silver @ 26

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

silver @ 26

Postby Cu Later » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 am

getting some more on the way down.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Re: silver @ 26

Postby newton7 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:42 am

me to but funds are running low after the holidays.
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:42 am

Just buy more while it's on sale and sock it away. 6-12 months from now, you will be very happy.

I've been cleaning my local coin dealer out of all his pre-1933 $20 gold pieces. He has been selling me MS-60/63 common date Liberties and St Gaudens for $50 over spot. I've also been buying many XF Morgans/Peace dollars for $23-24 each, which is a great deal.

You should always support you local coin dealer. I rarely use Apmex anymore.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:19 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Just buy more while it's on sale and sock it away. 6-12 months from now, you will be very happy.

I've been cleaning my local coin dealer out of all his pre-1933 $20 gold pieces. He has been selling me MS-60/63 common date Liberties and St Gaudens for $50 over spot. I've also been buying many XF Morgans/Peace dollars for $23-24 each, which is a great deal.

Your gold buying is a WAY better deal than what you're stealing the cartwheels for. Are those slabbed and graded... or just yours or his estimations of grade? Nice going, either way. I'd be pimping my Grandmother to buy gold like that :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 pm

It's like real estate. My realtor always has a reason as to why NOW then NOW and NOW and NOW is the time to buy. LOL
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Later » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:16 pm

i look at it the same way i look at real estate. bought from 8-10 then 10-21 now 30 down and back up. thats just the silver. im doing the same with real estate. land lots etc. no houses.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:It's like real estate. My realtor always has a reason as to why NOW then NOW and NOW and NOW is the time to buy. LOL

Sounds like a bad realtor. One of the ones I uses is so pessimistic about the housing market and insists on getting a super good deal. Wait if you can :lol: I don't really like realtors, then I found one as pessimistic as me about housing :lol:
TXBullion

Postby NHsorter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:32 pm

I don't like realtors at all and I do whatever I can to avoid dealing with them. I am sure that honest ones do exist, but I have not seen one yet.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mr18 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Just buy more while it's on sale and sock it away. 6-12 months from now, you will be very happy.

I would support my local dealer if he would not charge tax and wanted so much for 90% junk (typically 10% above spot) I say those are good prices for pre 33 $20 gold pieces, wish the local dealer in my area was the same :|
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 pm

mr18 wrote:

I would support my local dealer if he would not charge tax and wanted so much for 90% junk (typically 10% above spot) I say those are good prices for pre 33 $20 gold pieces, wish the local dealer in my area was the same :|

if you are in a state that charges local sales tax, why critize the dealer for it? he's just doing the duty the state is mandating
TXBullion

Postby mr18 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:39 pm

TXBullion wrote:
mr18 wrote:

if you are in a state that charges local sales tax, why critize the dealer for it? he's just doing the duty the state is mandating

We all know you can get around tax, some dealers choose no to, so I avoid them and go to the dealers who will work with you. These dealers are the ones I stick to, not too many, but they are out there.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby tbram88 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Picked up $10 face at 20.3X when spot was 19.8X at LCS, they have $1K bags at that price (.5X over spot + sales tax)

They also sell generic .999 @ spot + $2.00 + tax

http://www.hcc-coin.com/store/c-1150-90-silver-pre-1965.aspx No tax unless you live in Ohio.

All the best...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:34 pm

beauanderos wrote:

Your gold buying is a WAY better deal than what you're stealing the cartwheels for. Are those slabbed and graded... or just yours or his estimations of grade? Nice going, either way. I'd be pimping my Grandmother to buy gold like that :lol:

Both my grandmothers are dead, unfortunutely ;) BTW, I am using funds from a cashed out 401k and IRA. It was burning a hole in my pocket for a while. I was dying when gold hit $1900 because looked like I wasn't going to get my chance to buy more. Thankfully I waited and took advantage of this recent dip.

They are raw / estimations of grade. He's a legit coin dealer, knows his sheet and been in the biz for 40 years. I've been collecting numis since I was a kid, I'm not too bad at grading myself. A couple of the pieces are really, really nice. No bag marks on them like the crap that Ampex or Gainsville sells. I am planning to send a few to PCGS for slabbing.

I've been spending 3-6K a visit... I have feeling that is one of the main reasons he gives me good deals. Still, I feel fortunate to have a relationship with him... he's an honest dealer, nice guy too. He does not charge tax if I use cash to purchase. I would never use a CC to buy my PMs... I hate paper trails.

If anyone here has been on the fence and has the funds, don't hesitate anymore guys. This could be the last chance to get it while it's on sale.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Later » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:14 am

just 1 of the "triggers" i pulled in the last 2 weeks. glad i did.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:29 am

If we can rally back up to previous highs, both silver and mining shares, I plan to cash out (I know, I know... that's a huge if, but I feel that is possible this year). Then I'll be looking at whatever avenue allows me to accumulate more metals at reasonable prices in small chunks of 8-9K. Likely I'll have to buy gold and convert it to silver later. According to Lindsey Williams, the end of 2012 coincides with the agenda of TPTB to eliminate the dollar (by whatever means I have no idea). So for me, I guess it's letting go of the dreams of ten and twenty bagger mining equities profits, and just settle for the surety of real money in hand. A part of me still wants to take the risk, but I feel a prudent course would let fear steer, rather than greed.
beauanderos

Postby rexmerdinus » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:43 am

From the "Silver @ 27 & a half" thread:
rexmerdinus wrote:I set up a bullion purchase last night on APMEX, but didn't pull the trigger yet. It's still in their system, and price automatically updates with spot, so all I have to do is log on and click a couple of times to make it so...waiting a bit longer!

Just thought I'd take a second to gloat a little, because this never happens to me. I waited until yesterday to pull the trigger...I missed the low at 7am-ish, but I still got in when spot was around $26.60, so my ASE's are locked in at $30.68 each before shipping.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby TXBullion » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 am

rexmerdinus wrote:From the "Silver @ 27 & a half" thread:
rexmerdinus wrote:I set up a bullion purchase last night on APMEX, but didn't pull the trigger yet. It's still in their system, and price automatically updates with spot, so all I have to do is log on and click a couple of times to make it so...waiting a bit longer!

Just thought I'd take a second to gloat a little, because this never happens to me. I waited until yesterday to pull the trigger...I missed the low at 7am-ish, but I still got in when spot was around $26.60, so my ASE's are locked in at $30.68 each before shipping.

and after APMEX charges, 45 a pop ;)
TXBullion

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:07 am

rexmerdinus wrote:From the "Silver @ 27 & a half" thread:

Nice snipe on that one. You deserve to gloat a bit. :mrgreen: I bought half my order of fracs from Golden State Mint, but I did it a day too early. Waiting on the other half.
beauanderos

Postby JJM » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:47 am

Congrats to all who pulled the trigger and are enjoying the ride back up!

I'm firmly entrenched in the camp that says better sales are coming though. There could be stupid money to be made prior to then though!

I believe I read somewhere, maybe it was in a Chinese restaurant near some Aztec temple down south of the border, that 2012 was the year of the SALE!
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals