SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$43, NOW $44+

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$39, WAS $40-$48, NOW $49+

Postby Market Harmony » Thu May 05, 2011 7:26 am

Market Harmony wrote:... As a trader, this is an easy bet to make. Go long gold and short silver...

Since posting this, the GSR has moved in favor of this trade. It is now 40:1. Had you understood my post and taken action, then you made a 25% gain in 4 days with VERY LITTLE RISK
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby brian0918 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:22 am

Market Harmony wrote:
Market Harmony wrote:... As a trader, this is an easy bet to make. Go long gold and short silver...

Since posting this, the GSR has moved in favor of this trade. It is now 40:1. Had you understood my post and taken action, then you made a 25% gain in 4 days with VERY LITTLE RISK

Very basic question: How does a regular person perform such trades? My only experience with stocks is through the ETF's I've purchased on Scottrade at $7 commissions. Am I able to do this sort of trade on Scottrade, and would I get charged $7 every time?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Market Harmony » Thu May 05, 2011 12:44 pm

You can do it through ETF's by shorting SLV, and going long GLD... that's the simple and most direct way. More complex methods can be taken which will increase/decrease your risk/return.

You will pay the trading commission X2... 2 buys, and 2 sells
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby inflationhawk » Thu May 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Can we change the name of this thread to

SILVER - WAS $31-$39, WAS $40-$48, WAS $49+, NOW $36-
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DeanStockwell » Thu May 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Market Harmony wrote:

Yeah, I saw your trade and got greedy waiting for a short term bump in silver prices to lower the G/S ratio back down. Nice call.
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby frugi » Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 am

dangit! Silver is starting to go up again. I want it to go lower! :-(

Yippee! Silver is starting to go up again. I hope it goes to the moon! :-)
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri May 06, 2011 10:09 am

frugi wrote:dangit! Silver is starting to go up again. I want it to go lower! :-(

:lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri May 06, 2011 10:49 am

frugi wrote:dangit! Silver is starting to go up again. I want it to go lower! :-(

And thus the split personality in all of us is expressed deftly and succintly. :)
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby twentybux » Fri May 06, 2011 1:50 pm

shinnosuke wrote:

And thus the split personality in all of us is expressed deftly and succintly. :)

What? Are you talking to me or are you talking to the other me? :lol:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$39, WAS $40-$49, NOW $36+

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 am

Hate to jinx this, but maybe we can reset this back to 37 now, and climbing. They'll try another smackdown, but I wonder how much steam they'll be able to muster if it comes back this strong again?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon May 09, 2011 5:53 am

Market Harmony wrote:

Nice call. I usually don't understand such market conditions. Thanks for pointing this out! 8-)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$39, WAS $40-$49, NOW $36+

Postby beauanderos » Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 am

68Camaro wrote:Hate to jinx this, but maybe we can reset this back to 37 now, and climbing. They'll try another smackdown, but I wonder how much steam they'll be able to muster if it comes back this strong again?

They don't care if it comes back strong again. They may even assist it, again, with some short-covering. What they DO want is for it to come back, but more slowly this time... to about the same levels as where they crushed it. They have moved the new Maginot Line to $50. There they will battle it again, and push it back again, as far as they can. They want to instill in the public's subliminal conscious that $50 is an unbreachable obstacle. They will keep doing this until an unstoppable surge of buying finally pushes well past $50. Perhaps that will happen as sourcing silver in large quantities becomes even more difficult than it is now.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$36, NOW $37+

Postby 68Camaro » Tue May 10, 2011 5:12 am

Back past 38 early this morning... Going back up faster than I expected. A crystal ball would be nice - would like to know how long to hold the ETFs before they try to crush it again. Last week was a perfect storm for them. Not sure how easy it'll be for da boyz to pull off another 30% drop.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$37, NOW $38+

Postby Country » Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 pm

SILVER moving higher this evening. Now above $39 again. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$37, NOW $38+

Postby henrysmedford » Tue May 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Country wrote:SILVER moving higher this evening. Now above $39 again. :mrgreen:

Is the "Bid" "Ask" spread larger than normal?
bid.jpg
bid.jpg (44.84 KiB) Viewed 797 times

Also I love this title "A Bottom for Gold and Silver? Or a Dead Cat Bounce?" http://seekingalpha.com/article/269156-a-bottom-for-gold-and-silver-or-a-dead-cat-bounce
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$38, NOW $39+

Postby 68Camaro » Wed May 11, 2011 4:39 am

There have been some rather large bid/ask spreads. Which contributes to the rapid changes we've been seeing.
68Camaro

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 11, 2011 6:58 am

68Camaro wrote:There have been some rather large bid/ask spreads. Which contributes to the rapid changes we've been seeing.

Never do business with bucket shops. Comex spreads for silver are typically from 0-1 1/2 cents. My OTC spot dealer quotes between .02-.05 depending on hrs of liquidity.

Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed May 11, 2011 7:02 am

The crush has started again, right on time. It's amazing. Certainly some people have the time/info/resources to be able to take advantage of it.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 am

time to move some paper?

stop losses are going to be triggered for sure unless adjustments are made. well maybe not
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Wed May 11, 2011 11:21 am

Looks like a concerted and coordinated trading bot effort to drive price below 30 today.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Wed May 11, 2011 11:25 am

Good grief - there could hardly be more tangible evidence than that the trading market is being manipulated... Interesting, while PSLV is reacting to it, not quite as strongly (yet). Wonder if/when people will get tired of this?
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Wed May 11, 2011 11:59 am

68Camaro wrote:Good grief - there could hardly be more tangible evidence than that the trading market is being manipulated... Interesting, while PSLV is reacting to it, not quite as strongly (yet). Wonder if/when people will get tired of this?

One thing, the most important, is there is very little physical out there to buy. Who wants to sell for a loss?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby tn-dave » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

68Camaro wrote:Good grief - there could hardly be more tangible evidence than that the trading market is being manipulated... Interesting, while PSLV is reacting to it, not quite as strongly (yet). Wonder if/when people will get tired of this?

I wasn't expecting this today -- really thought we would creep back up to around $40 by the weekend. Buy on the dip..!! ;)
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 11, 2011 12:50 pm

The price is very transparent and able to trade so I don't know how this is tangible evidence of manipulation. Liquidity is deep and the price transitions are very smooth.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 11, 2011 12:58 pm

slickeast wrote:

One thing, the most important, is there is very little physical out there to buy. Who wants to sell for a loss?

The market does not care what people want. The price is whatever someone is willing to pay- especially for a commodity.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals