My Experiement

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: My Experiement

Postby Numis Pam » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 am

Yeah BamaJoe, enquiring minds wanna know! :P 8-)
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hades12 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:14 am

another vote for how did it go?

would be interisting for several people to get together and spilt 100K of boxes and see the turn out.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, I have to say it was either a success or the silver gods smiled on me just at that time. I started the experiment in September and yields started picking up in late October. November turned out to be my best month of 2012 with 227 40% and 19 90%, December dropped some, but was still my 3rd best month of that year with 158 40% and 28 90%.

Even January of this year had decent results with 119 40% and 17 90% even though I was running out of unused dump banks. Sadly February results started to nosedive in the middle of the month and my finds since have truly sucked wind. I guess I gotta find a way to get my rejects out of state now. I am going to be a few states away next week and plan on taking $6000 in halves with me to dump while there. :D
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hags » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 pm

BamaJoe wrote:Well, I have to say it was either a success or the silver gods smiled on me just at that time. I started the experiment in September and yields started picking up in late October. November turned out to be my best month of 2012 with 227 40% and 19 90%, December dropped some, but was still my 3rd best month of that year with 158 40% and 28 90%.

Even January of this year had decent results with 119 40% and 17 90% even though I was running out of unused dump banks. Sadly February results started to nosedive in the middle of the month and my finds since have truly sucked wind. I guess I gotta find a way to get my rejects out of state now. I am going to be a few states away next week and plan on taking $6000 in halves with me to dump while there. :D

Thanks for the update....I'm trying something similar by dumping all my halves 200 miles from home...I take them along with me when I go to my cabin and dump them in three nearby cities which have 6 branches combined...I visit my cabin around twice a month, to keep the lawn mowed and soak a line...so the long distance dump is just another reason to spend a weekend at the cabin....

My latest boxes of halves have changed in character and I wondered if you seen something similar....My early boxes had 4 to 8 bicentennial halves per roll and a fair amount of halves from the 2000s....Lately my boxes have noticeably dropped the number of bicenntennial halves and contain only a few halves from the 2000s....many more 70s, 80s, and 90s....and the grade of those years seem better....my first boxes had halves that were really beat up....but not so anymore....I'm wondering if I'm progressing down thru the decades as I go thru more boxes.....How many boxes would you think are on skid?....
Oh...my silver finds haven't really taken off....but my string of skunks is broken more often then before....

hags
hags
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fb101 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:09 pm

BamaJoe wrote: I am going to be a few states away next week and plan on taking $6000 in halves with me to dump while there. :D

you are NOT welcome in PA or DE.
persona non grata
keep out
no trespassing
:lol:

But seriously, no dumping allowed :evil:
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:57 pm

When's the next coin show in Philadelphia? 8-)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:06 pm

I have found that holding my dumps until just before a pickup will typically offset that some. your idea seems very good too though.

maybe you could get in good with the brinks guy and help him dust off those old pallets.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 pm

or maybe even dumping in bulk in another state. ;)
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 am

John_doe wrote:I have found that holding my dumps until just before a pickup will typically offset that some. your idea seems very good too though.

maybe you could get in good with the brinks guy and help him dust off those old pallets.

I think that those people who are in the same area should do a "group buy" Ask brinks or loomis how many they have, pool a bunch of money and make a big purchase.

Then dump them outside the region and do it again.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals