starting the new year on the wrong foot

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

starting the new year on the wrong foot

Postby dakota1955 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Monday I went to Well Fargo to pick up my weekly order a bag of dimes and nickels. I went through them and I was skunked. Not one silver coin in $1200. Good thing that the bank is closed next Monday for MLK day. I can't get skunk two weeks in a row. I still have $150 of pennies I pick up to look over yet. Hope thing will get better.
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: starting the new year on the wrong foot

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:01 pm

dakota1955 wrote:Monday I went to Well Fargo to pick up my weekly order a bag of dimes and nickels. I went through them and I was skunked. Not one silver coin in $1200. Good thing that the bank is closed next Monday for MLK day. I can't get skunk two weeks in a row. I still have $150 of pennies I pick up to look over yet. Hope thing will get better.

Very skunky. This is the main reason why I stopped searching clad years ago. Finding only 1 or 2 silver dimes (or none) out of thousands can be very distressing. My time is much better spent sorting pennies.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals