Record keeping

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Record keeping

Postby GGerrands » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:24 pm

dannan14 wrote:
GGerrands wrote:I was about to post a thread with a template I'd made, of an excel file to keep records of my silver finds from coin roll hunting.
Alas, .xls is not allowed as upload format.
But I have it if there is a way to post it.
I was pleased with my little spreadsheet, even had it calculate out the actual troy oz of silver in the face value of 90% coin.

You could copy it to a Google doc and share it. This might be a lot of work though since some of your formulas would have to be redone. Google docs spreadsheet isn't 100% compatible with Excel.

Good idea, thanks for it!
GGerrands
Penny Pincher Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, I took inventory of what I had and made it into a document! :thumbup:

Now I have a much better idea of what I need....
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverstacker » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:42 pm

chester5731 wrote:Do any of you folks keep records of what you buy and when? I was thinking of making some sort of log book to keep track of what I bought, when I bought and how much I paid. Or is it just as easy to keep a count of what I have and call it good enough?

I have developed a spreadsheet that accounts for when i bought the item, what price paid, description, % of silver/gold/platinum and sell price if i decide to flip. Works out pretty well for me. Specially at year end where I can do a sort of inventory.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals