US 90% Premiums Increasing???

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: US 90% Premiums Increasing???

Postby pennypicker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:28 am

After some minor "quality" issues and "game playing" with respect to APMEX and Provident I changed over to JM Bullion four years ago and they have been great in every aspect. JM Bullion is now the only "big boy" dealer I buy from.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:03 pm

68Camaro wrote:I posted on the issue at the time but it was through apmex/eBay. They shipped to a hand written incorrectly written address so it bounced around the country for two weeks becore returning to apmex then getting resent and when it arrived it was the wrong 1 oz gold coin so I returned it (I should have just kept it) and the whole debacle started over again. Through it all communication was nearly nonexistent and eBay was of course no help. In the end I got what I ordered but two months late with no apology or consideration for their incompetence. Never again.

The fact that such a prominent firm would use a hand-written shipping label is surprising to me. Maybe their printer ran out of ink or some such thing. But it seems like a bit of a fluke to me- as opposed to them wanting to blatantly cheat you.

Frankly, I was thinking that maybe they took 1-2 months to deliver or something like that.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 pm

pennypicker wrote:After some minor "quality" issues and "game playing" with respect to APMEX and Provident I changed over to JM Bullion four years ago and they have been great in every aspect. JM Bullion is now the only "big boy" dealer I buy from.

I'll second JM Bullion as excellent - and I use them myself (though I haven't been buying much lately).

Even so, it's a function of what you're spending. If you were one who (and there are few if any on RC who have this magnitude of resource, or at least would admit to it) were spending 6 digits or more in a transaction, the only supplier I would recommend you deal with is Miles Franklin - absolutely the best reputation in the business, a solid business model, and you can develop a personal relationship with them. They work more at levels that are way above my head, but I did have a couple of transactions with them, and have been to one of their seminars, and I sort of know a couple of the principals, and they are fantastic to deal with. When their shipping crew happens to screw up they admit to it, apologize, and fix it. They've been known to throw in an extra ASE or two as appreciation for putting up with their screw up. And they work with Brinks (I believe it is, in the US) and RCM (in Canada) to provide vault service in both US and Canada.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Generic 90% now $1.09 above spot on Apmex. Spot price is going down and they're making up for it.

I predict the $0.29 above spot price I posted about in August 2018 won't be seen again for many, many years.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:34 am

Black Friday sale on APMEX... 90% is 0.59 cents over spot today. IMO, probably the last chance to get it this cheap.

Just wanted to tell everyone here. I imagine other bullion dealers are having sales today too.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby smackvay » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm

I got lucky and grabbed. A $100 face bag for 10 times face
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:05 pm

smackvay wrote:I got lucky and grabbed. A $100 face bag for 10 times face

Nice. Online or LCS?
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby daviscfad » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 am

to the coin shop owner that the OP was talking about.
I just remember the last time everyone was saying silver was going up.. It had been up over 45 and hovering in the low 30s. it went down to 20 almost immediately after..
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:11 am

daviscfad wrote:to the coin shop owner that the OP was talking about.
I just remember the last time everyone was saying silver was going up.. It had been up over 45 and hovering in the low 30s. it went down to 20 almost immediately after..

All asset bubbles draw buyers because of greed and FOMO (fear of missing out). Most who bought silver at $35, $40 and $45 was dumb money chasing price in hopes for larger gains... nothing more. There is no greed or FOMO for silver right now, in fact people are very close to hating it. That means people should be buying. Could it go even lower?... it sure can.

How about the greedy, dumb money FOMO buyers who bought bitcoin at $10,000, $15,000 and $20K? - ouch! At least silver is tangible, has utility and intrinsic value. Blipcoins are nothing but vaporware and internet hype.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals