Silver Scarcity?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver Scarcity?

Postby silverstacker » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:17 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
christostock wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Go in there with LOTS of cash and make an offer. You should be able to get him down to 13x or 12x.

This wont work when the big boys are paying huge premiums to get this stuff!!!!
Just sayin

I do it all the time. Try this... walk into your LCS and expose a stack of hundred dollar bills in front of the owners eyes. Tell him you'll buy all the 90% he's got for 12x face. The worse thing he can do is say no.

This is the first time I've said this on this or any site for that matter but you're out of your mind if you think $100 bills will persuade an LCS to drop from 15x to 12 x or even from 13 x to 12....that just a ridiculous post. Sorry but I'm calling you out on this
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:23 pm

silverstacker wrote:I'm actually going out for some drinks with three of the LCS employees and will raise that question.

Ended up going out with three of the guys from my LCS for dinner and drinks and really didn't talk about the Biz but I did raise the question on junk. They said that it would take a lot of money for them to go from the current 14x downward. And even if it was a ton of cash they would be around 13.9 maybe 13.8 ....so no real break
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:45 pm

silverstacker wrote:
This is the first time I've said this on this or any site for that matter but you're out of your mind if you think $100 bills will persuade an LCS to drop from 15x to 12 x or even from 13 x to 12....that just a ridiculous post. Sorry but I'm calling you out on this

I think it depends on the LCS. They have bills to pay like everyone else. Catch them at the right time and they will sell what they can at the price you give them. I tend to believe Cu Penny Hoarder.
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:59 pm

tdtwedt wrote:
silverstacker wrote:

I think it depends on the LCS. They have bills to pay like everyone else. Catch them at the right time and they will sell what they can at the price you give them. I tend to believe Cu Penny Hoarder.

This reminds me that I need to find out when Doc Rodebaugh's dental school tuition bill is due. I might be able to get some more of his pours. :angel:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals