And They're Off

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: And They're Off

Postby beauanderos » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Ok, so dumb move of the day. I sold enough large cap gold stock (AEM, GG, GDX) just after the open to fund the purchase of nine junior silver stocks listed on the Vancouver exchange. Money in my hot little hands... go to place my orders... and... the Canadian Exchanges are CLOSED. Turns out it's Thanksgiving up there today! Image I did manage to pick up Mag Silver and Great Panther, better than nothing I guess. I hope my other planned purchases aren't a heckuva lot more expensive in the morning
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:10 pm

beauanderos wrote:Ok, so dumb move of the day. I sold enough large cap gold stock (AEM, GG, GDX) just after the open to fund the purchase of nine junior silver stocks listed on the Vancouver exchange. Money in my hot little hands... go to place my orders... and... the Canadian Exchanges are CLOSED. Turns out it's Thanksgiving up there today! Image I did manage to pick up Mag Silver and Great Panther, better than nothing I guess. I hope my other planned purchases aren't a heckuva lot more expensive in the morning

Is it still turkey or is it goose?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 am

Get off the floor and stop laughing. It turned out not so bad. Everything I sold has dropped below what I got for it, and buying the juniors on this temporary weakness I got them for a penny or two less than I would have yesterday. My best steal? I got REE for $7.75 a share, and now it's back up four percent or so from where I bought. Yesterday it was up ten percent!
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:34 am

beauanderos wrote:
dougefresh wrote:Overnight trading is a lot more interesting to watch these days.
I've read several sources that say that an Asian cartel of billionaires is in the process of busting LBMA, so it's interesting to see which side will win Image

Awesome! :mrgreen: Post an article, I want to learn more!

Currently, I am prospecting for prescous metals in ore bodies. Why pay today's premiums if I can pull it out to the ground for half the price? If I hit paydirt... RealCenters shall hear about it! :D
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:30 am

Can you spell "platinum metals group"? Why yes I can. Maybe I found some too.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals