Silver @ 27 & a half....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver @ 27 & a half....

Postby JJM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:28 am

....tempting the HECK out of me.....but i know it's going lower so I wait....2012 should be a good buying year for PM's!
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Re: Silver @ 27 & a half....

Postby scrapper2010 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:34 am

Dip? Dip. I'm going to have to pick up a little bit at least.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:46 am

So tempting to load up, but I do fear that we are still headed lower so I am also gonna try to hold out for a bit. Key word TRY.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Later » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am

was wondering who might "pull the trigger"? im going to grab some.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby mr18 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:55 am

I will assume when you buy, you will buy online. Right now, I don't believe any LCS will sell this low. My magic number is 25ozt.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Double3 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:57 am

NHsorter wrote:So tempting to load up, but I do fear that we are still headed lower so I am also gonna try to hold out for a bit. Key word TRY.

I'm trying real hard.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:05 am

mr18 wrote:I will assume when you buy, you will buy online. Right now, I don't believe any LCS will sell this low. My magic number is 25ozt.

My next (and final) SHTF purchase will be Incuse Indian rounds from the Golden State Mint once the price is right. This purchase won't be anything but a carry trade into whatever the future brings. Personally, I think we'll see $22, but some really bad stuff will come out of Europe before we go that low. I would be content making this buy at sub $24 however, not gonna split hairs anymore than I already am at that point. I fled the city years ago for hicksville, the nearest LCS is 1.5 hours away. Even if I had one close, I wouldn't kid myself into thinking a) they'd have anything left or b) they would sell it to me if they did.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby DirtyFingers » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:23 am

I visited my LCS on the 23rd and he was low or out on 90% and gold. No fractionals, no 1 troz's. He said he was going
out to pickup some more 90% right after Christmas. The demand is there and he is trying to meet it. I've done business with this guy for over 25 years and I know if he had anything stashed in back, and I asked to see it, he would bring it out.
He had nothing pulled off the shelves.

If gold dips down into the 1560's I am going to go see him and lock into spot for that day and have him order a couple of 1 troz bars. $5 over the spot you locked into is his charge.
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:30 am

JJM wrote:....tempting the HECK out of me.....but i know it's going lower so I wait....2012 should be a good buying year for PM's!

the "board", Comex, is losing relevancy so what i'm seeing is the cash premium widening out.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 am

It's a bloodbath. I HATE it :evil: It's great for you starters to add to your stash, but when you're on the verge of retiring it hurts, trust me. :(
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:59 am

I sincerely hope everyone has hedged their positions long ago.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Well this has annoyed me even though I thought it was coming because I sold nearly a grand worth right here on realcent but a generally straight forward member backed out of the deal and wont respond to my PMs anymore.... That was sure a kick to the nuts for me.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
JJM wrote:....tempting the HECK out of me.....but i know it's going lower so I wait....2012 should be a good buying year for PM's!

the "board", Comex, is losing relevancy so what i'm seeing is the cash premium widening out.

Sorry, I have to call BS on this Neil. There is no evidence of any such claim. I've been trading heavily on Comex for years. While some want to believe in SHTF etc, I can tell you that even during these holiday sessions, the pricing is robust and liquidity is there. My account will settle today with the MtM gains with FULL RELEVANCE. Every last USD gained will be posted. I don't know where all the sensationailism comes from otherwise. Be careful of the blogosphere. Silver blasting past $50 to 100 0r $200 any minute now on a JPM short squeeze? Be careful folks....DYOD

Cheers!
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JJM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:13 pm

beauanderos wrote:It's a bloodbath. I HATE it :evil: It's great for you starters to add to your stash, but when you're on the verge of retiring it hurts, trust me. :(

I rode the the silver wave of ~30 years ago UP (and then DOWN...), as a young math savant, so I made sure I didn't repeat that mistake again this time around. There's nothing wrong with taking profits, and I'm sure you could sell most of your stash today and still realize a healthy profit. Were you to do so, you would enjoy this current downward trend a lot more than you currently are. The old sayings largely still ring true today. You probably know the one about bears & bulls & pigs...?

Other than a core SHTF junk silver holding, I've been out of the silver market for a while. I've never been smart enough to sell anything at the top, but [edited for OPSEC].... I would like to top the junk off w/ some .999 at some point (reasonably) soon.

There's no doubt hyperinflation will come (again) to our shores one day. But if history is to repeat itself (and it will), that will only be after a severe deflationary spiral or event. We need the latter before we can have the former. And the latter is going to mean lower metal prices, for a time, across the board.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

$27.19....
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:25 pm

I set up a bullion purchase last night on APMEX, but didn't pull the trigger yet. It's still in their system, and price automatically updates with spot, so all I have to do is log on and click a couple of times to make it so...waiting a bit longer!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Let it fall to $3/oz........I will buy all I can.....with every spare dollar I can dig out of the sofa.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:31 pm

Treetop wrote:Well this has annoyed me even though I thought it was coming because I sold nearly a grand worth right here on realcent but a generally straight forward member backed out of the deal and wont respond to my PMs anymore.... That was sure a kick to the nuts for me.

I am so sorry to hear this Treetop. Personally, I've had quite a few dealings in the past and found everyone to be honorable and professional in their dealings. I hope that there was some unforseen personal reason for the communication delay and that everything gets worked out for you.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Yeah $3/ounce would be awesome haha

We have seen major corrections before; back a couple of years ago it went from $13 up to around $20 and fell down to $8 to $9. Bought a bunch of Eagles with the dip and glad I did.

I know not quite as drastic of a drop as the past month or so but look at it as a buying opportunity.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
Treetop wrote:Well this has annoyed me even though I thought it was coming because I sold nearly a grand worth right here on realcent but a generally straight forward member backed out of the deal and wont respond to my PMs anymore.... That was sure a kick to the nuts for me.

I am so sorry to hear this Treetop. Personally, I've had quite a few dealings in the past and found everyone to be honorable and professional in their dealings. I hope that there was some unforseen personal reason for the communication delay and that everything gets worked out for you.

Cheers!

Yeah Ive had scores of deals here, including with members hat had 0-20 posts. This is the first its happened to me here. I jus had it happen at another forum with an established member there as well. Not cool at all... Ive done well with my stack so Im still well in the black even if silver goes to a dollar, but its not fun at all.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:

Cheers!

Off topic, I think you should post negative feedback about them if there is no reason, illness, health, something serious. Its not fair and you can warn the rest of us from making a mistake.
TXBullion

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:56 pm

TXBullion wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:

Cheers!

Off topic, I think you should post negative feedback about them if there is no reason, illness, health, something serious. Its not fair and you can warn the rest of us from making a mistake.

Ditto. In fact there's already a thread on BS "if you make a deal, and then the price drops..."
If somebody refuses to hold up their end of the deal after it was already negotiated, with the only excuse being the price change on the spot, I would never deal with that person again and do my damndest to make sure they're blackballed in the forums where it happened
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Sorry, I have to call BS on this Neil. There is no evidence of any such claim. I've been trading heavily on Comex for years. While some want to believe in SHTF etc, I can tell you that even during these holiday sessions, the pricing is robust.......

well, i'll call your BS, and raise it, all in bud, you aint dealing with some hump, pal, that aint been there and done that for many a year, i'm not wasting time going around with you on this, but what is it, about segregated funds you dont understand? open interest and volumne has been down, in every single physical future's market, since MF's implosion and the CME, the CFTC and NFA screwed the pooch on this one. i'm seeing PHYSICAL trading going on at +$5-10 over the 'board' basis March with its 'robust' OI of 55,000 cars, so please dont insult my intelligence. i truly only wish you good fortune in your futures trade, but dont think me your cyber bitch, i been around the game a while now, and the board is turning into a bs pricing mechanism, and if YOU think thats BS, stand for delivery then, watch what happens.
furthermore, its been my experience, as well as the many guys i know, trading the week between Christmas and New Years is for bush leaguer's, so put the "cheer(s)" into this week, instead of the end of your post. Happy New Year.

later add---correction on the SIH12, thats march Comex silver, open interest at almost 58.000...saw 55 this morning, about 3 AM
Last edited by neilgin1 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper_Baron » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 pm

JJM wrote:$27.19....

Yup. Silver is leaking.................
Copper_Baron

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 pm

that IS bad, and disturbing,
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals