Time to buy?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Time to buy?

Postby balz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:08 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Stock market futures and all commodities (including G&S) are getting hammered right now. I do NOT recommend buying any gold or silver stocks or ETFs at this time. These things will drop sharply like they did in 2008.

Physical is going on sale right now and it may go much lower. I am cost averaging in on these dips. I've been buying a little here and there, but I am getting ready to load the truck if gold breaks below $1700.

I suspect many G&S bullion dealers will be very busy today and sell out of many items, especially ASEs.

Any chance the mid-august scenario repeat itself?

It dropped sharply, but only for two days. If you missed the buying opportunity... then you missed it!

Damn it... I bought several onces at 43 some weeks ago... what a bad timing..

It seems it always do down when I buy and up when I sell! :evil:
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:15 pm

balz wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Stock market futures and all commodities (including G&S) are getting hammered right now. I do NOT recommend buying any gold or silver stocks or ETFs at this time. These things will drop sharply like they did in 2008.

Physical is going on sale right now and it may go much lower. I am cost averaging in on these dips. I've been buying a little here and there, but I am getting ready to load the truck if gold breaks below $1700.

I suspect many G&S bullion dealers will be very busy today and sell out of many items, especially ASEs.

Any chance the mid-august scenario repeat itself?

It dropped sharply, but only for two days. If you missed the buying opportunity... then you missed it!

Damn it... I bought several onces at 43 some weeks ago... what a bad timing..

It seems it always do down when I buy and up when I sell! :evil:

Don't sweat it man, a few months from now you'll be downright giddy you bought at $43!

Like I said above, I think to best way to buy is cost average in. Don't blow you load on big purchases and use up all your fiascos at once... there will always be another chance.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Don't sweat it man, a few months from now you'll be downright giddy you bought at $43!

Like I said above, I think to best way to buy is cost average in. Don't blow you load on big purchases and use up all your fiascos at once... there will always be another chance.

exactly right

these dips seperate the long term silver men from the boys, so to say :D

just keep buying what you can when you can and you'll be fine
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby JobIII » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:27 pm

JobIII wrote:75% of your holdings in that one etf... Wow. That seems incredibly risky I hope you didn't buy too many shares during April and May of this year. Dollar cost averaging this year would change the YTD performance you spoke of... Also AGQ's YTD performance is actually >170% :P

~JobIII

I can't believe what happened to AGQ in the past 8 days. Riding around $210 per share on 9/21/11 and now $110 on 9/26/11...
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:09 pm

IMF says they are broke and need funding. What's that going to do?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I'm currently opening up my box of St Gaudens MS-60's that I bought when gold dipped to $1700 in August (personal checks take too damn long to clear). These are undoubtedly the most attractive/beautiful coins the US ever minted. Well worth the wait!

NICE!!!...a BOX no less.....indeed, she is a most beautiful girl....right there, someday, ...mebbe soon, you can buy some nice LAND, just with those.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals