How much 90% Silver is left?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Have you read the Henry A. Merton's book, The Big Silver Melt

Yes
22%
No
72%
Partially
6%

Total votes : 32

Re: How much 90% Silver is left?

Postby InfleXion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:20 am

I've always figured that on a long enough timeline 90% will eventually attain numismatic status. It might not seem like it, but paying spot price for 90% is a recent thing. For a long time you used to be able to get the stuff for less than melt value, and that was the expected norm. Over time it will continue to be melted, so like silver bullion as an investment it's the long play. Just make sure you pay by weight and not by face value, and like others have said don't spend what you can't afford to lose. Silver is my savings account and retirement plan, not a get rich quick scheme that I plan to part with as soon as it has an uptick. Speculative gambling is for cryptocurrencies, not hard money. If I have to sell any of it when I don't want to, then I overextended myself.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals