Anyone Buying Ag/Au Right Now?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Anyone Buying Ag/Au Right Now?

Postby 97guns » Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 pm

97guns wrote:my position is built around $22 but i am adding some on this dip. sunday night i picked up 25 oz at $43.40 and today added 15 mixed eagles at $43.73 a pop. i'll keep buying up to $45.

i added 2 rolls of eagles just now for $38.90 a pop, buy on ebay and use your rebates. there are ALOT of scared sellers there right now.

its getting close to $35 so i cashed out one of my 401K's and will be adding 9K to the stack.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Thu May 05, 2011 2:28 pm

on the subject of ebay, this is a prime example of why NOT to bid on precious metals when an auction is still DAYS away from ending

i expect there will be a spike in cancelled bids and non paying bidders...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Waiting to buy, but still planning on it.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby franklin » Thu May 05, 2011 6:27 pm

I figured a bunch of y'all, based on previous statements on dips, would be "backing up your trucks" to the loading dock. Is this not the 'golden moment' ?
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu May 05, 2011 6:28 pm

franklin wrote:I figured a bunch of y'all, based on previous statements on dips, would be "backing up your trucks" to the loading dock. Is this not the 'golden moment' ?

I am surprised too :shock:
TXBullion

Postby slickeast » Thu May 05, 2011 6:50 pm

I wouldn't back the truck up yet. I am waiting for the dust to settle. Heck the building is still falling.

I am going to wait until I see at least a plateau or start seeing a rebound. With a $4+ drop today, you would be down over 12% if you had bought yesterday.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Thogey » Thu May 05, 2011 6:52 pm

E-bay sniping here. All my available cash is going into silver. I'm very excited about this fallout.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby justj2k78 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Unfortunately, I'm a few weeks from having any "extra" money, barring an unforeseen windfall (do those happen?). I don't "hope" for anything in the silver market. When I have the funds, I will certainly buy. However, if I had the funds, I would be buying as the deals came along.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

I am buying with both hands at each new level crossed. Spending money faster than I can make it right now.
Guys, Set plans and try to stick to them if you can.

My current move/plan (example):
for every $2 spot goes down I pick up (X) number of ounces
as spot continues downward that (X) gets a few more ounces added to it.

Another Good example:
Spend set $X.00 each paycheck on ounces

Whatever works for you.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby blackrabbit » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

I am looking for deals on e-bay but people seem to still be willing to pay crazy prices. I sold a little bit on the high and have some paypal funds that I will blow if I find some good stuff at spot.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby RR GUY » Thu May 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Bought a bit of coins today for the first time in about three months. I went to see a dealer today who was begging me to buy all of the junk that he had taken in during the short-lived bubble we had in the past three weeks. I picked through about $10,000 of face and manged to grab about 45 1964 Kennedys and about 300 Mercury dimes (which I've been going through all afternoon). Got a few dozen AU quarters as well. Paid 20x face for the whole lot. The ebay was pretty good for me today too. Snagged a large (200) lot of circulated Franklins for about 21x face before rebates and grabbed about 10 Peace dollars for melt value. I had to work real hard today buying all of these coins, spent three hours sorting through all of these coins at the dealer (at least he bought lunch) and bid on over 200 auctions, only to win 16. There are still plenty of bidders out there. I may go to the jewelery distict tomorrow and see if there is any blood in the streets over there.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Glad you all are able to find some good deals on coins. Am sure they are out there, but they still aren't the norm. Most people seem to be holding on for the bump back. Ebay prices haven't - in general - dropped much yet. That will change over time, but people seem to be waiting.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby RR GUY » Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm aware that today's prices are about 25x face. That being said, if you buy large lots or show up at a dealer with a few grand in greenbacks, you can get deals. There has to be some blood in the streets at the moment. I'm not quite sure how long this will last, but I'll pick up a little here and there when I can get my price.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby merchoarder » Thu May 05, 2011 9:19 pm

I really hope spot stays low for at least a few weeks. I feel like a kid in a candy store with no cash!!! Lol, I may have overextended myself in the last few weeks and now am in the unfortunate position of having to catch up on bills before I can buy more. I'm a "newbie" and didn't really get into the game until around $30 spot although I've collected coins most of my life. Thinking of selling off some of my sizable stamp collection to buy silver. I'm fairly young and think of this all as a long term "retirement plan" so not looking to make a quick buck. Anyway, can't wait to buy when I get some more FRN's!!!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals