Lost interest?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Lost interest?

Postby Bigjohn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 pm

There is a reason we are all on a PM site, we all share the same interest. Buy PMs first and, if you have a few bucks left that you want to gamble with to play in the crypto space, so be it. You wouldn’t borrow against 401k to buy crypto so you shouldn’t skip on your metal buying plan to buy it.
Open a coinbase account and both of us will get $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec
Bigjohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:57 pm

I heard a few days ago where Peter Schiff was guesstimating that approximately 50% of Bitcoin holders are under water. And that was before the big decline of the past few days. Someone else who tracks searches on Google says the number of Bitcoin searches is way down over the past month or so.

I hope that those who are still in are in with speculative money, but fear that for many that is not the case.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:04 am

Even with the big drop recently, I'm at 55% over what remains of my own money in play. I won't cash out unless it drops to where my own money is decreasing. Profits are a want, not a need.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:46 pm

RealCent started around metal copper. Copper is the common basis we begin with. There are other related and unrelated topics covered, it let's me know as Dickens put it, "to think of people . . . as if they really were fellow-passengers" on this adventure called life.

Gold is the best wealth holder, silver is good medium for holding wealth and is also a good trade medium. Copper would be an excellent trade medium, nickel is nearly as good.

Most appear to have a goal to grow wealth through the best means available. Metals, paper and now electronic are tools some use, but I choose not to partake in the bit coin type tools. I may be wrong, and I wish anyone well who does great, or even good.

Thanks to all for the continued support, respect and a place to voice my crazy ideas.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby everything » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:28 am

I view cryptocurrency, a worldwide phenomonen as wealth distribution, if you've got some extra they put it in, where she goes nobody knows. The fees got to me, I cashed my accounts out, I may get back in but I doubt it. It was interesting when paypal and all CC companies said no more using your CC to fund your crypto. I wonder if people were gaming it, like maxing the CC taking the 1 or 2% the CC gives you, then selling the crypto paying back the CC then rinse/repeat. That is my only guess why that occurred.

Still buying silver, losing some interest, my favorite LCS was giving me a hard time for being such a diversified buyer of silver, he has no faith in the future of it, and lately reading the silver institute report, we are heading towards 3 years + above ground inventory, enough to satisfy industrial demand. This doesn't even count the loads of scrap sterling rifled away all over the world. Often when I go to an estate sale I will see thousands of dollars worth of sterling for sale. I need to try harder to save the $ I want to buy silver now for later. I may not save the $, and instead follow the asian model which is to just buy gold.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:56 pm

I never lose interest in precious metals. The more Au and Ag I have, the better I sleep at night.

This bitcoin bubble mania has been interesting to observe, but I would never buy any. It should be a good lesson in fear and greed for the speculators. Few will win, most will lose.

Regarding copper... I stopped penny searching a while ago. I got tired of only getting 10-15% out of every box. Used to get 25-30% about 10 years ago. The 5 billion zinc pennies minted each year are not helping.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:59 am

highroller4321 wrote:Hi everyone,

It seems like there is a decent amount of people who have simply lost interest in metals.

Care to share why??

lost interest?........heck no....!!!!......hey gang.......if my typing seems off, there's a reason, I almost went to be with Jesus....long story....caught flu type b early april........got up one day to head downstairs...top of stairs, had a coughing jag, blacked out. and flew 8 feet down into the log wall.....my right shoulder slammed....fractured.......my left hand was cut bad...laid upside down like a turtle...oh man....felt like I been shot...fought for 15 minutes to turn over......did it,,,,,hit the shower, washed all the bllod, have dressed, got in the truck..stick...drove 10 miles into the er...that was 6 april....now i'm in a small town nursing home.....mercy...youngest guy here...most folks are dying, may God greet them as friend.......I got 4 more weeks of healing to do.....reason I posted......type in 'selco'......dude made it through Sarajevo...in the 90's.....testifies what trades well...good stuff...stacked like a madman from 2008-2016...made a crazy last buy of Maples in 16 at the low......now I been loading up on coffee, instant coffee, tobacco, alcohol, sugar, wheat berries, all sortsof stuff.......'currency will be fluid, mobile......just try not to fly down the stairs........i'll be back.......xo, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:27 am

Welcome back Neil, both literally and figuratively. Add Sarajevo to selco to get a better selection. Survivor stock, and not the reality show type . . . that would be both of you. Thanks for sharing.

Brick
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Dang Neil - stuff happens to you my friend! Doesn't do any good to stock up and then do yourself in via a nosedive down the stairs. (Had a non flu virus myself in March that was a cough fest for weeks, but I avoided the stairs!) Get well soon!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Niel, my friend. A speedy recovery to you. Your are a light in my life. Thank you.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Gipper1985 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:30 am

neilgin1 wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:Hi everyone,

It seems like there is a decent amount of people who have simply lost interest in metals.

Care to share why??

lost interest?........heck no....!!!!......hey gang.......if my typing seems off, there's a reason, I almost went to be with Jesus....long story....caught flu type b early april........got up one day to head downstairs...top of stairs, had a coughing jag, blacked out. and flew 8 feet down into the log wall.....my right shoulder slammed....fractured.......my left hand was cut bad...laid upside down like a turtle...oh man....felt like I been shot...fought for 15 minutes to turn over......did it,,,,,hit the shower, washed all the bllod, have dressed, got in the truck..stick...drove 10 miles into the er...that was 6 april....now i'm in a small town nursing home.....mercy...youngest guy here...most folks are dying, may God greet them as friend.......I got 4 more weeks of healing to do.....reason I posted......type in 'selco'......dude made it through Sarajevo...in the 90's.....testifies what trades well...good stuff...stacked like a madman from 2008-2016...made a crazy last buy of Maples in 16 at the low......now I been loading up on coffee, instant coffee, tobacco, alcohol, sugar, wheat berries, all sortsof stuff.......'currency will be fluid, mobile......just try not to fly down the stairs........i'll be back.......xo, n

I hardly post anything really, but I was just looking for your last post the other day. I was wondering what happened, as I always enjoy your take on things. I'm glad to see you are still around.
Gipper1985
Penny Sorter Member

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Neil
been wondering where you went. Good to see you post again. Get well soon!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coppernickel » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:14 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

Glad to hear you're doing better.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Best wishes Neil.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Tue May 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Good ol' Neil! Hey, buddy, maybe stock up on some Robitussin-DM? Get well soon, my friend.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby realhumancopper » Wed May 09, 2018 7:14 am

Delta Momma...........................h
realhumancopper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Saabman » Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 am

Neil -Glad you're on the mend!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Neil , Glad you are on the mend, I enjoy the viewpoint you bring to Our discussions
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby CoinsnioC » Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm

The silver market was a lot of fun from about 2005 until 2011.... then it got boring and has stayed that way this entire time. Hopefully the powers that be will allow it to become fun again sometime.
CoinsnioC

Postby oober » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:38 am

Haven't lost interest, but sideways market is an absolute killer long term when taking into consideration inflation. I do maintain a certain amount of my portfolio in tangible assets (not paper). It is a realistic amount not to exceed 5%. I do keep an eye out for the flip opportunities also. Have made some decent money here and there.

Only regret I have is not buying cryptos when people were selling them on here in 2009-2011.... Such a shame.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm

to all my dear friends/fellow stackers, PLEASE forgive my lack of response to your wishes of recovery...my broken writing arm can work, and that's what i'm doing....writing,...focused, in the zone...your heartfelt wishes of recovery are precious to me....please, pray for my 'pen', as my family needs just a LITTLE more resource.....God willing, when successful...I WILL let you all know when and where to 'tune in'..........much love to all here, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:33 pm

neilgin1 wrote:to all my dear friends/fellow stackers, PLEASE forgive my lack of response to your wishes of recovery...my broken writing arm can work, and that's what i'm doing....writing,...focused, in the zone...your heartfelt wishes of recovery are precious to me....please, pray for my 'pen', as my family needs just a LITTLE more resource.....God willing, when successful...I WILL let you all know when and where to 'tune in'..........much love to all here, neil

Rest up and get well. Waiting to 'tune in'....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby InfleXion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 am

Came here on a whim and was wondering where has Neil been. I'm sorry to hear about your struggle, but glad to hear you are still in the fight! Sending prayers your way my friend. Hope to hear something positive from you.
Last edited by InfleXion on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Inspired by your comment about Neil I checked the passage of time and was surprised to find it had been so long since he had logged in, so I emailed him and got a rapid reply. He is doing better From his injuries and appreciates the thoughts, and does have a project going on which had distracted him. But he expects to return to RC shortly and sends his well wishes.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Thanks 68Camaro for the update.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals