Silver prices dropping

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver prices dropping

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Good to see an expert at work at this. Meanwhile i just (mostly) plod along. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Scaled out more at $34.70
Not sure if this is the best place to be posting. May just revert to my blog.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 pm

68Camaro wrote:Good to see an expert at work at this. Meanwhile i just (mostly) plod along. :)

Thank you for the overly kind compliment.
However, I'm just a front line grunt in the trenches :lol:

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Scaled out more at $34.70

Cheers!

Jon... I'd be interested in reading your blog. Care to share the URL? Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Scaled out more at $34.70

Cheers!

Jon... I'd be interested in reading your blog. Care to share the URL? Image

Sure. It's not developed at this time but was just feeling like posting various trades etc here was hogging the board.
The URL where I'll be posting at some point is silvertradingblog.com
Will drop a note here when posting there will become active.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Final financial allocation set to liquidate on a pop above $35 then will re-establish at new levels.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Final financial allocation set to liquidate on a pop above $35 then will re-establish at new levels.

sounds like a good plan if "new levels" provide a better entry point. Wait a second here folks.....JFF is calling for a pullback! Sell!
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Final financial allocation set to liquidate on a pop above $35 then will re-establish at new levels.

sounds like a good plan if "new levels" provide a better entry point. Wait a second here folks.....JFF is calling for a pullback! Sell!

I would never sell at these prices unless I lost my J-O-B and needed the funds. The day is coming when we will all stroll down Nostalgia Lane and remember how we could buy real metal with fake money. I will watch the market for dips but not sell.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:28 pm

My only friend who invests in silver told me yesterday that he wouldn't be surprised if, in the not-too-distant future, gains will be in the couple of dollars-a-day increments, particularly when folks realize what inflation is becoming. He's kicking himself as last Nov. at a coin show he turned down buying 200 Peace/Morgans at $17. I still don't think the general public is quite aware.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 pm

The day is coming when we will all stroll down Nostalgia Lane and remember how we could buy real metal with fake money.

LOL, that say is closer than you think.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Not prognosticating anything about the unknowable future. Just a front line grunt trading in the trenches and taking some gains that have kindly presented themselves.
Otherwise, Investments are in a physical position. I'm assuming that is what most people are thinking about and why it probably doesn't make any sense to post trades here.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Not prognosticating anything about the unknowable future. Just a front line grunt trading in the trenches and taking some gains that have kindly presented themselves.
Otherwise, Investments are in a physical position. I'm assuming that is what most people are thinking about and why it probably doesn't make any sense to post trades here.
Cheers!

Cashing in on paper.....I know ;)

As for physical....I am selling a good bit but buying just a little bit more.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 am

Done at 35.3460
*correction- 35.2460....apologies for the iPhone fat finger!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals