Waterproof coin tubes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Waterproof coin tubes

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 pm

You could just put them in a safe.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:30 pm

balz wrote:Hmmm... Some people recommand vacuum, others pvc, otherz doing nothing...

I'd like something very easy if possible. Vacuum seems complicated if you have many rounds (which is not my case yet, but I'm planning for the future, who knows) and you need to put them in a small place...

I never really said I dont do anything. I said its not something Id be overly concerned about is all. I hide mine in numerous spots... Generally keep things in the basic coin tubes. Ammo cans can be buried and if the seals are good on them seem water tight. I know a guy who had a .22 buried with some ammo it was fine years later...

I just wouldnt worry so much unless it is numismatic stuff. Worst that could happen is it gets tarnished and that really doesnt matter to much.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby spcake89 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Beau wrote:
spcake89 wrote:Honestly and im sorry if this bursts any bubbles out there but the "numismatic" premiums u pay on american silver eagles and bullion coin of the sort you will never get back. your silver american eagle is worth the same all banged up and blacker than night with tarnish as it it is bright and shiny on the day of minting its worth the price of silver. thats all it was worth and thats all it with be worth so spending your money on keeping it shiny unless your talking about morgans and the like is pointless. a.999 silver round is a .999 silver round is a .999 silver round it will always beworth the price of silver and nothing more.

spcake89,
I`am sorry to burst your bubble, but try and get the same price for the tarnished silver eagles the you get for BU silver eagles, you will never do it.
the BU coins always bring more money and that is any coin silver eagles or pennies.

GOOD LUCK
Beau

Beau
My apologies i should clarify that if your are dealing with coin dealers yes youwill get more for bu coins no matter what kind than onethat is tarnished or rather dinged up but at least inmy dealings with coin dealers they are overccharging for premiums on the bu coins yes an american silver ealge is a numismatic coin to some and to those people more power to you ibuy them only as bullion and thus dont care about the condition where as rare coins such as some of the morgans id only invest in in higher grades. the american eagles arent rare coins therefore iwill not buythem as numismatic pieces but solely for the silver that is in them ican get them at a buck above spot at anytime and its any mix of years a lot of them are even in good grade i dont ask for better grades i can get morgans in higher grades for about spot too so id rather shield my investment coins from the elements than bullion.
spcake89

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals