How to buy $250 silver from ebay for $205

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

How to buy $250 silver from ebay for $205

Postby aaa30040 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 pm

1) Win auction(s) on ebay hopefully getting silver for a market price or below totaling $250
2) Buy $250 ebay gift cards at Kroger. Currently they are giving 4x fuel points, so this gets you 1000 points good for $1/gallon off up to 35 gallons in one transaction. If you have a truck with a 35 gallon tank this is a $35 rebate
3) Pay for the gift cards with a Fidelity (or similar) credit card that offers 2% cash back ($5 rebate)
4 Get 2% ebay bucks for a future transaction ($5 rebate)

Cost after rebates as low as $205 for a $250 ebay purchase
buying wheat pennies at $0.03 delivered - send me a note if you are selling
buying copper pennies at $0.014 delivered - send me a note if you are selling
aaa30040
Penny Pincher Member

Re: How to buy $250 silver from ebay for $205

Postby natsb88 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 pm

eBay Bucks are not offered on anything in the "bullion" category anymore. You'll only get those if it's listed in the "coins" category. The $1/gallon at Kroger is awesome though, too bad there aren't any around here :(
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Somebody here is using their noggin, as my Dad used to say. Nice going. ;)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby everything » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:07 pm

No matter, every time you use credit your giving another sliver to the 1%, and they've already marked everything up accordingly to make up for the credit scam we fell for some years ago now. I wish retailers could still have a credit or cash price, it's against the law to do that in my state. Still, kudo's to those working the system via credit, I only use them when I absolutely have to, which is more often now than ever before.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:36 pm

everything wrote:No matter, every time you use credit your giving another sliver to the 1%, and they've already marked everything up accordingly to make up for the credit scam we fell for some years ago now. I wish retailers could still have a credit or cash price, it's against the law to do that in my state. Still, kudo's to those working the system via credit, I only use them when I absolutely have to, which is more often now than ever before.

It's more than a sliver. Up to 3% sometimes. And it's not "the 1%", it's more like the "0.00001%". The credit card companies are the super-wealthy and I once wrote a paper on how mathematically it was possible for all wealth to eventually flow to the credit card companies!
barrytrot

Postby misteroman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:30 pm

I get 5% off my local grocery store and use them to buy many other gift cards so all are 5% off. Never looked for an ebay card before
misteroman

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals