Coinflation Featured Auction

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Coinflation Featured Auction

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Isn't this no different than selling conterfeit currency?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 722989963+

I reported it as illegal, but they didn't give anywhere to leave a comment/explanation so I don't know if Ebay will do anything.

Some of the listing is below (emphasis mine):
OKAY HERE WE GO, YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY

THE GOLD IS 24K LAYERED ON EACH COIN AND IS REALLY DETAILED AND BEAUTIFUL

IN THIS AUCTION I AM OFFERING THE

2 PACK OF GOLD COINS

LOOK AT THE PIC, THERE ARE NO COPY, REPLICA, PLATED, OR CLAD MARKINGS ON THE COINS...

THIS IS BIG FOR THOSE THAT ARE LOOKING FOR REALLY GOOD REPLICAS!!!

IMAGINE THE RESALE VALUE!!!
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Coinflation Featured Auction

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Looks like he's also selling Engelhard rounds that are plated with nothing on them to indicate that they are plated (http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-SILVER-ENGELH ... 2317a893fa), silver bars that don't indicate on them that they are plated (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-BAR-LOT- ... 2317cd545a) and fake Kruggerands (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PACK-AMAZING- ... 2317b177c0).
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Report Item
Listing Practices
Other Listing Practices
Jewelry, precious metals, and loose beads

That should hopefully kick it to the review department that at least has some idea of what they're looking at :roll:
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby natsb88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Actually this is probably better:

Report Item
Prohibited and restricted items
Stamps, currency, and coins
Replica coins, replica paper money, and replica stamps
natsb88

Postby DirtyFingers » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:39 pm

The listing history says he sold one. What a shock that buyer is in for down the road.
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby dakota1955 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 pm

someone should get a lump of coal for Christmas
dakota1955

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:56 pm

dakota1955 wrote:someone should get a lump of coal for Christmas

IMO, they shouldn't just get a lump of coal, but they should also have it delivered somewhere uncomfortable.
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby uthminsta » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm

"This listing (150722989963) has been removed, or this item is not available."
uthminsta

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:21 pm

uthminsta wrote:"This listing (150722989963) has been removed, or this item is not available."

Thanks for the update Uthminsta. Looks like the Krugerand listing has been removed also.

The silver rounds and bars still remain though... I guess this is a good lesson that you should always weigh your items and give them a good magnet check -- something I admitedly rarely, if ever, do.
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:47 pm

This seller deserves prison. I wonder how real these seem in the hand. It is really lame to see fake stuff like this in the market. Crooks like this ruin it for everyone and not only deserve a lumps of coal for Christmas but a few lumps on the head as well.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 pm

at least it's been removed now.

On the other hand, at least he's completely honest right? I mean we got people with the damn half dollar coin rolls scamming people. This guy's up front about it at least. :P
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 pm

He threw back on some Krugers with "carefully" worded text. I still reported his @$$. I'm surprised with the amount of auctions that got nuked, he's still selling.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 am

DirtyFingers wrote:The listing history says he sold one. What a shock that buyer is in for down the road.

I noticed in a couple of his auctions that got nuked, he did mention that someone could "sell them" on. And my first thought when I saw the link on coinflation was "Fraud."

I hate to even mention this, but think of the number of gold buying outfits out there today. In my area, they range from mall kiosks with some high schooler/college kid to leased spaces that are simply furnished, to pawn shops/coin shops/jewelry shops with the seasoned workers, and the occasional grifter road shows. If you bought some of these coins and played the cards right, you could make a (dishonorable) tidy profit. Even at the low end stupid offers some of these guys make, you'd still come out ahead.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 am

cesariojpn wrote:He threw back on some Krugers with "carefully" worded text. I still reported his @$$. I'm surprised with the amount of auctions that got nuked, he's still selling.

Looks like the Maples are up too.

Just finished reporting all of the Kruger listings, the Maple listing, and the Engelhard listing. Hopefully Ebay will look at the pictures and not just the words in the listing.
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cesariojpn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:40 pm

The SP "silver bars" are still up. Christ eBay.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 pm

cesariojpn wrote:The SP "silver bars" are still up. Christ eBay.

Just reported all of them.

*Fingers crossed that they just ban the bastard*
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals