Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver Was $23 now $22....going to $21?

Postby scyther » Sun May 19, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm glad I missed the great buying opportunities over the last month :mrgreen:

But if anyone doesn't think it's going lower, I would suggest putting in an order now before they raise premiums again...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:See you at 18.

What are YOUR plans when it gets to $18 ?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

I'll be brushing the dirt off some fresh powder at some point, if this lasts.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Country wrote:

MY plans never change. Always buying.... always selling.

However, If I was going to dump fresh FRN into the system then I would do so at price points broken.

Example:
Spot hits $20.....Buy 20 ounces
Spot hits $19.....Buy 30 ounces
Spot hits $18.....Buy 40 ounces
ect
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Sun May 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Country wrote:

MY plans never change. Always buying.... always selling.

However, If I was going to dump fresh FRN into the system then I would do so at price points broken.

Example:
Spot hits $20.....Buy 20 ounces
Spot hits $19.....Buy 30 ounces
Spot hits $18.....Buy 40 ounces
ect

Only 20 to 40 TOZs? Not much conviction there! :lol:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver Was $22 now $21....going to $20?

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Just an example. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Sun May 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Just an example. :)

OK!! We shall see sir... :wave:

SILVER seems to moving HIGHER; perhaps we have just seen the CAPITULATION BOTTOM AT $20.23 ?? :thumbup:

NOW AT $21.52 $21.60 AND RISING !! :thumbup:
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Sun May 19, 2013 6:25 pm

See this: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-1 ... iquidation

I always thought Europe would go first, but Japan may be the canary in the mine. Prime Minister Abe is a dark, nefarious man.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Sun May 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Japan is the poster child for what Keynesianism leads to. They've been at it since the 90s.

Yen triggers stops at 102, and silver sells off? Who says silver ain't money :mrgreen:
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun May 19, 2013 11:41 pm

InfleXion wrote:Japan is the poster child for what Keynesianism leads to. They've been at it since the 90s.

Yen triggers stops at 102, and silver sells off? Who says silver ain't money :mrgreen:

I lived in Tokyo from 1990 to 1995. Reality began to slowly sink in then for some people. Downhill ever since. Remember how in the 80's everyone thought the Japanese would buy everything in America? Awesome bubble. Tulips anyone? 15,000+ DOW?

TooBigToFailBanker: I swear, Congressman, we never saw it coming. Can we please have that umpty zillion bailout now?
Congressman: OK, but don't ever let it happen again, or else I'll say, "OK, but don't ever let it happen again."
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Mon May 20, 2013 1:51 am

Come on $5 silver.....

Course I have to wonder.....with all those Gold Buyers that popped up in the last few years, could they have screwed the pooch by "Increasing" the supply unintentionally?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Mon May 20, 2013 2:15 am

cesariojpn wrote:Come on $5 silver.....

Course I have to wonder.....with all those Gold Buyers that popped up in the last few years, could they have screwed the pooch by "Increasing" the supply unintentionally?

I fear so...

We can only hope that people will start buying more gold jewelry and silverware if the price goes cheaper, but I have a feeling that won't happen...
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am

scyther wrote:We can only hope that people will start buying more gold jewelry and silverware if the price goes cheaper, but I have a feeling that won't happen...

Demand and premiums in Asia were already at multi-year highs last week before we saw $21 silver. Chinese gold imports in March were a monthly record and nearly double the previous monthly record. We have yet to see how things will shake out for April and May since that March number was with silver at $28 and gold at $1600! Whether people in the US will get the memo, I'm not convinced one way or the other, but the vastly larger populations in the East are pulling enough weight for the rest of us.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... 0320130516

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 pm

InfleXion wrote:
scyther wrote:We can only hope that people will start buying more gold jewelry and silverware if the price goes cheaper, but I have a feeling that won't happen...

Demand and premiums in Asia were already at multi-year highs last week before we saw $21 silver. Chinese gold imports in March were a monthly record and nearly double the previous monthly record. We have yet to see how things will shake out for April and May since that March number was with silver at $28 and gold at $1600! Whether people in the US will get the memo, I'm not convinced one way or the other, but the vastly larger populations in the East are pulling enough weight for the rest of us.

The middle class populations in the East aren't much higher (if at all) than the US. The poor don't buy too much gold.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 pm

scyther wrote:
InfleXion wrote:

The middle class populations in the East aren't much higher (if at all) than the US. The poor don't buy too much gold.

I don't know what the middle class population is over there, although Chinese worker wages rose 17% last year, quite a bit better than here. Besides China there is also India. They may not have as much to spend on metals as the average person over here, but it's ingrained in their culture. Even the Joe Sickpacks here in the US could afford an ounce of silver each week, but their priorities are elsewhere. Maybe in the East they can't buy nearly as much per household, but every household wants to be buying, and they dwarf our population.

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Mon May 20, 2013 2:04 pm

REVERSAL!!! :thumbup:

BUCKLE UP EVERYONE FOR THE RIDE HIGHER!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SHOULD YOU WAIT ANY LONGER TO BACK UP THE TRUCK BY WAITING FOR $18 SILVER ? :shh:

(follow through is necessary - 3 STRONG CONSEQUTIVE "SENTINEL" DAYS - to make this the completion of the 2011 correction... ) :|
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon May 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Doc sure is quick to change the title of this thread when silver is plummeting, but there always seems to be a molar that needs extracting when it's heading North. :lol:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Mon May 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Country wrote:(follow through is necessary - 3 STRONG CONSEQUTIVE "SENTINEL" DAYS - to make this the completion of the 2011 correction... ) :|

Can you elaborate on the 3 sentinel days? I don't recall hearing that in 2011.

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Mon May 20, 2013 3:37 pm

InfleXion wrote:
Country wrote:(follow through is necessary - 3 STRONG CONSEQUTIVE "SENTINEL" DAYS - to make this the completion of the 2011 correction... ) :|

http://www.traderslog.com/three-soldiers-candlestick-2/

Strong followthrough is needed to put some distance from the low point. 3 strong up days - significant appreciation - to put fear in the shorts who think that is the "no-brainer" trade. Also, BULLs need to regain courage and enthusiasm. I think price movement is strongly related to sentiment, more so than fundamentals.
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:Doc sure is quick to change the title of this thread when silver is plummeting, but there always seems to be a molar that needs extracting when it's heading North. :lol:

He might be snatching gold fillings out when the prices are rising.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon May 20, 2013 7:09 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:Doc sure is quick to change the title of this thread when silver is plummeting, but there always seems to be a molar that needs extracting when it's heading North. :lol:

:lol:

It looks llike me but Joe (franklins dad) sent me a PM to change it down. Dude is on it.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby InfleXion » Tue May 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Country wrote:
InfleXion wrote:

http://www.traderslog.com/three-soldiers-candlestick-2/

Strong followthrough is needed to put some distance from the low point. 3 strong up days - significant appreciation - to put fear in the shorts who think that is the "no-brainer" trade. Also, BULLs need to regain courage and enthusiasm. I think price movement is strongly related to sentiment, more so than fundamentals.

Interesting technical analysis. I only do physical metal so it's not really an option for me to take advantage, but something to watch for.

I also agree price is largely related to sentiment. Really, the gold price is nothing but sentiment because it has no practical utility. In the absence of a reliable price discovery mechanism fundamentals only really matter at the breaking point. I think they will return to prominence in the next 5-10 years, but that's just a guess.

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Nice Reversal

Postby Country » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm

It appears that there is some quiet accumulation going on right at $22+ SILVER the past few days. Hey, maybe we already saw a bottom. :thumbup:

Sentiment on PMs seems like sentiment when the SPX was at 700. Remember then, all the predictions for the DOW to crash down further to 3000 from 6500. The negative predictions abound now for PMs. It would'nt surprise me that the boyz are backin up the truck right now. Even today, the Citi prediction that 2013 is the END OF THE COMMODITY SUPERCYCLE. Wall Street loves to spread fear, and the boyz are doing the opposite of what they tell you to do. How many times do we have to fall for their doublespeak? It would be a great time for the boyz to catch all the shorts going the wrong way, on the PM short trade long in the tooth and supposedly an easy no-brainer short, right before the Memorial Day weekend. It's gotta go lower; all our charts prove it !
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver Was $21 now $22....going to $zero?

Postby Rosco » Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 am

Picked up two BU Quarters last night at coin club at spot + but red book says I got a buy
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Re: Nice Reversal

Postby Country » Wed May 22, 2013 9:13 am

Country wrote:It appears that there is some quiet accumulation going on right at $22+ SILVER the past few days. Hey, maybe we already saw a bottom. :thumbup:

Sentiment on PMs seems like sentiment when the SPX was at 700. Remember then, all the predictions for the DOW to crash down further to 3000 from 6500. The negative predictions abound now for PMs. It would'nt surprise me that the boyz are backin up the truck right now. Even today, the Citi prediction that 2013 is the END OF THE COMMODITY SUPERCYCLE. Wall Street loves to spread fear, and the boyz are doing the opposite of what they tell you to do. How many times do we have to fall for their doublespeak? It would be a great time for the boyz to catch all the shorts going the wrong way, on the PM short trade long in the tooth and supposedly an easy no-brainer short, right before the Memorial Day weekend. It's gotta go lower; all our charts prove it !

UP WE GO ??? :thumbup:

DOWN WE GO ??? :thumbdown:
Country
Realcent Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals