Central Florida Sell report.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Central Florida Sell report.

Postby hejira11 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:23 pm

I am underemployed and living in Central Florida. To keep from going crazy, I decided to visit all the local Pawn shops, coin stores and Jewelry shops that displayed signs Reading, "WE BUY GOLD- and silver (silver usually appears in smaller font).

I presented a roll of 20 Prospectors, mixed years, and in EXCELLENT condition.

The worst place I went told me he could give me $5.00 UNDER SPOT for each coin! Every other place was under spot as well, to varying degrees.

However, One store, offered me $1.00 over spot per coin. Not only is this the only place I would consider selling to, I am gonna make it a point to buy my supplies, and some 90% junk from him. For anyone in the Area, the place is called, SILVER BAY COIN AND BULLION.

The next time I have 5 days off in a row, I am gonna revisit these places to get the asking price for a 2011 ASE.
Last edited by hejira11 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Re: Central Florida Sell report.

Postby pennypicker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:53 pm

hejira11 wrote:The next time I have 5 days off in a row, I am gonna revisit these places to get the asking price for a 2011 ASE.

I checked the four coin shops here in the greater Medford, Oregon area and one offered spot on a 2011 ASE, two offered .50 cents over spot and one shop offered $1 over spot. Incidentally all four were selling 2011 ASE's @ $4 over spot. :)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hejira11 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Penny Pincher, I think I need to move to Oregon! We have some shyster down here.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Appreciate the report! This is good info.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby avidbrandy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:50 pm

I had one gold buyer who bought 1 dollar under and sold 1 dollar over last year, including silver eagles. got some eagles off him.

I've been going to a lot of the "WE BUY GOLD" places in San Antonio. So far the lowest offer I've gotten for gold jewelry is 40% of spot and the highest I've gotten was 55%. Amazing.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:03 pm

I called one pawn shop and two cash for gold places and all three said they don't really get gold coins in, just jewelry.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby woodyh » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm

we have 10 gold silver buyers in the same chain arond here they buy gold coins at 95% of spot 50% on silver coins and jewelry :(
they have bought 6 fake gold oz coins in the last month , big loss for them .
life is like a box of pennys , you never know what your gonna get
woodyh
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

I have bought several times via mail 1/10 AGEs from Wild West Traders in Golden Colorado. Paid about $20 over spot. I recommend them. http://www.wildwesttraderscoins.com
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals