SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$43, NOW $44+

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$38, NOW $39+

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:45 am

PSLV hit my 16.75 stop just now so I'm completely cashed out of my trading positions; waiting for it to drop again to buy back in. At the moment I have one buy order in at 15.4. May drop another one in for the low 16s again.

Still have my core positions in reserve for the later ramp-up: PSLV, PHYS, and CEF.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:11 am

Silver seems to be starting to get into a weird new daily/weekly pattern. Different from the previous run-up. No idea what it means.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:01 am

And here it is, the crush. (Scale is zoomed on on Kitco, not really as bad -so far - as previous ones.) Had thought they might let it float up past 37, but it got close. The market mini-dive of this morning makes for a great excuse to do it.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 pm

its banding up long time.....in a tight flat band.......thats goooood. Thats how we want it. That skyrocket stuff, what they call parabolic, is fun to watch, etc...but not healthy long term...this band?....wow, its like a stretched out rubber band, the longer it keeps banding, the more power to the pop.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 pm

That's what I hear some of the people I trust best sayin'

If I try to remove myself from the emotion of this and just sit back and watch as though a disembodied soul, it's fascinating. I've not seen much like this, ever.
68Camaro

Postby Mossy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Just an eyeball read, but it sure does look like someone is manipulating silver to try to keep it between 35 and 40 spot. Gold looks a bit, strange, as well.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:22 pm

So far so good for today. :D
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz002.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz002.jpg (40.23 KiB) Viewed 794 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Lets go 40+!! :D
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Expecting a smack-down by mid-day tomorrow.
68Camaro

Postby Mossy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 pm

It'll go up to $50 overnight if I sell all my silver again. Sorry, but I'm holding on.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Well... Looks like the topic header may have to modified again.... finally!! :mrgreen:

The big move up from consolidation appears to be happening about a month earlier than I thought... Oh Well, LET 'ER RIP!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Country wrote:Well... Looks like the topic header may have to modified again.... finally!! :mrgreen:

The big move up from consolidation appears to be happening about a month earlier than I thought... Oh Well, LET 'ER RIP!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and rip she will...you can just feel the momentum growing. i've seen many markets, but never one like this, bearing such inexorable power.

if someone offered me S300 an ounce, TOMMORROW, would i even THINK of selling that one ounce...i'm dead serious.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Funny thing the dollar is up too.
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz004.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz004.jpg (34.31 KiB) Viewed 726 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:44 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
if someone offered me S300 an ounce, TOMMORROW, would i even THINK of selling that one ounce...i'm dead serious.

:mrgreen: I would an then buy Gold as it is also due to rocket :D :D
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 am

Rosco wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

:mrgreen: I would an then buy Gold as it is also due to rocket :D :D

put your seat belts on my brothers, there shall be extreme turbulence.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:08 am

Yeah guys. What Neil said. Don't freak when it goes up 5, down 10, up 5 again. Long-term trend is up.

This will only hurt you if you buy high on money you don't have, intending to flip, and being unable to wait it out. My advice - just don't do that unless you are sure you can afford to wait it out.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 am

The world turned upside down...these price increases AS the USD strengthens. Use extreme caution.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:44 am

shinnosuke wrote:The world turned upside down...these price increases AS the USD strengthens. Use extreme caution.

Yeah... but you forget WHAT the dollar is increasing against. 59% of that basket is the Euro, and another large component is the Yen. Need I say more?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:44 am

beauanderos wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:The world turned upside down...these price increases AS the USD strengthens. Use extreme caution.

Yeah... but you forget WHAT the dollar is increasing against. 59% of that basket is the Euro, and another large component is the Yen. Need I say more?

Say no more. I just don't get why the almighty dollar only buys ¥79. 世の中が一体どうなってるの?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$39, NOW $40+

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:43 am

From some news bulletin info rec'd about yesterday's shorts bidding, and what I see on the charts today, it seems like the shorts (both gold and silver) have made a couple of attempts to stall the current run, but haven't been able to pull the prices down very much for very long. The bull is running this week and they haven't been able to head it off much, yet.

If this isn't the start of the final bull run, it is a snapshot of how it will start.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:47 am

68Camaro wrote:If this isn't the start of the final bull run, it is a snapshot of how it will start.

Oh, I don't suppose we're even CLOSE to the start of the final bull run. My guess? We're going to have three distinct phases of the run-up. First phase, which we MAY be nudging on (but will start in earnest beginning of August) will be fueled by the continuation of whatever configuration they disguise the next quantitative easing as. I think the argument is going to be made that the European banks are too big to fail, and that they can't save themselves, so we step in to prevent a domino effect. This phase will take us to $80 - 90 and then we'll consolidate for a few months. As this phase rolls on, it will become ever more evident how scarce silver truly is. Compounded by a likely default at COMEX, we will next see $150 - 250 silver, probably by December 2012. If we don't have to endure a planetary smackdown towards the end of that month, phase 3 will be catalyzed by true hyperinflation and will first send the price to $500, and then $1000 an ounce. Things could get real ugly at that point, and you'll be needing to hunker down and protect what you have, rather than looking about for the next good deal. Hold onto your core position, guys, if you want to wheel and deal, than at least have your next buy already planned when you obtain FRN's, or just do metals trades. I wouldn't be posting a bunch of pics, or bragging on youtube about the size of your hoard, either. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 pm

I more or less agree, Ray, as usual. Certainly on the trajectory and order, though timing and exact numbers get real fuzzy for me.

If I really believed that we wouldn't see another turn down below 40 (now), then I would sell ALL my paper silver (PSLV, so quasi-paper), even my entire core position, nail that profit, and plan to re-buy. Not just my trading paper (which I'm currently all out of). My trouble is that I'm believing we're close to the point where we may never see any significant time below 40 again (a brief touch down, especially off-hours, doesn't count). So I'm afraid that if I sell, I'll make a small profit, but would have just sold at the start of the big bull where we never look back. If we never see below 40 again, then this IS the start of the bull, in my book. So I'm holding the core, for now. Thoughts on that?

Next, what nags the back of my brain is where to go with it after the run-up. I can't see that far ahead. Especially the 401K part. Assuming the 401Ks aren't all confiscated (in which case I'm just playing at making money in that account), how do I withdraw it, assuming I've retained my core position which supposedly actually has value in physical? And what do I convert it into? Worthless (truly, by that point) FRNs? If we're than far down the hyperinflation path then what's the end game? There are too many variables, and the rules may radically change between now and then. Not so proud to say it makes my head hurt. :?
68Camaro

Postby rsk1963 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Take stock in the fact that you are actually thinking about such things; and are planning some sort of game plan. You are miles beyond the traditional american (which is how we get into these messes anyway).

39 and change now... session lows?
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:51 pm

honestly 68camaro.... Im guessing you and many others have all the PMs you NEED..... not that more doesnt help. But what little I know of your investments this seems likely.

If I were you Id focus on food now.... Lots of ways you can take that, but some can be pretty passive... Your in a great place for such things. dont know if you have land or a yard or what. but if you do Id re focus if I were you. Spend the summer building what it takes for food production and putting in perennial plantings... building the soil in case you NEED it..... I keep meaning to start a thread here on this, because there are a lot of things even non gardeners might be willing to do, especially those who know food prices could skyrocket, or become non existent if we are outbid in the global markets for instance.... food stores are great, but production is where its at.....

Its never a loosing investment either!!!! well not that things cant fail, but cast a wide net to account for that, just like you diversify any investments....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Coppercrazy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 pm

silver and gold down sharply in afternoon trading,while at the same time the dollar is moving down against most currencies...any theories whats happening?
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals