GSR question

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

GSR question

Postby robroy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:47 pm

I was looking at my dca in silver (which is high) and was thinking about doing a gold for silver swap. This proposed swap would lower by silver dca by $4 but would have the effect of increasing my gold dca by $35. I know that there is good and bad aspect of this proposal and the volume of this is small.

Is my proposal a good plan or should I wait bit? I've never done something like this I started stacking in March so my silver DCA is quite high. However my overall GSR is 20 points below current levels. So on one hand I believe I'm good but on the other hand I feel unbalanced.

Any comments??????????????
Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Neither a penny or a nickel is worth face value anymore.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.
robroy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: GSR question

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 pm

I follow you......a good GSR is a tough call.....varies on incomes....and goals.

my walk:

30:1
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 am

what is dca?

forecasting the GSR in manipulated markets is tricky enough. i would not worry about your average purchase price if that is what dca refers to. its a sunk cost - you only question is whether to buy, sell, hold or trade.

there is an extensive thread over on GIM on GSR, and Franklin Saunders has a good article about it. personally i think we'll eventually see 20 but i''ll start trading silver for gold well before then.

gold is most likely to benefit in the short term as lehman type problems surface in europe but silver has a much bigger potential to outperform imho.

with the GSR close to 55, if you trade now trade gold for silver. GSR doesn't have much room to go higher but has a lot of room to go lower. of course, i have some of both and that affects how i see things.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:13 am

Lemon Thrower, I think dca is "dollar cost average'. I say just buy a little silver, buy a little gold. But best of luck to those playing the ratios.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby melhen26 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:22 am

I currently have an au for ag posting on another forum. It's really a personal decision, which horse are you betting on RIGHT NOW and in the immediate future??
melhen26

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:21 am

melhen26 wrote:I currently have an au for ag posting on another forum. It's really a personal decision, which horse are you betting on RIGHT NOW and in the immediate future??

i have tried those trades.

99 out of 100 people with the means and interest in such a trade are completely unreaslistic. they want a premium for what they are giving you, and then they want your stuff at melt.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby wpd7 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Lemon,

I'm up for another of those trades if you got the gold. :P

You know me I think I was pretty fair last time. :mrgreen:
wpd7
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals