Germany's Gold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Germany's Gold

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:51 pm

uthminsta wrote:
68Camaro wrote:I can believe that and it fits.

+1... it fits, and it's absolutely horrifying if it's true.

It's amazing how thin a veil this status quo is... how thin a cover of peace and calm we have, this safety, this security, this normalcy... how thin it is, covering over the abhorrent reality... and yet everyone is content to live blindly... as if that onion-skin-thin layer is all we need to continue on indefinitely, living our oh-so-wonderful lives, making our ridiculous choices, building futures... based on... lies.

ignorance is bliss right ? :roll:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby baggerman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:25 pm

beauanderos wrote:My guess? The gold obviously isn't there (witness the re-smelted bars they returned so far). They sat down and explained this to them in terms a dumkauf could understand (the present system is dependent upon the misperception that the dollar is sound... even though it is no longer backed by gold, and if the public learns unequivocally that the gold is non-existent than the pillars of international trade will collapse. A dollar implosion would have a hugely negative global impact, and thus, it's in Germany's best interest to maintain the smoke and mirrors).

"Either go along... and pretend everything is kosher, and we'll slowly funnel back whatever we can obtain from whatever sources are stupid enough to trust us with their holdings... can you say Ukraine? Or keep demanding your gold... and get nothing back."

Ray I think you hit the nail on the head. I am almost positive the gold is long gone.
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Hey if anybody wants, I'll hold their gold for them. I will definitely keep it safe and sound. I swear I will give it back, unless you ask for it. Also you can come and see it anytime, with a well advanced notice. I will eventually show it to you when I get around to it, well some of it anyway. You will be so well pleased with how I hold your gold you will never want it back! Please respond quickly via PM as first come first served!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:25 am

Germany doesn't need gold. They have chocolate.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 am

Actually Belgium has chocolate; Germany has Belgium. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:32 am

Ditto for The Netherlands (that is - if Germany wants them)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 am

Belgium nor germany really "have chocolate" neither of them grow it. They import it.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals