'64 halves still getting huge premiums on Ebay. Madness.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: '64 halves still getting huge premiums on Ebay. Madness.

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:24 am

Morsecode wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:...BUT, when you see that rotten nest called Alibaba, do an IPO on the American market, KNOWING these are the BIGGEST F###ing counterfeiter's of Eagles, I want PCGS or NGC to slab the roll

I've been meaning to ask: if ASE's are money...and obviously they are, $1 coins...and we have a Secret Service that's supposed to investigate counterfeiting, and Alibaba is known to counterfeit ASE's....what am I missing?

Has the SS been told to stand down in regards to a Chinese company for...what exactly. Political reasons? To aid in disrupting and generally unsettling the silver market?

I don't know how our Secret Service could prosecute any company in another country. If they're doing something that is legal in their country, I'm not sure there is a thing we can do. I don't know for sure that it is legal, but I don't hear much about Chinese authorities cracking down much on counterfeiting. So, even if it is technically illegal, it seems to me that it is similar to a highway with a posted speed limit where everyone knows the cops will leave you alone if you don't go over 85mph.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: '64 halves still getting huge premiums on Ebay. Madness.

Postby Engineer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:55 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
Morsecode wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:...BUT, when you see that rotten nest called Alibaba, do an IPO on the American market, KNOWING these are the BIGGEST F###ing counterfeiter's of Eagles, I want PCGS or NGC to slab the roll

I've been meaning to ask: if ASE's are money...and obviously they are, $1 coins...and we have a Secret Service that's supposed to investigate counterfeiting, and Alibaba is known to counterfeit ASE's....what am I missing?

Has the SS been told to stand down in regards to a Chinese company for...what exactly. Political reasons? To aid in disrupting and generally unsettling the silver market?

I don't know how our Secret Service could prosecute any company in another country. If they're doing something that is legal in their country, I'm not sure there is a thing we can do. I don't know for sure that it is legal, but I don't hear much about Chinese authorities cracking down much on counterfeiting. So, even if it is technically illegal, it seems to me that it is similar to a highway with a posted speed limit where everyone knows the cops will leave you alone if you don't go over 85mph.

IIRC, alibaba is incorporated in the Cayman Islands.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals