How is this guy avoiding getting flagged on Craigslist?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

How is this guy avoiding getting flagged on Craigslist?

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 am

I buy American silver coins and coin collections * pre- 1965 * - $2300

I buy silver American coins minted before 1965.

if you have a coin collection for sale please let me know. I like all silver dollars, dimes, quarters, and half dollars.

thanks for taking a look at this ad.

I try to put ads like this on craigslist and they always get flagged off; how does this guy do it? I look through the ads and he has this exact same ad on different days that have not been flagged.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: How is this guy avoiding getting flagged on Craigslist?

Postby Metalhead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 am

I'm not sure why you'd be getting flagged. There is nothing in the post above that breaks any rules that I am aware of. I've put ads for sale and to buy and have never gotten them removed. Maybe some local shops & dealers are all out to get each other where you live? If enough people flag you it will be removed, but I don't know how many exactly.
Metalhead

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:50 am

Well that was someone else's ad I pasted in. But I have tried to put ads very similar and they always get flagged.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby MikeP2020 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:59 am

I think your getting your ad flagged by other buyers in your area. Your competition doesn't want other buyers (you) listing ads to buy silver. It reduces the number of prospective sellers that would contact him if there are other buyers with similar listings. Notice how he doesn't list a buy price? Either per ounce or x-face? His ad is meant to get first contact from a prospective seller where he can negotigate a price over email, starting with a lowball offer to see if the seller will bite. Don't take it personally, but I would just keep posting ads everyday mixing up the description every time with different key words and such.
MikeP2020
Penny Collector Member

Postby Neckro » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:03 pm

yeah, other buyers flag your posts so only theirs show. Flag his every time you see it. It takes 3 flags to remove a post. Make 2 Craig accounts, so you can post in ITEMS WANTED, COLLECTIBLES. best way to spread your ad. and its more then likely the other buyer flagging your stuff with either a program that proxy ips, so he can quickly remove you
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals