Silver @ 27 & a half....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver @ 27 & a half....

Postby Country » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Absolutely!! If you liked SILVER when it was much higher, you've got to be salivating now. :mrgreen: FWIW, I've been nibbling in the paper PM market the past few days.

The SILVER price move to $50 began from $25 on this move higher. The entire move for the uptrend has been more or less wiped out. In addition, the flash crash to $26 appears to have held too. IMHO, base building needs to occur now to heal some of the massive technical damage that has been made before another upward move can begin in earnest. Fear, despondence, and capitualization characterize bottoms. Moves in SILVER can be very violent as we all have seen, but sometimes you have the courage of your convinction that PMs are where you want to be for a significant part of your wealth.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Par head » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Guys,
Just a quik shout out to say thanks for this post. As stated earlier, keep the info coming.....this NOOB is enjoying the education......even though you guys have lost me on a couple of occasions.

Thank you
Par head

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 pm

one day left in the year. if you know what "painting the tape" means, then you might want to sit on the sidelines a day longer, lol.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:52 pm

LT, are you saying that they painted the tape today (pumped up stock prices) and that they are gonna sell tomorrow to cash in and get their profits on the books for the end of the year statements?

I have been suspecting the unexpected lately. I think the market is too high right now and anything over 12K is NOT justified. Therefore, I fully expect tomorrow to end in the green. But if thinks pop upward in the A.M. I plan to bail out on everything and wait for a dip in January.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:51 pm

NHsorter wrote:LT, are you saying that they painted the tape today (pumped up stock prices) and that they are gonna sell tomorrow to cash in and get their profits on the books for the end of the year statements?

I have been suspecting the unexpected lately. I think the market is too high right now and anything over 12K is NOT justified. Therefore, I fully expect tomorrow to end in the green. But if thinks pop upward in the A.M. I plan to bail out on everything and wait for a dip in January.

I would assume most companies/stocks/funds/whatever just list "market value" on any held assets. So, the impact of this activity is probably marginal at best. And, the impact of selling a stock vs. holding it is quite high tax-implications-wise, so that would give an incentive to hold unless there was another business case for selling.

Just take any stock and look at the close on the 29th and the close on the 31st. I picked one that DEFINITELY has gains year-over-year to show that the practice above apparently isn't too prevalent:

Apple (AAPL):

Dec 29, 2010: 325.29
Dec 31, 2010: 322.56 (drop of less than 1%. Wow!)

Dec 29, 2009: 209.10
Dec 31, 2009: 210.73 (GAIN of less than 1%. Wow!)

As you can see in Apple a stock well known to have TREMENDOUS gains in each of the last 2 years there is virtually no evidence of the activity mentioned above occurring. Or at least of the activity mentioned above having any significance.

NOTE: I was so confident that the effect mentioned above was irrelevant that I wrote my commentary before even looking up the prices. Not bragging, just saying that the well known truism: anything common knowledge is known by all the smart guys and they will use that information to take money from the dumb guys. In many cases by bucking the trend rather than obeying it. And then, in others by obeying rather than bucking.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SteelCityCopper » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:57 am

Jonflyfish wrote:
theo wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:
Hi LT. Thanks again for the kind reply. Your excellent post deserves a lengthy reply. However, I'll have to be brief for now.
The exchange does not require the contracts to be fully backed by physical becasue the futures market was not designed to be a procurement vehicle. Not only that but it would rarely make sense to use it as such. It is costly to exercise this transaction through the exchange and there are a lot of restrictions and terms that you must agree to. It is far costlier than closing out a position financially and arranging to make a purchase via your favorite large dealer. Also, only a few transactions would even qualify to take delivery. If you used the futures market as a hedge, there isn't any reason, also, if you were a spec short it would make no sense. So, there is already a large number of transactions that get removed from even considering delivery.

If you were a spec long and the price went up, what is the benefit of using the costly exchange brokered delivery assignment/matching at the maturity date? Let's say you are speculating that prices rise. You post your margin and go long some contracts. It rises. Now you decided that you no longer want to trade financial products with a certain % of your capital and want physical. You must make sure that you have 100% of the purchase value in your account. What have you gained by going through the costly exchange transaction instead of elsewhere and why would you want to take delivery now instead of when the metal was cheaper? If you are long contracts and the price goes up your account is reflected mark to market at each settlement. There is nothing generally speaking that makes purchasing physical silver at the time a contract matures more beneficial than not. I know one can come up with any number of reasons to answer the above questions in a way that makes sense to take delivery and rarely that happens but on the whole, there are a lot of costly restrictive reasons NOT to take delivery along with determining why to do so at that point in time vs any other. You don't get the metal cheaper via the exchange. It is a costlier transaction. With the contracts you are not buying below the market even though you may have gone long several points below the current market. That difference is already financially credited to your account daily on a mark to market basis.

As far as risks go- the exchange is there to match buyers and sellers. It is a liquid auction. Do crooks jump in the ring from time to time and make headlines? Of course and usually some new rules are established to prevent whatever crime from taking place again, or at least making it more difficult.

Is buying physical always a safe risk free bet? Are there physical thieves just the same as there are financial thieves and do you always get what you paid for? Is entering a business venture with your neighbor or relative safe?

I will not argue that your points are not valid. They are! You are savy and sharp.
There is risk in practically anything we do as humans. The presence of risk may stop some folks from checking the mailbox while others will line up for a chance to take a spacecraft to the moon.

Cheers!

I understand that the futures market is an inefficient mechanism for trading physical metal, but shouldn't every participant be confident that they could obtain the physical asset IF THEY WANTED.

There is a contradiction in what I'm hearing from you. How can a market that is not sufficiently backed by the physical metal post a price that accurately reflects the supply and demand for that same physical metal?

Actually the futures market is very efficient as a central pricing mechanism. The market is very liquid and you can transact in milliseconds. How do you suppose PM dealers price their bullion? Call a large dealer .i.e. Tulvng or Apmex and tell them you would like to sell to them. Ask them what the quote is and how they determined that price. COMEX.

To the other point, COMEX is not a procurement conduit for physical metal. It is not designed to be a physical marketplace futures are derivatives (derived from the underlying). Transaction costs and terms generally make no sense to look at COMEX for physical metal. I only speak from experience. People trading on the exchange are risking many thousands and millions, not a few rolls of junk here and there so they must understand a few of these points instead of surmising what they think the exchange should be but isn't nor was it intended.

Cheers!

Cheers!

I think one of Theo's questions here is key and was not addressed "... shouldn't every participant be confident that they could obtain the physical asset IF THEY WANTED?" I get the fact that the exchange does not require the contracts to be fully backed by physical because the futures market was not designed to be a procurement vehicle (to quote JFF), however, it seems like they should back it or they shouldn't... everything else appears as though the exchange is trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes. I have a hard time believing that everyone in the futures market fully understands that their contracts are partially backed (or that this has been appropriately communicated). The fact that the first folks in line get served soup and the others don't has many on edge (including folks here) and casts doubt and worry about the exchange. This is a primary reason we stack vs investing too much in paper markets. I know there are other reasons ;) Some of us just feel safer with a silver brick under our pillows at night... not the most comfortable by the way :lol: However, as JFF has said, live in the now and you can profit from it because the system works... for now.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby aristobolus » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:25 am

Jonflyfish wrote:I sincerely hope everyone has hedged their positions long ago.

Cheers!

Jon Fly Fish Rocks! He called it months ago! Dollar up for a time, but what's next?
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:01 am

SteelCityCopper wrote:
I think one of Theo's questions here is key and was not addressed "... shouldn't every participant be confident that they could obtain the physical asset IF THEY WANTED?" I get the fact that the exchange does not require the contracts to be fully backed by physical because the futures market was not designed to be a procurement vehicle (to quote JFF), however, it seems like they should back it or they shouldn't... everything else appears as though the exchange is trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes. I have a hard time believing that everyone in the futures market fully understands that their contracts are partially backed (or that this has been appropriately communicated). The fact that the first folks in line get served soup and the others don't has many on edge (including folks here) and casts doubt and worry about the exchange. This is a primary reason we stack vs investing too much in paper markets. I know there are other reasons ;) Some of us just feel safer with a silver brick under our pillows at night... not the most comfortable by the way :lol: However, as JFF has said, live in the now and you can profit from it because the system works... for now.

My apologies if I did not address any questions.
Just as a quick disclaimer, I am not the legal rep for any clearinghouse or clearinghouse member of any participating exchange.
The purpose of the exchange is to match buyers and sellers. It is not a physical procurement warehouse. Derivatives are inherently "derived" from an underlying commodity. They are not the actual commodity. The primary use is for financial hedging against physical (production or consumption) or for speculative purposes. What seems to you that the exchange should or shouldn't back the transactions....all transactions ARE guaranteed and backed by the exchange as the ultimate counterparty. There has never been any default for customers to be made whole. Having said that, if you as a member are supposed to provide me with good delivery bars and don't, you are in default. Does that mean that the clearinghouse has a magical stockpile of bars to ship me, in the event of your nonperformance? Nope. But they will make the financial guarantee to make me whole. For this reason some members don't allow for delivery becasue the exchange is a zero sum game. Let's say you are a customer with XYZ clearing member. XYZ is responsible to the clearinghouse to make that delivery or be in default. That means they will want to be assured that you deliver good bars to XYZ who then has to deliver to me via the clearinghouse. Many such XYZ firms will not take that risk with you becasue what you post as collateral in your account is financial, not physical. Again, this is just part of the reason why the exchange is a marketplace, not a procurement center. However, unlike most two party transactions that take place privately elsewhere, the exchange does eliminate that counterparty risk.

Consider even smaller "exchanges" i.e. Nucleo (which is not registered with the NFA or CFTC) where you are the clearinghouse member, which is one layer less than you being a customer with a member (COMEX). Nucleo IS designed to be a physical only exchange to match buyers and sellers. What happens if two members contract but the selling party defaults? Does Nucleo offer the purchasing member physical good delivery product from a magical inventory somewhere? Nope. But you can still be made whole financially for the difference just the same.

Even simpler. What if you Send Bob's Coin Shop on 123 Elm street $150,000 for a special order of "cheaper than the other guys if you can be patient for a few days before I can get them in" bars that you were going to sleep with under your pillow but Bob never delivers and skips town? You have nothing between you and Bob to make you whole, with the exception that you hire Dawg the bounty hunter to do a skip trace, find Bob (at the crackhouse where he spent your money), then have him served with court papers for your legal claim.

As for what you think the exchage appears to be doing and what you think people understand about what they are doing with their finances with whatever you feel has or hasn't been properly communicated, I have no answer. It is your opinion. Having said that, the exchange has full transparent disclosures of rules and proceedures for among other things, delivery, which are made available whenever you open an account with a clearing member firm. Non of that is hidden. It is on the clearinghouse website as well.

Any doubt or worry about the exchange as a clearinghouse is also just an opinion. It is a marketplace where buys and sellers set the price. Anyone is free to feel what they want. I obviously couldn't nor wouldn't want to change that. It is still where the large commercial hedging and spec transactions take place regardless. When you talk about some getting soup and others not, everyone from the clearinghouse has always been fed but if you deal with Bob's Coin Shop, there is a much higher risk that only Bob gets to eat and you are left out on the street.

I hope the question was answered. Your personal opinions are yours, just like mine are mine. Hopefully none of this is taken as "financial vs physical...to be or not to be". That was never my intention. Just for the record- I like both. Make a lot of financial...buy a lot of physical.

Cheers!
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:04 am

aristobolus wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:I sincerely hope everyone has hedged their positions long ago.

Cheers!

Jon Fly Fish Rocks! He called it months ago! Dollar up for a time, but what's next?

Thank you for the compliment. You are too kind.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SteelCityCopper » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Thank you for the in-depth response. It’s more than I expected and appreciate it. No need to apologize for not addressing the question man. It’s just a topic I’ve seen posted here and there quite often and was interested in your take on it. One of your statements I still have a question about though…

Jonflyfish wrote:Having said that, if you as a member are supposed to provide me with good delivery bars and don't, you are in default. Does that mean that the clearinghouse has a magical stockpile of bars to ship me, in the event of your nonperformance? Nope. But they will make the financial guarantee to make me whole.

So if they make the guarantee that they will make you or I whole by covering the difference financially (in the absence of physical) and all participants know this, then why are so many worried about a shortage of physical in inventory and being able to satisfy a run on demand for physical? SHOULD anyone be concerned about inventory levels at all?
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:48 pm

SteelCityCopper wrote:Thank you for the in-depth response. It’s more than I expected and appreciate it. No need to apologize for not addressing the question man. It’s just a topic I’ve seen posted here and there quite often and was interested in your take on it. One of your statements I still have a question about though…

Jonflyfish wrote:Having said that, if you as a member are supposed to provide me with good delivery bars and don't, you are in default. Does that mean that the clearinghouse has a magical stockpile of bars to ship me, in the event of your nonperformance? Nope. But they will make the financial guarantee to make me whole.

So if they make the guarantee that they will make you or I whole by covering the difference financially (in the absence of physical) and all participants know this, then why are so many worried about a shortage of physical in inventory and being able to satisfy a run on demand for physical? SHOULD anyone be concerned about inventory levels at all?

Thank you for the kind reply. I don't know who you are referring to when you say that the participants are concerned. Certainly not anyone actually trading there with enough fear or they wouldn't. It seems to me that the folks most concerned about the exchange mechanisms are those who don't generally don't have working knowledge, sufficient capital or exposure to hedge there, just a few rolls of 64's or ASE's. It amazes me how much they have to pontificate and blow steam about. I get it though.

Our society has morphed into self praise when one benefits and blaming others ( I dunno JPM, rigged manipulated market by some enigmatic fictional string puller or George Bush if nothing else) and justifying victimization when not. There is no more accountability these days. Just 1%er thieves and 99% do gooder victims. I suppose if there could be any reason for anyone to worry about something they will. One can usually find stories to make them feel good about their actions regardless of the polarized choices to be made.There are many folks who suffer from narcissistic neuroticism. But I digress. There isn't a more secure clearinghouse with the size and scope. Perhaps thats why it exists.

Perhaps this is why the largest minors and dealers layoff their risk exposure with futures. Also, let's be clear about where realtime physical quotes come from i.e Kitco, Apmex, Tulving et al. If they didn't piggyback off of the exchanges where the volume and liquidity is, (did I mention hedge their exposure? LOL) then what do they do? Imagine a fragmented disorganized non-liquid quote from a dealer who has no idea what the fungible commodity is trading at elsewhere. This is also why there is no disconnect between physical and financial quotes that I often read so many incorrectly assume exists. Prompt and spot continue to converge at maturity. If someone believes that a single ASE trading at spot + $10 is representative of the physical weighted average price (and chooses to ignore the London noon fix and comex prompt settle) then please contact me. I'll gladly become the dealer with the industry's largest margin.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 pm

why argue with you Jon?....you're always right. i'm NOT being sarcastic either, i'm just obeying the 'law' of the noted sociologist W.I. Thomas, "the Thomas Theorem": "It is not important whether or not the interpretation is correct-- if men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences."

time is short, why argue, but if you doubt the premium is stretched, offer one roll of ASES at 740 BIN on Ebay, and tell us how long till you get hit.

the time is more short than we even realize. i would suggest any preppers here put pedal to the metal, thats not "doom", nor am i personally curling up into a "fetal position", or wracked, paralyzed with fear, just try and accelerate for the day of the new paradigm, but you're right Jon. btw, truly, i did find it impressive that Southwest tapped you to design their fuel procurement models, Ole Herb has always been a favorite of mine, all the best mate.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 pm

neilgin1 wrote:why argue with you Jon?....you're always right. i'm NOT being sarcastic either, i'm just obeying the 'law' of the noted sociologist W.I. Thomas, "the Thomas Theorem": "It is not important whether or not the interpretation is correct-- if men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences."

time is short, why argue, but if you doubt the premium is stretched, offer one roll of ASES at 740 BIN on Ebay, and tell us how long till you get hit.

the time is more short than we even realize. i would suggest any preppers here put pedal to the metal, thats not "doom", nor am i personally curling up into a "fetal position", or wracked, paralyzed with fear, just try and accelerate for the day of the new paradigm, but you're right Jon. btw, truly, i did find it impressive that Southwest tapped you to design their fuel procurement models, Ole Herb has always been a favorite of mine, all the best mate.

Thank you for the kind remarks. Herb will forever be a legend. Mr Kelly, Mr Topping and his team were all a pleasure to serve. SWA (LUV) was one of the more pleasant clients to work with for sure.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:22 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

I certainly agree for those that realize the precarious nature of many things we face its time to put the petal to the metal and prepare. It has been for a decade imo. I feel we are a waning empire in many ways, all while trying to keep up the charade which only makes it worse...

For me though there are to many variables to gauge, the bottom could fall out of many areas pretty fast depending on certain things. Most likely though I think we have a few years of rather counter intuitive moves as we face our dilemmas. There wont necessarily be a full fall either, that really depends on how we all react to the coming changes and hardships, or if some new industry is suddenly born perhaps. Lots and lots of wild cards in an age that moves so fast.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby camtender » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Interestingly Southwest doesn't use many exchange traded NYMEX contracts. The hedging is done primarily with OTC fixed for float swaps and OTC strips and collars. I only know this because I spent the majority of my summer 2009 updating and implementing their model. The other carriers have largely been unable to hedge because they are not good counter parties. Unlike Southwest that maintains $1 on deposit for every $1 hedged, the other carriers are cash poor and can't compete with the "no frills" approach of being a fuel hedging consumer that happens to fly planes.
I suspect most people don't appreciate lower airfare due to hedging, let alone the lack of hidden fees i.e. no baggage fees.
I wonder if someone will do the same to beat out traditional bullion dealers....... ;)
!

That's interesting Jon. Since the current Director of Internal Audit @ Southwest is one of my former managers (while I worked for one of the Big 4 in Dallas), I will be sure and alert them to you disclosures of a publicly traded company information on a public forum.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rosco » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:58 pm

camtender wrote:
That's interesting Jon. Since the current Director of Internal Audit @ Southwest is one of my former managers (while I worked for one of the Big 4 in Dallas), I will be sure and alert them to you disclosures of a publicly traded company information on a public forum.

I think all that is recognized as the SW mode of business Generalizations about 3 years ago don't seam Proprietary to me but then I not a EX Big Wig Accountant.

If JFF was in Error a PM would be much more Polite 8-)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:01 pm

camtender wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Interestingly Southwest doesn't use many exchange traded NYMEX contracts. The hedging is done primarily with OTC fixed for float swaps and OTC strips and collars. I only know this because I spent the majority of my summer 2009 updating and implementing their model. The other carriers have largely been unable to hedge because they are not good counter parties. Unlike Southwest that maintains $1 on deposit for every $1 hedged, the other carriers are cash poor and can't compete with the "no frills" approach of being a fuel hedging consumer that happens to fly planes.
I suspect most people don't appreciate lower airfare due to hedging, let alone the lack of hidden fees i.e. no baggage fees.
I wonder if someone will do the same to beat out traditional bullion dealers....... ;)
!

That conversation will be hilarious. You will say, "hey this guy posted some vague common knowledge on a forum." The director will say, "who are you and how did you get this number." [click]

Ok, not hilarious, but somewhat funny.
barrytrot

Postby camtender » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:05 pm

barrytrot wrote:
That conversation will be hilarious. You will say, "hey this guy posted some vague common knowledge on a forum." The director will say, "who are you and how did you get this number." [click]

Ok, not hilarious, but somewhat funny.

Unless....................
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:37 pm

camtender wrote:
!

WOW, hopefully you realize that you were just in a pissing match with a complete stranger on the internet, and regardless of how you perceive the outcome, it's not worth attempting to cost someone their livelihood. Nice edit on the post above this by the way.

I will take your threat to be real, and will be all the more reluctant to post here and elsewhere as the days click forward. I'm sure others will as well. Thanks for making this, one of the last places where LIBERTY was both cherished and advanced, a little less so.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby camtender » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:55 pm

JJM wrote:
camtender wrote:
!

WOW, hopefully you realize that you were just in a pissing match with a complete stranger on the internet, and regardless of how you perceive the outcome, it's not worth attempting to cost someone their livelihood. Nice edit on the post above this by the way.

I will take your threat to be real, and will be all the more reluctant to post here and elsewhere as the days click forward. I'm sure others will as well. Thanks for making this, one of the last places where LIBERTY was both cherished and advanced, a little less so.

Anytime you work or engage with a publicly held company, you have a fiduciary duty for non-disclosure of certain matters. It took my post for you to realize this, Wow? What does protecting stakeholders of a company have to do with liberty? Would SWA's methodology on energy hedging not be an intangible asset protected under liberty for stakeholder benefit? What if I am a shareholder of SWA - does your statement of liberty make sense?
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby bigjohn56 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:22 pm

My thought would be that everything in Jonflyfish's post is common knowledge among everyone in that industry. I would be interested to know what aspect of the post would be considered by anyone to be material nonpublic information. There is virtually no detail at all in the post. In fact it would be hard to envision how they could possibly be hedging that risk any other way, given that they disclose in their annual report that most of their hedging activity is not exchange related.
bigjohn56
Penny Sorter Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:44 pm

It seems to me that forum posts are similar to ebay bids. Once ego becomes involved, the cost of the outcome is out of proportion to the value of the listing. When "bids" are placed in an effort to determine who is most knowledgeable (but that might be perceived by the recipient as denigratory and adversarial) then karmic responses will ensue. Seems as if some alpha males want to be King of the Mountain on various realcent threads, but since no one even knows what each others breeding REALLY is, is it worth the price of belittling others to determine omniscience? Is it any surprise some members leave? We are all strangers here... some stranger than others.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby JJM » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:50 pm

camtender wrote:Anytime you work or engage with a publicly held company, you have a fiduciary duty for non-disclosure of certain matters. It took my post for you to realize this, Wow? What does protecting stakeholders of a company have to do with liberty? Would SWA's methodology on energy hedging not be an intangible asset protected under liberty for stakeholder benefit? What if I am a shareholder of SWA - does your statement of liberty make sense?

I could care less about fiduciary duties of publicly held companies. I could care less if you hold them. If you do hold them, I basically consider you a fool.

I could also care less about SWA. I gave up over 50K in FF miles BEFORE the jack booted TSA thugs were at the door, I have even less desire to fly now.

None of this means a hill of beans in the big picture. The bottom line, you got your a$$ handed to you, and you're acting like a little beeeeyatch going after somebody's livelihood.

The fact that there isn't a swarm of posters in here reading you the riot act means I'm probably about to have a Ponce like epiphany and realize the political climate in here is no longer to my liking.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:54 pm

+1 to JJM.

Well put.
barrytrot

Postby camtender » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:57 pm

JJM wrote:
I could care less................... I could care less....................... consider you a fool..........................

I could also care less.................. I gave up.................. I have even less desire.........................

None of this means................... .

no longer to my liking.................
camtender
Penny Collector Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals