America the Beautiful Coins $500 profit

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: America the Beautiful Coins $500 profit

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 pm

barrytrot wrote:Could this be Jack Hunt's exist strategy? $3,000 x $949 = $2,835,000.

Because they are under $1,000 he can easily cash them in succession without hassle and without needing "manager approval".

Hm, I'm rethinking my position.

I think I'll go watch "Heat" and see what I think afterward :)

A scam for $2.8 million? I don't think you understand the scale at which these authorized purchaser from the US Mint deal in. Learn more here: http://www.usmint.gov/consumer/?action=americanEagles

Call the US Mint Monday and ask them questions if you doubt them.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:29 pm

inflationhawk wrote:
barrytrot wrote:Could this be Jack Hunt's exist strategy? $3,000 x $949 = $2,835,000.

Because they are under $1,000 he can easily cash them in succession without hassle and without needing "manager approval".

Hm, I'm rethinking my position.

I think I'll go watch "Heat" and see what I think afterward :)

A scam for $2.8 million? I don't think you understand the scale at which these authorized purchaser from the US Mint deal in. Learn more here: http://www.usmint.gov/consumer/?action=americanEagles

Call the US Mint Monday and ask them questions if you doubt them.

The qualification for the ATB coins is nothing more than buying 2,000 of them. That's not nearly as tough as the rules for the ASE's.

20,000 ounces x 25 = 500,000. Still a profit of 2,000,000.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:31 pm

There is a direct link from http://www.jackhunt.com to the http://www.jackhuntatb.com web site, answering concerns about the recent creation of the Jack Hunt America the Beautiful URL being just recently registered. There are no other Jack Hunt Coins Web sites except the one listed above. I believe that the no phone calls about this program is he is limited on his income and the demand will be too overwhelming to spend tons of time spending resources on the coins. I still believe this to be as legitimate as I did orignally. Anyone wanting to see if there is problems will most likely lose out on the deal.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 pm

In order to become an authorized dealer with the US Mint, the company needs to have a net worth of at least $50 million and a proven ability to deal in high volume.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:45 pm

inflationhawk wrote:In order to become an authorized dealer with the US Mint, the company needs to have a net worth of at least $50 million and a proven ability to deal in high volume.

Actually according to the document it is:

"The auditor will perform the audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and will express an opinion on the financial statements presented by the company attesting that the applying firm possesses tangible net worth of at least $10 million for the last three of its fiscal years."

But still, you are right. I stand corrected that 2 mil is probably not Jack's exist strategy.

However, if it is scammer, then their exist strategy could easily be this :)

Although I'm back on the side of "buying" again :)
barrytrot

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Here is a good resource for the (not entirely unreasonable) doubters on here to help you make up your own minds.

http://news.coinupdate.com/us-mint-esta ... tion-0572/

I am posting all this info to help out my new friends here at Realcent. I've taken quite an interest to this penny sorting business and have this site to thank for all that I've learned.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 pm

inflationhawk wrote:Here is a good resource for the (not entirely unreasonable) doubters on here to help you make up your own minds.

http://news.coinupdate.com/us-mint-esta ... tion-0572/

I am posting all this info to help out my new friends here at Realcent. I've taken quite an interest to this penny sorting business and have this site to thank for all that I've learned.

"Authorized Purchasers may charge to their customers a price no higher than ten percent above the price at which the Authorized Purchasers acquire 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins from the United States Mint. "

Ok, that would explain the hella-high shipping cost, the only way he can squeeze some legit profit out of it.

Man, I'm almost ready to go for a third coin :)

I'm a believer and definitely in for 2.
barrytrot

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 pm

I had always thought it was a minimum net worth of $50 million, but after looking into it more it is actually different levels depending on if you are trying to be an authorized purchaser for silver, gold or platinum. It is $10 million for silver, but $25 million for gold and $50 million for platinum. Good catch!
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:04 pm

inflationhawk wrote:I had always thought it was a minimum net worth of $50 million, but after looking into it more it is actually different levels depending on if you are trying to be an authorized purchaser for silver, gold or platinum. It is $10 million for silver, but $25 million for gold and $50 million for platinum. Good catch!

Do I smell the next "Realcent Group Mega Buy"? :)

All we need is to get together 10,000,000 and we can get our Eagles direct from the Mint :) That's got to be $1 or more under Monster box prices, right? :)
barrytrot

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm

The qualification requirements for a US mint dealer is not what drove me off this deal.

Nor is the integrity of Jack Hunt.

It's the weird terms. He might be just looking to deal with his established customers (and job the IRS with the cash payments).

Go get those coins. I'll probably be buying them from you at a premium.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:39 pm

MTB wanted a copy of your drivers license. Amark made you sign a special document claiming you were only attempting to buy one set from them and you had to provide your social security number. With Fidelitrade you had to send a check in without even knowing if you were going to get a set. The APs all have weird rules and can be a pain deal with, but they are legit and honest.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 pm

inflationhawk wrote:
Treetop wrote:yeah its probably legitimate, but I got nervous, im backing off..... :( i actually really wanted one of these sets to. the no phone calls gets to me. I mean Im holding a piece of paper that shows im supposed to send them 950 bucks. the price thing doesnt bother me because I seem to remember they were to charge some set percent over their costs, and silver has recently jumped. so that all makes sense. If they let me do a simple confirmation call at their brick and mortar shop Id pay 1050 happily.

You have 7 days to pay. Call them on Monday with your order number and confirm things and put your mind at rest. Who cares what they say about not calling. You are a customer.

My thoughts exactly. I will be calling monday to comfirm the info. If they wont take my call, screw them.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby LostCents » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm

OK, I just spent a whole bunch of time researching all of this, all looks good.
This is obviously a situation where they don't need to work hard or take any extra
financial loss to sell the coins. They want it to be as easy and cost effective for them
as possible. Hence, the odd procedure. I'm sure they are thinking that enough
people already know them and trust them and they don't need to jump through
the hoops of difficult customers.
Everything I checked shows this as good to go....so I'm in :)
As always...that's my own choice and I am not recommending this to anyone.
The obvious....make your own decision.
LostCents

Postby TXBullion » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Im in on this deal too so Ill look for posts and watch for posts. My MO is going out in the AM. Im shipping priority, hopefully I make it there in time!
TXBullion

Postby tn-dave » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but don't the credit card companies charge a percentage for each transaction (3% is the number I'm thinking). That would eat into his profit margin too. Might be another explanation for the money order only policy..
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:00 am

tn-dave wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but don't the credit card companies charge a percentage for each transaction (3% is the number I'm thinking). That would eat into his profit margin too. Might be another explanation for the money order only policy..

correct....but thats not my problem with the deal. My problem is why no personal checks? Let them clear then ship....I do :roll:

Cashing checks and not providing the service or merchandise.....thats big time fraud. MO are more like personalized FRN.

PS: I am not a lawyer, but I play one on TV.

Anyone out there with a good idea on the law care to comment.....CC maybe?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Treetop » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:15 am

i found the main site linked through tons of other coin sites and such. the main site links you off to the site and PO box made for this deal. even the money order thing over checks kinda makes sense when you look at the volume this place seems to deal in normally. Plus hes probably pissed he cant raise these in line with spot. with checks if it doesnt clear youve gotta start all over with the next buyer, and how do you select out of millions? Im back on board myself.... It seems good to me after a few hours cross referencing....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:16 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
tn-dave wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but don't the credit card companies charge a percentage for each transaction (3% is the number I'm thinking). That would eat into his profit margin too. Might be another explanation for the money order only policy..

correct....but thats not my problem with the deal. My problem is why no personal checks? Let them clear then ship....I do :roll:

Cashing checks and not providing the service or merchandise.....thats big time fraud. MO are more like personalized FRN.

He's just trying to run this deal with cash so he can show whatever he wants to the IRS.

Probabably a great deal. Let us know how it goes.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:27 am

I am in for one set today. may try to pick up another 2-4 tomorrow.

If you can swing it E, best get on board.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby jtlee321 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:54 am

I'm going to jump on this one. I have been wanting a set since they were first announced. I am not too concerned about the conditions set by Jack Hunt. He is trying to make as much money as possible on these anyway he can. He want's to avoid the processing fees from the CC companies and avoid the possibility of returned checks. Plus you have to make the Money Order out to Jack Hunt Coin Broker Inc.. It's not like your leaving it blank or making it out to some individual. Plus I just visited www.jackhunt.com and right on the front page is

"NOW AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE PURCHASE

SETS OF 2010 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ SILVER COINS

Visit www.JackHuntATB.com to Purchase

Please Note: We are unable to take Phone Calls regarding ATB Coin inquiries or orders."

That is all I need. I will order a second set. Great deal guys!!
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 am

Rodebaugh wrote:

Because they are REQUIRING mailing them a payment the if this is a scam they will have violated the age old "mail fraud" law. So they are in deep trouble.

*If they get caught :*

Mhahahaha.

That's the key. Don't get caught. Do something like stating "2 to 6 weeks to delivery" so you have plenty of time to move to Venezuela.
barrytrot

Postby surething » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks guys for the heads up I just ordered mine. Looks legit to me......
surething
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:31 am

surething wrote:Thanks guys for the heads up I just ordered mine. Looks legit to me......

what # were you.....aka this will be a gauge of how many are left.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby jtlee321 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 am

I ordered mine last night at around 11:30 PM Pacific Time and my order was #1269.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:48 am

jtlee321 wrote:I ordered mine last night at around 11:30 PM Pacific Time and my order was #1269.

Justin I was # 883 @ 6:30 eastern (3:30pm pacific)

so......that makes 386 orders in 8 hrs....or about 50/hour.

assuming a steady rate of sales....((3300-1269)/50))= 40 @ 11:30 pac.....or about 33 hours left from right now until they are all sold out.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals