Pawn Shop Deal...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Pawn Shop Deal...

Postby RxForPain » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Thought I would share a deal I have setup with my local pawn shop. If you have a local pawn shop you deal and feel comfortable with it might be something to consider.

I have been dealing with my local pawn dealer for about six months now. I have been lucky and scored some great deals (he always sells at spot based on weight). I have missed many items as I am not the only one looking for silver too. He has often told me how he had something earlier in the day or the day before and I just missed out. Having finally tired of hearing on how I missed out we worked out a deal. I gave him a cash deposit and he now holds everything that comes in (at this point he knows the types of items I like and puts them aside and deducts from my deposit). He wins by getting his money up front and it is easy to see how I win. I visit the shop once or twice a week and pick up anything that has come in and if needed replenish my cash deposit. Something to consider if you are always on the hunt for silver.

Last weeks collection was 4 ASE's, 3 Morgans, and a Peace Dollar (all at spot).
RxForPain
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Pawn Shop Deal...

Postby knibloe » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:09 pm

The local pawn shop where I live buys silver and gold, but they don't sell it.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 pm

I have a similar deal with one near me. Oh my the deals he gas gotten me!!!!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RGJohn » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:01 am

RxForPain wrote:.....Last weeks collection was 4 ASE's, 3 Morgans, and a Peace Dollar (all at spot).

You've got a great thing going there. Congrats and good thinking.
RGJohn

Postby RxForPain » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:26 pm

I didn't think the owner would go for it, but he said he gets his money right back on a purchase and makes his profit right away.

The way I look at it is it never hurts to ask.
RxForPain
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Hades12 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:09 am

I buy from my local Jewerly shop that way. He sales it to me at Melt which is what the roving guy that picks up his stuff pays.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals