SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$43, NOW $44+

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, NOW $41+

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:01 pm

41.jpg
41.jpg (43.45 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Last edited by henrysmedford on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:02 pm

blackrabbit wrote:This is insane! When is it going to go down?

don't worry it will.......and when it does......it will move down 100 times faster than the run up.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Look Face selling at 30 times face. :D
Click on photo for full view.
30.jpg
30.jpg (186.93 KiB) Viewed 827 times
Last edited by henrysmedford on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:32 pm

OK. OK. I admit to being surprised about silver's "so high-so fast" run. Now at $41, it seems to be defying gravity. Where's my crystal ball when I need it as I'd like to know what to expect one week or one month from now.

On a rapid rise like this, many silver investors will be left in the dust. With one dollar face in US 90% coins at about $30, a $100 bill can now purchase 6 silver half dollars and about 3 dimes. If you live in a state where sales tax is charged on coin purchases, knock back at least one of those dimes. I lived through and participated in the Great Silver Run of 1980. While the POS continued to rise, lack of public willingness to buy at the escalating prices caused a surplus in the supply. The price started dropping.

Should I be excited or apprehensive about what happens next?
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:OK. OK. I admit to being surprised about silver's "so high-so fast" run. Now at $41, it seems to be defying gravity. Where's my crystal ball when I need it as I'd like to know what to expect one week or one month from now.

On a rapid rise like this, many silver investors will be left in the dust. With one dollar face in US 90% coins at about $30, a $100 bill can now purchase 6 silver half dollars and about 3 dimes. If you live in a state where sales tax is charged on coin purchases, knock back at least one of those dimes. I lived through and participated in the Great Silver Run of 1980. While the POS continued to rise, lack of public willingness to buy at the escalating prices caused a surplus in the supply. The price started dropping.

The run of 1980 is in no way comparable to this. That was the Hunt Bros, pure and simple, trying to corner the market.

This one is different.

Should you be apprehensive? Not about owning silver, I think. Especially if you've already largely bought in now. (And I don't think it's too late to buy in.) However, I think we should all be apprehensive, in general, as the trouble lurking behind all of this is certain to surface, and if so, it will get ugly. I don't think ugly for silver. But possibly ugly for life in general - even for those with solid silver hoards.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$32-$33-$34-$35-$36-$37-$38-$39 NOW $40

Postby Country » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Country wrote:Nothing like a good celebration!!! $40 SILVER - the stuff of dreams...

Now comes the real fun - the EXPONENTIAL RISE!!! It's gonna take our breathe away.... :mrgreen:

THE EXPONENTIAL RISE HAS BEGUN BABY!!! :mrgreen:

TOO MANY FOLKS LOOKING FOR THE CORRECTION... LET'S RIDE THIS BULL MARKET TO ALL TIME HIGHS BY MAY!!!
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Position size doubled. Short @ $41.49
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 pm

No cheerleading here. The trades will speak for themselves. While the future is ALWAYS unknowable, a crack back to the low 30's or lower would not be a surprise.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 pm

i dont understand. Why would anyone think that $41 silver is crazy high?......especially when you start counting QE2, the amount of FRN's involved, combine that with the unrealized hits, coming round the bend in commercial RE, combined with the 3 million nightmares engulfing the pertroleum 10/40 window, (especially the shaky Sa-udi Kingdom)....and lense that out via the relatively small size of the global silver market......should be $141. Guys here have been looking for a retracement since $25, bull markets always climb a wall of worry.

oh, i forgot to mention that Japan Inc, has shut down, and a now possess a molten spewing pile of nuke fuel for the unforseeable future, food and energy insufficent.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:17 pm

neilgin1 wrote:i dont understand. Why would anyone think that $41 silver is crazy high?......especially when you start counting QE2, the amount of FRN's involved, combine that with the unrealized hits, coming round the bend in commercial RE, combined with the 3 million nightmares engulfing the pertroleum 10/40 window, (especially the shaky Sa-udi Kingdom)....and lense that out via the relatively small size of the global silver market......should be $141. Guys here have been looking for a retracement since $25, bull markets always climb a wall of worry.

oh, i forgot to mention that Japan Inc, has shut down, and a now possess a molten spewing pile of nuke fuel for the unforseeable future, food and energy insufficent.

I like the way you think neilgin. You forgot about the strong banks of the fiscally fortified European Union. There's a shortage of buckets in Portugal from all the bail outs. :roll: With a market as small as silver, $41 is still cheap in the long run.

Good market wisdom has always been to never try to catch a falling knife. I see that JFF finds it as tempting to call mid-term tops as many like to try to call short-term bottoms in the stock market. I personally don't speculate that way, but true hedging is not a bad thing if it is used to lock in gains or prices.

I miss the days of buying junk at $10 x face :cry:
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:19 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Know Common Cents wrote:OK. OK. I admit to being surprised about silver's "so high-so fast" run. Now at $41, it seems to be defying gravity. Where's my crystal ball when I need it as I'd like to know what to expect one week or one month from now.

The run of 1980 is in no way comparable to this. That was the Hunt Bros, pure and simple, trying to corner the market.

This one is different.

Should you be apprehensive? Not about owning silver, I think. Especially if you've already largely bought in now. (And I don't think it's too late to buy in.) However, I think we should all be apprehensive, in general, as the trouble lurking behind all of this is certain to surface, and if so, it will get ugly. I don't think ugly for silver. But possibly ugly for life in general - even for those with solid silver hoards.

"It will get ugly." What I wouldn't give for a 100-acre farm surrounded by 100-acre farms of several other realcenters.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 pm

neilgin1 wrote:i dont understand. Why would anyone think that $41 silver is crazy high?......especially when you start counting QE2, the amount of FRN's involved, combine that with the unrealized hits, coming round the bend in commercial RE, combined with the 3 million nightmares engulfing the pertroleum 10/40 window, (especially the shaky Sa-udi Kingdom)....and lense that out via the relatively small size of the global silver market......should be $141. Guys here have been looking for a retracement since $25, bull markets always climb a wall of worry.

Neil, I agree. The purchasing power of the dollar has fallen considerably since silver prices reached their record highs thanks to the Hunt Brothers. An FRN of lesser value must buy less silver, especially as many more sovereign nations and individuals come to accept that fact. $41 silver is not high. Silver is still cheap. You can buy it with fake money. That said, I still wish there would be a deep correction so I could buy more.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:36 pm

When the market tanked all the money in the stock market rushed into US Treasuries, pushing up the value of the dollar and pushing down the price of silver. If we see a big big correction in Mid-May (Unions trying to crash the market, US Debt ceiling issues, Palistinian Floatilla #2 to stur up Israel) , we may see the money surge into Treasuries, and crash the silver price. Stay tuned.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Dvorak » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 pm

shinnosuke wrote:"It will get ugly." What I wouldn't give for a 100-acre farm surrounded by 100-acre farms of several other realcenters.

I'd take realcenters, GIMmers, survivalistboarders, arfcoms...
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby glass » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Wow 42 Tonite?
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 am

Added short @ 41.91. Starting to lay on some size.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aristobolus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 am

Amen
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 am

Already up .91 @ $41.88 in far east trading. Conventional wisdom says that New York trading will step on the neck of this rally as we've seen in the past. However, this feels a little panicy to me. If Europe and New York both join in the buying we might see our first multi dollar increase in Ag.
Last edited by theo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 am

41.96 now. I'm also wondering why this is happening while both gold and the dollar index are largely unmoved. Is the COMEX about to default on silver???
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby DeanStockwell » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:25 am

I'm thinking momentum buying and short covering. Something BIG is going to happen today. A big gap up, a big gap down, or a big reversal. :?
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:31 am

Dvorak wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:"It will get ugly." What I wouldn't give for a 100-acre farm surrounded by 100-acre farms of several other realcenters.

I'd take realcenters, GIMmers, survivalistboarders, arfcoms...

How do I find GIMmer, survivalistboarder online? I found arfcom...cool.

Thanks in advance.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby DeanStockwell » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:36 am

goldismoney.info
survalistboards.com
:mrgreen:
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$32-$33-$34-$35-$36-$37-$38-$39 NOW $40

Postby glass » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:39 am

Country wrote:
Country wrote:Nothing like a good celebration!!! $40 SILVER - the stuff of dreams...

Now comes the real fun - the EXPONENTIAL RISE!!! It's gonna take our breathe away.... :mrgreen:

THE EXPONENTIAL RISE HAS BEGUN BABY!!! :mrgreen:

TOO MANY FOLKS LOOKING FOR THE CORRECTION... LET'S RIDE THIS BULL MARKET TO ALL TIME HIGHS BY MAY!!!

I hope i didnt f/u when i didnt buy the peace's today at 35
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:43 am

a big correction wouldnt surprise me if for no other reason then man expect it. before terribly long we will see it rising many dollars a week imo. the dollar is being replaced as the global reserve currency. Our jobs arent coming back unless folks make it happen themselves, and to many just wont, they are waiting for others to do it for them.... Its the end of the american bubble. Its barely begun. how bad it gets depends on how folks relate to it.

42 dollar silver expensive? not in my eyes. im buying with both hands at whatever price it is the day I have free money.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 am

DeanStockwell wrote:goldismoney.info
survalistboards.com
:mrgreen:

Thanks, Dean. You da man.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals