SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$43, NOW $44+

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$39, NOW $40+

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Treetop wrote:honestly 68camaro.... Im guessing you and many others have all the PMs you NEED..... not that more doesnt help. But what little I know of your investments this seems likely.

If I were you Id focus on food now....

Still buying, and looking for more diversity, etc, but have a year's nominal supply stashed now bro. Thanks tho - excellent advice!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Horse Feathers.....down $1.50....What Happened?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Coppercrazy wrote:silver and gold down sharply in afternoon trading,while at the same time the dollar is moving down against most currencies...any theories whats happening?

Irrational exuberance...

"Stocks recorded their best day since March on Tuesday after strong corporate results and renewed hope for an agreement in Washington on thorny budget issues boosted investor confidence."

That's fine. Yea! Go fiat money, go, go, go! ;) Investor confidence in this market. Wow. That's a scary thought.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Treetop wrote:honestly 68camaro.... Im guessing you and many others have all the PMs you NEED..... not that more doesnt help. But what little I know of your investments this seems likely.

If I were you Id focus on food now....

Still buying, and looking for more diversity, etc, but have a year's nominal supply stashed now bro. Thanks tho - excellent advice!

Food that is. :)

(Besides PMs)
68Camaro

Postby Oakair » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Took a dive!

People are easily deceived...lol at all this hope in the economy

Hopefully it dips back down to 35-34, I want to go on another buying spree :D
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SteelCityCopper » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Oakair wrote:Hopefully it dips back down to 35-34, I want to go on another buying spree :D

Agreed. But we may be off to the races here come August. I was a little surprised it rose as quickly as it did in July of all months, however, previous trending does little good (some but not much) when you've got ever changing external forces affecting price moreso than what we've seen 5-10 years ago.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 am

Jason,
i just want to tell you i REALLY like your website, it looks like you boys got your poo poo together over there. You got stuff listed i LOVE, and at sane prices. i'd do business TODAY, but i have to divert FRN's to get my little ranchito prepped for winter, but i sure like what i see....and i am happy for you Pittsburgh lads, that the Pirates look like gamers this year....i'm rooting for them to pull one out, wouldnt that be something?...for Roberto's memory!!!

respectfully, neil

ps..i stashed the website in my 'metals' folder btw....look forward to trading.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SteelCityCopper » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm

neilgin1 wrote:Jason,
i just want to tell you i REALLY like your website, it looks like you boys got your poo poo together over there. You got stuff listed i LOVE, and at sane prices. i'd do business TODAY, but i have to divert FRN's to get my little ranchito prepped for winter, but i sure like what i see....and i am happy for you Pittsburgh lads, that the Pirates look like gamers this year....i'm rooting for them to pull one out, wouldnt that be something?...for Roberto's memory!!!

respectfully, neil

ps..i stashed the website in my 'metals' folder btw....look forward to trading.

Thanks man. Much appreciated. The ranchito is priority so get her together. I'd always make it to at least one game a year for the love of baseball even when the Pirates were in their slump (which has been most of 2 decades lol). These are exciting times for Pittsburghers.

Take care.
J
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:36 am

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — House Speaker John Boehner wants to unveil a plan to increase the U.S. debt limit and curb federal spending by Sunday afternoon to avoid any potential havoc in Asian financial markets, media reports said.

Pre-havoc!
kitco.jpg
kitco.jpg (46.46 KiB) Viewed 696 times

At three PM it is Kitco time. http://www.kitco.com/market/It will be fun to watch! :D

Joe
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 am

I think that we will see a large drop before close monday. $2.50 in silver and $35 in gold
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Market Harmony » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:05 am

slickeast wrote:I think that we will see a large drop before close monday. $2.50 in silver and $35 in gold

Eat fresh Wheaties... this morning's must have been stale :mrgreen:
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:08 pm

henrysmedford wrote:
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — House Speaker John Boehner wants to unveil a plan to increase the U.S. debt limit and curb federal spending by Sunday afternoon to avoid any potential havoc in Asian financial markets, media reports said.

Pre-havoc!
The attachment kitco.jpg is no longer available

At three PM it is Kitco time. http://www.kitco.com/market/It will be fun to watch! :D

Joe

Post open!
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz009.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz009.jpg (48.36 KiB) Viewed 662 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:25 pm

slickeast wrote:I think that we will see a large drop before close monday. $2.50 in silver and $35 in gold

i think.......its the other way bud. What you got?...something solid? or just a gut feeling?

gut feeling i can respect, but if you got something....share.....cmon, i love information, even if its wrong. Back in the old daze, in the pit, we'd call it, "pissing in somebodys ear"...like this:

trader 1: whadya think?

trader 2: dunno.

trader 1: i heard that Tubby's got a thousand to buy on the close.

trader 2: yeh.

trader 1: yeh.

trader 1 is the "pisser". so if your trader 2, you gotta ask yourself why the pisser just pissed in your ear? goodwill, a generous nature?...yeh right.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:32 pm

. . . and we're off. Gold up $15 (an all time high) and silver up .45.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:27 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

i think.......its the other way bud. What you got?...something solid? or just a gut feeling?

gut feeling i can respect, but if you got something....share.....cmon, i love information, even if its wrong. Back in the old daze, in the pit, we'd call it, "pissing in somebodys

Just a gut feeling. Seems like every time it gets going up it gets pushed down hard.

That, plus everyone thinking that it will go up. Just being a naysayer
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:42 pm

slickeast wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

gut feeling i can respect, but if you got something....share.....cmon, i love information, even if its wrong. Back in the old daze, in the pit, we'd call it, "pissing in somebodys

Just a gut feeling. Seems like every time it gets going up it gets pushed down hard.

That, plus everyone thinking that it will go up. Just being a naysayer

the better word is "contrarian", and its very valid. If you get a 85% bullish or bearish poll among traders, you could very well be correct in going the other way, a 'naysayer' so to speak, profits can be made in such a stance, however there are two factors here, we might keep in mind. First, i would assume a majority of forum participants hold physical silver, rather than trading in futures, where contrarianism is a potent position. Secondly, this market is unusual in the fact, that we face an unprecedented global financial crisis, that i know you're aware of. Debt markets in tatters, an unpriceable derivative "market" that could total in the hundreds of trillions, and terrified central bankers doing things they KNOW they should not do, like hyper printing paper fiat.

its the perfect storm and in rare cases a market can maintain a high bullish consensus, and continue its up move.if we fail to pierce 50, and trend towards 33, and then band up another 6 months, this would be very very good.......the third wave up will be crazy, AND....participants ...here ...can accumulate even more physical silver.
i dont view silver as an investment vehicle, i look upon it as currency insurance.

you might be right, but i still maintain we trend higher Monday....
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:09 pm

I've been waiting for Panther to weigh back in as he called the drop in late April. However, he hasn't posted since early May.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Oakair » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:13 pm

neilgin1 wrote:if we fail to pierce 50, and trend towards 33, and then band up another 6 months, this would be very very good.......the third wave up will be crazy, AND....participants ...here ...can accumulate even more physical silver.

My sentiments exactly...I want more at bargain prices!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby theo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm not big on charts, but the fact that silver broke $40 (twice) after more than 10 weeks in the $34 - $39 range seems bullish for the short/intermediate term at least. The fact that gold is in record territory is also significant. I don't believe the debt ceiling debate will be resolved in a way that gives any real support for the dollar. I think silver will challenge $50 later this year with a few moderate pullbacks along the way. When $50 is breached convincingly the general public will begin to take notice in ever larger numbers. And that, guys and gals, is when the real action will commence.

Those with physical PMs may want consider reviewing their security arrangements.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 am

theo wrote:I'm not big on charts, but the fact that silver broke $40 (twice) after more than 10 weeks in the $34 - $39 range seems bullish for the short/intermediate term at least. The fact that gold is in record territory is also significant. I don't believe the debt ceiling debate will be resolved in a way that gives any real support for the dollar. I think silver will challenge $50 later this year with a few moderate pullbacks along the way. When $50 is breached convincingly the general public will begin to take notice in ever larger numbers. And that, guys and gals, is when the real action will commence.

Those with physical PMs may want consider reviewing their security arrangements.

But no posters here own physical PM's....right?........RIGHT?

we just like to TALK about them, and only on this forum and NOT in the public square....right?

yes...thats right.

But yes, its wise to review security arrangements, so nobody makes off with our couch, or our lawnmowers....household implements, loved ones, etc.

wise words indeed.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$40, NOW $41+

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Why is it up? I thought it would be down.

Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz013.jpg
Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz013.jpg (70.73 KiB) Viewed 511 times
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm

henrysmedford wrote:Why is it up? I thought it would be down.

Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz013.jpg

Tea Party withholding their votes?

The actual deal containing no revenue?

Putin spreading the news about the 'parasite' that is america?

This is out of the Government's hands now that the weakness has shown itself...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:05 am

I'm guessin' there has been a sudden (and probably temporary) burst of sanity in a slightly larger population of people; those who have just realized that "resolving" the debt crisis meant that the US debt in 10 years - versus our current 14 Trillion - will be "reduced" from 28 Trillion to 26 Trillion. If you heard a sudden wind in the air that sounded like a mass "oh sheeeet", that was probably when the light bulb went off for a few.
68Camaro

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Rising significantly in the last hour.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:58 pm

I haven't forgotten the path back to $50/oz. I'd be content to revisit that for a couple of days (on our way up to $65/oz.

With gold at $1650/oz, it's getting beyond the affordability factor for many of us. Many ex-gold buyers now look toward silver instead.

Personally, I don't know what my silver price threshold is. At what price do I (you) hunker down?
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals