silver), and I don't expect it to ever be a problem in the future. I was on the alert for the gold to arrive...but as it usually does, in the manner packaged as described, but enclosed in an individual bubble wrapped manila envelope... not stuffed inside another SFRB containing an unrelated purchase. By the time I had inventoried the silver, then asked about the missing gold, it was a day later when I received a reply and I was already out of town again. My mail has been on hold, intermittently, for several weeks, and each time I would pick it up I would carefully check for arrival of packages but as I explained... overlooked the contents on this one.

We've beat this subject to death, yeah... it sucks to get old, senility, blindness, whatever. :roll: I buy so much stuff that once I pay for it, I occasionally forget it's on its way. On more than one occasion I've been totally surprised when an item arrived, having forgotten I had bought it. I'm just sayin this was an easily avoidable issue that highlights the importance of good communications.

On an unrelated sidenote... having just completed a stint of alternating weeks of working fourteen hour days, one week in town, then a week three hours away, that lasted for three months with only Sunday's off... I can personally attest to the debilitating effects of fatigue related to work overload. My phone was disconnected because I forgot to pay the bill for three months (usually pay online with no physical billings) and I missed a Bank of America payment and a Discover payment for the same reasons. Being in a profession (nursing, dialysis RN) where your time perception is distorted (fourteen hours seems to pass in three hours, but when the day is done all you can do is go home and crash) can have disconcerting ramifications... as well I've found out. The last three months has been a blur, seemingly compressed into what I normally perceive as the elapsing of only one month. Twilight Zone stuff :shock: :? So... all things considered... my fault for working as much as I do, because if I didn't it would have been a simple matter to go dig through the alley trash can and retrieve the box. Chris was more than gracious to offer to offset my loss, and I will work with him privately to arrive at a more reasonable resolution.

The purpose of this thread was not meant as anything more than to share a painful lesson. As Nate had pointed out, empty your boxes until you see bare bottoms. As I am trying to post constructively, timely, pertinent communications can avoid this type of confusion ... for anyone, not just us drooling old feebtards. :oops: :sick: :shifty:
Last edited by beauanderos on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Treetop » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:15 am

beauanderos wrote:When you pay shipping on each individual purchase, wouldn't you be inclined to expect two packages?

:D thats why I said 99% instead of 100% :lol:

for the record...
I wouldnt have faulted you if you had decided to leave neutral feedback. just wouldnt have agreed with it.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:43 am

Treetop wrote:
beauanderos wrote:When you pay shipping on each individual purchase, wouldn't you be inclined to expect two packages?

:D thats why I said 99% instead of 100% :lol:

for the record...
I wouldnt have faulted you if you had decided to leave neutral feedback. just wouldnt have agreed with it.

http://www.bullionstacker.com/feedback.php?mode=feedback&u=509

apparently that link won't work unless you're a member there and signed in:

"Rapid shipment on some small gold. Constructive follow-up communications and more than generous problem resolution."
Last edited by beauanderos on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Double3 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:33 am

You absolutely can not go wrong dealing with Chris.

Sounds like some unfortunate miscommunication.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:49 pm

this whole thread.....the way the interactions worked thru...the care that others took with their fellow stackers...highlights why I so love this forum.

This type of communitas is RARE on the internet, and something to cherished, guarded and protected. it made my day, for which I thank you all. Glad i'm part of this community.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby cupronickel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:37 am

Had the same thing happen to me, but with a few small sterling silver spoons thrown out when packed in a larger order. Just chalk it up to "sh-- happens !"
cupronickel
Penny Pincher Member

Postby natsb88 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:58 am

If I place several orders on Amazon over the course of the day, they generally combine them into one shipment. Though to be fair that's a bit different with Prime, and all the orders get updated with the same tracking number.

If somebody places multiple orders on my website before the first one ships, I combine the shipping (unless they specifically request not to for some reason) and update both orders with the same tracking number. I used to mess around with giving discount codes when I was able to combine shipping, but it got to be a giant PITA because people would place numerous orders and expect free shipping on most of them, not thinking about all the fixed costs that go into a transaction (fixed payment fees, the time in keying an order, printing an invoice, updating an order status, etc.).

So no, I would not necessarily expect two separate packages. I would certainly expect some kind of indication of shipping or combined shipping if dealing with a company. When dealing with an individual I consider it more of a courtesy, but it's more-or-less expected when dealing with the pro and semi-pro members here and at BS.

I'm going to start taping things to the inside of packages and hiding things under box flaps just to make sure Ray is thoroughly checking his packages now :D
natsb88

Postby JJM » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:11 pm

christostock wrote:
JJM wrote:To the counter-party: I also think the name calling is out of line though.

This was me calling myself a douche bag

Thanks for the clarification. You're obviously the cream of the crop the way you handled all of this! :clap:
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:12 am

I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY FROM BOTH RAY AND CHRIS AS BOTH OF THESE GENTLEMEN ARE TOP NOTCH IN MY BOOK.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby captainpooby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:09 pm

I found a dollar coin in a package from Chris today. I'm in!

My take on this? You couldn't leave negative feedback, the seller fulfilled his end of the bargain with zero ill will. I think a lot of us have tossed away packages with stuff in them, I know I have. I learned a long time ago to check boxes thoroughly and as a matter of fact, I keep packages and stuffing in a separate bucket in my office for weeks. It doesn't go out every other day with the regular garbage.
Always look out for number one. Unless someone is throwing poop around.

The look out for number two.
captainpooby

Postby mtldealer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:49 pm

As someone who buys regularly from both Ray and Chris... I'm glad that this got worked out. The coin gods don't like when their agents of AG and AU are not content.
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Postby amalekidad » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:00 pm

"... empty your boxes until you see bare bottoms."

And I thought this was a family friendly place :shock:
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm

amalekidad wrote:"... empty your boxes until you see bare bottoms."

And I thought this was a family friendly place :shock:

:lol:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 am

neilgin1 wrote:<snipped>
This type of communitas is RARE on the internet, and something to cherished, guarded and protected . . . Glad i'm part of this community.

I could add: Encouraged, expanded, and facilitated to the above and not a lot else.

It's a jungle out there,
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby coincrazy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:32 am

I had a box on a 10oz come in that was packed full of paper and I just grabbed the 10oz and threw the box out...what did I miss?
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby everything » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I almost threw a 1 oz. gold coin away, it was in a small mailer in between some junk mail that was just about to get thrown into the garbage can in the lobby, next to our mailboxes. I guess, I would have been looking for it, but was not expecting the coin for a few more days yet.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals