THE LONG DRY SPELL - GENERATIONAL PERSPECTIVE

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: THE LONG DRY SPELL - GENERATIONAL PERSPECTIVE

Postby John Reich » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:11 am

It would be interesting to know how the 79-80 market would have played out had the Hunt brothers not been involved in the market. The 2003-2011 market felt more "natural" and sustainable. I thought that the events in Ukraine and in Greece would have reversed the downturn in pm's, but boy was I wrong! I can't even guess at what time and price the market will finally bottom, but I have picked some points at which I plan on buying at.
John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:12 am

The current market is no more natural than 79-80.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:58 am

John Reich wrote:It would be interesting to know how the 79-80 market would have played out had the Hunt brothers not been involved in the market. The 2003-2011 market felt more "natural" and sustainable. I thought that the events in Ukraine and in Greece would have reversed the downturn in pm's, but boy was I wrong! I can't even guess at what time and price the market will finally bottom, but I have picked some points at which I plan on buying at.

My major picked entry point is 850gold/12silver.. Then if I'm lucky I'll buy sideways or all the way to the bottom for ever how long it takes.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals