SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$43, NOW $44+

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, NOW $41+

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 am

Buying FCX at open.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:08 am

Buy limit order exicuted at $53.05 for 100 shares @ 9:59
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:08 pm

68Camaro wrote:Well, if we're turning this into a broad investing thread, I guess I'm "short" the broad commodities market overall near-term, as I had some money parked for a short time in DJP (had to park it somewhere for 90 days as a rule of the 401K, had a limited choice of options, and I made a little on DJP, provided it doesn't tank today), and will be selling that off today to move it into a trading account, to use to buy a combination of other things at the right time, to include CEF, PSLV, and PHYS.

CEF is a great buy here - NO PREMIUM. Only rarely do you have the oppportunity to buy this ETF at NO PREMIUM. Won't last.... :o
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:47 am

Copied Rodie on the FCX, and wondering if I'm responsible for the opening uptick today... ;)

Buy x shares FCX 04/14/11 09:30 Filled at 52.1
Buy x shares CEF 04/14/11 09:30 Filled at 22.54
Buy x shares PSLV 04/14/11 09:30 Filled at 18.61
Buy x shares PHYS 04/14/11 09:30 Filled at 12.61
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Coppercrazy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:49 am

:geek: Okay guys,lets get back on track...Silver over 41 again in early trading...some pullback,barely dipped into 39.....whats next? Will we ever see 35 again?
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:50 am

$41+ SILVER REGAINED - $41.15

German finance minister publically says Greece will collapse. US jobless claims increase (QE3??). The move upward in SILVER has resumed!! :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

Coppercrazy wrote::geek: Okay guys,lets get back on track...Silver over 41 again in early trading...some pullback,barely dipped into 39.....whats next? Will we ever see 35 again?

Huh? You looking at the wrong day? It didn't dip to 39. It's up over 41 now.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 am

68Camaro wrote:
Coppercrazy wrote::geek: Okay guys,lets get back on track...Silver over 41 again in early trading...some pullback,barely dipped into 39.....whats next? Will we ever see 35 again?

Huh? You looking at the wrong day? It didn't dip to 39. It's up over 41 now.

Never mind - you mean over the past few days...
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:23 am

There is not only the general market pressure, potential shortages and commodity exchange games, but many of the overall trends in silver are tracking the drop in the dollar.

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=nybot_dx

It continues to bounce around, but dollar is now down below 74.8 and still dropping. 74.753 as I type this. Watch out if it drops below 72...
68Camaro

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 am

No way to know the entire truth about politics, finance, wars, etc., but with even a minimal understanding, people can figure out there's something terribly wrong with almost everything.

There's bound to be some profit taking along the way on a steep rise for silver and gold. I feel better now about the strength of the silver market than before its drop this week back to $40.

Funny. I have a friend who was complaining that silver had fallen to $40. I asked him if he thought he'd ever see $35-40 this year or ever after the 1980s. He said no. I asked him then if I told him one year ago that silver would be $40 would he be excited. He say most definitely. I added then why in the world was he complaining about $40. He grew silent for about 10 seconds and then said he'd stop. DUH!
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:56 am

Anybody closed out your SILVER short position and gone long?
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:03 pm

"68",
yeh i been watching that 72 area in the USD like a frigging hawk.

30 years in the business, i have never seen a bull market with so much potentcy as i'm seeing in silver, i am fully convinced of two things, a G/S ratio to 15-1, and silver at $125 an ounce, followed by a 10-1 G/S ratio and silver between $250 to 350.

the timing of all that?...i dunno, i'm a terrible market timer.

Hope your day is rewarding, neil

to country, dear friend, i'm heading to the coin shop to snag yet another roll of ASE's....IF they got 'em. Hope your day is going well, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:No way to know the entire truth about politics, finance, wars, etc., but with even a minimal understanding, people can figure out there's something terribly wrong with almost everything.

There's bound to be some profit taking along the way on a steep rise for silver and gold. I feel better now about the strength of the silver market than before its drop this week back to $40.

Funny. I have a friend who was complaining that silver had fallen to $40. I asked him if he thought he'd ever see $35-40 this year or ever after the 1980s. He said no. I asked him then if I told him one year ago that silver would be $40 would he be excited. He say most definitely. I added then why in the world was he complaining about $40. He grew silent for about 10 seconds and then said he'd stop. DUH!

Right. This happens each time we break new ground. If, you're not day-trading, which most of us aren't, and the fundamentals are there, keep things in perspective. It goes up, it goes down, but more up than down. For the moment and forseeable future.

Here's a list of silver sell signs I just rec'd, from Bix Weir, lemetropolecafe.com, in order of current importance:

He says "After a good majority [not just one, or a few] of these expectations are fulfilled I will seriously consider selling my entire stake in physical Silver."

1. The removal of the gigantic concentrated short position on the COMEX Silver market as reported in the CFTC Commitment of Traders and Bank Participation Reports.
2. The announcement of charges filed by both the CFTC and the FBI in the pending investigations of Silver market manipulation by JP Morgan.
3. The shutdown of the iShares Silver ETF (SLV) and the subsequent attempt by SLV investors to transfer into physical silver in their own possession.
4. The implementation of COMEX Position Limits in Silver of no more than 1,500 contracts and the enforcement of the Disruptive Trading Practices law.
5. The winding down of the outrageous and manipulative Silver derivative positions held by both JP Morgan and HSBC as reported by the Bank for International Settlements.
6. The mass redemption of paper Silver currently held in Pooled Silver Accounts and Silver Certificate Programs into physical silver held in the possession of the owner.
7. The Silver to Gold Price Ratio reflects the true physical relationship between above ground gold and above ground silver that is available for sale on a free and open market.
8. The realization by industrial users of silver that the supply of physical silver is rapidly depleting and with the future of producing their products in jeopardy they begin stockpiling physical silver.
9. The reversal of Silver's ever-increasing use in industrial applications due to either high prices or the discovery of a viable substitute with similar physical properties and attributes.
10. The realization by the remaining 99.9% of the investing public that does not currently own any physical that Silver is extremely undervalued and should be held by all investors interested in portfolio safety and value appreciation.
11. Acknowledgment by the Bullion Banks and US Government that they have been involved in the price suppression of Silver for over 50 years in order to support and extend the global confidence in un-backed fiat US Dollar.
12. All Silver statistical reporting companies have completely revised their historical numbers to reflect the true supply/demand realities of the past and admit to the massive annual physical silver deficit going forward.
13. The USGS alerts the world to the reality that at the REAL current Silver consumption rates there is less than 10 years of known below ground Silver reserves remaining in the world.
14. The realization by investors that significant increases in the price of Silver would not curtail industrial demand as silver is mostly used in very small amounts in each product produced.
15. The mainstream media highlights that the investment drivers for Silver far out weight the investment drivers for Gold.
16. The US Mint starts to produce US Silver Eagle coins "in quantities sufficient to meet demand" and no longer illegally rations their dwindling supply.
17. When investors stop saying that silver is "too hard to store" and start worrying that silver is "too valuable to leave in a bank's safe deposit box".
18. When Central Bankers around the world stop printing money every time there is a "bump in the road" on their never ending quest to foster perpetual growth and end the extraordinary transfer of wealth from "the many" to "the few".
19. The US Government and the Citizens of the United States recognize and acknowledge that Article I, Sec. 10 of the US Constitution specifies that only gold and silver coin can be legally used as money.
20. The price of silver has risen so high that it has fulfilled all my hopes and aspirations as an investor and I can now sit back and enjoy those other pleasures of life that I had put off in pursuit of FREEING THE SILVER MARKET FROM THE CLUTCHES OF MANIPULATION!
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Yeah, but how does Bix Weir really feel about silver?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, NOW $42+

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm

$42... :)
68Camaro

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:03 pm

I really like SLW here and have bought some of the Jan 13 options.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:I really like SLW here and have bought some of the Jan 13 options.

Probably a smart move. Short term, on a percentage basis, SLW has underperformed its peers the past two days and is overdue for a good day. Long term? Might be the closest thing to a "sure thing" in the stock market. Too bad about PAAS today, but Bolivia is making noises about rescinding the permits. Just about every other silver miner was up today. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Of course its up over $42. I sold 40 oz last night at $40. The demand is apparently strong for Ag, even at $40-42.

Five people were foaming at the mouth las night to buy it from me and the deal was concluded just 2 hrs, 15 minutes after posting in the for sale now section here. Then today, the local guy who called me yesterday on my craigslist ad called again wanting to buy it.

Well, in any case, I did sell some jerky to the silver buyer as well. Thank you highroller.

I'd post about the opportunity I needed $1600 for, but I'm not sure if I'd be banned.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Away for a bit but here just a few mins. New signal and short at 42.11
Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Boarding a plane now or would offer more detail. Thank you to all with such kind remarks here.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:29 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:Of course its up over $42. I sold 40 oz last night at $40. The demand is apparently strong for Ag, even at $40-42.

Five people were foaming at the mouth las night to buy it from me and the deal was concluded just 2 hrs, 15 minutes after posting in the for sale now section here. Then today, the local guy who called me yesterday on my craigslist ad called again wanting to buy it.

Well, in any case, I did sell some jerky to the silver buyer as well. Thank you highroller.

[b][b]I'd post about the opportunity I needed $1600 for, but I'm not sure if I'd be banned.[/b][/b]

Now you have to tell us
TXBullion

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm

TXBullion wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:Of course its up over $42. I sold 40 oz last night at $40. The demand is apparently strong for Ag, even at $40-42.

[b][b]I'd post about the opportunity I needed $1600 for, but I'm not sure if I'd be banned.[/b][/b]

Now you have to tell us
It was for a girl scout who really, really, really wanted to win the trip to Disneyland by selling a bunch of cookies. :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:07 pm

OK, since you asked. Please don't ban me, I like this forum a lot.

The opportunity is Elite Alliance. Their public website opened in January 2011.
Here is the link with the details: http://www.elitealliance.net/6E1879961FF4

If you need an invite code to get more info in the website, this should work:
6E1879961FF4

Apparently, they have a very good central computer program that does a great job with Forex trading and commodities. They are registered in Panama, with their operations center in Europe.

A person can join the "investment club" with no money and then choose to put in as little as $10, or invest up to a maximum of $25,000. No recruiting is required to fully benefit; but if you do recruit, you get credits in your account for 10% of what your recruits put in. So it is possible to earn money with no investment of your own, if you know some folks who are willing to give it a try.

Depending on the term contracts that are bought, the person can earn 11% per week, or 25% per 2 weeks, or 60% per four weeks, or 160% per 8 weeks.

Yes, all of us have seen programs similar to this one. They usually have a lifespan of around 18 months. This one is only 4 months old, so I'm thinking the risk is not too bad this early in the game.

If you want to give it a try, please verify that you joined with me as your referrer. My account name is "boatbucks", and account number is: # 8180.

My plan is to stay in just long enough to get out enough cash to buy a 40-foot sailboat and have a $75,000 cruising kitty to sail around the Pacific for 3 years. If both my girlfriend and I put $1600 into our accounts, we can do that in about 10 months, maybe less. I made a spreadsheet I'm glad to share with anyone interested. It calculates the potential profit timelines. Just PM me for it, or if you have any questions.

I came up with this risk assessment:

The program risk should be less earlier, than later.
The program risk should be more as the account value increases.
The program risk should be more as larger amounts are wanted to be withdrawn.
The world-risk of dollar hyper-inflation, stock market collapse, SHTF end-game.

Those four factors are probably the main risk elements for the next two years.

My goal is to get out $150,000 ASAP and still have $25,000 in the account working for me.

So it makes some sense to use the 8 or 4 week programs at the beginning, then switch to the 2 week program in the middle, or later in the game.

It also makes sense to keep the initial investment at risk early in the game, so the balance grows faster.
Last edited by IdahoCopper on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, WAS $41, NOW $42+

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Landed and added short @ 42.25
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, WAS $41, NOW $42+

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Doubled short position @ 42.37
Jonflyfish