Danbury Mint 20k Gold Plated Ornaments

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Danbury Mint 20k Gold Plated Ornaments

Postby Tantalar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:08 pm

I was at an estate sale during the early spring where I came across some cool stuff but what caught my eye was the 5 boxes of Danbury Mint Gold Christmas Ornaments. It looked to be 5 complete sets (checking now it is 4 complete sets with 1 set missing 1 but having 3 extra from another year) Anyhow, I was hoping to hoard them until winter to sell them or perhaps figure out if they were worth more as gold plate scrap after seeing the price of gold plated computer parts...

Anywho, now that it is Christmas time I figured it would be a good time to whip these babies out. The lady at the estate sale was asking 40 EACH. On the last day of the estate sale I managed to talk her down to I think $40 for all 5 boxes. I checked on FEEbay to see if I could get any FRNs for them. Apparently I can

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-75-Danbury- ... 1c201db748

But the true question is... what are these things really worth in gold content? They sure are very thin and have a lot of total area... Anyone have any idea? I'm a bit hesitant to have them processed and then learn that they are worth less after being processed... They are 20k gold electroplated and weigh on average about 20 grams each.
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Danbury Mint 20k Gold Plated Ornaments

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 pm

http://www.goldnscrap.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=66

Gold Plated scrap calculator - Kind of difficult stuff actually.

I'll give you $50 for them. :lol:
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Re: Danbury Mint 20k Gold Plated Ornaments

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Nevermind... this calculator appears to be broken.....
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals