any medical or thermodynamic engineers?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

any medical or thermodynamic engineers?

Postby Cu Later » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:35 pm

silver and copper? antimicrobial and energy transfer?
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Re: any medical or thermodynamic engineers?

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm neither of these, but I do manage some thermal analysis engineers. What's the question?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Hades12 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:48 pm

I slept at a holiday inn express last night!
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 pm

I once burnt my hand down to the bone and it wouldn't heal.

Silvadyne (ointment) fixed it.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby silverflake » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 pm

thogey, I'm no doctor, but I am a pharmacist. You had silvadene cream. Silver has incredible antimicrobial qualities and silvadene is a common cream used on burns. Silver has actually been shown to inhibit HIV binding to cells in-vitro (I think I read that in the journal of nanotechnology). As if we needed more reason to love silver.

Keep stacking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Well..there you are!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Silvadene was great! I had this gaping hole just below my left index knuckle for weeks. Once we started silvadene, the wound immediatley closed up (within a couple days) and healed quickly. Except for an indent that only I notice, no scar exists.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 am

Looks like it requires a prescription - too bad.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby twentybux » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 am

Hades12 wrote:I slept at a holiday inn express last night!

Dang, too slow. I just about to say the same thing but you beat me to it. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Later » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 pm

just curious of their capabilities and possible future uses.
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Cu Later wrote:just curious of their capabilities and possible future uses.

Some studies involving endotracheal tubes coated with silver particulate to inhibit bacterial growth were being conducted at WVU while I was in school. The idea was to cut down on secondary respiratory infections caused by normal oral microorganisms.

Lots o' cool things......my favorite is still the Morgan Dollar. :)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby slvrbck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 pm

We recently did a trial period with silver impregnated hubs for medical central lines designed to decrease infection rates. Never saw the full report but from what I heard the results were quite impressive.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals