Greedy, rich hoarders...prepare for SWAG tax

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Greedy, rich hoarders...prepare for SWAG tax

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 pm

According to TooMuch.com, the super-rich are
limiting their investments to SWAG (get ready, I'm not making this up)...Silver, Wine, Art, Gold...to avoid paying income taxes. You see, capital gains taxes, as we all know, favor the greedy rich. And so the lefty loons want to discourage that. Naturally.

The story was copied to my hometown newspaper today (my subscription cancellation gets called in tomorrow), and was thought worthy of the editorial page. These are the same kooks who claim the Apple factory in China has a suicide net around the building since so many underpaid Chinese choose to leap to their deaths, apparently at every opportunity. Oh, and they want a 10% surtax on the wealthiest 400 Americans to provide each new baby born in the country a $35,000 nest egg. Actually, if I was a baby I'd be all for this one.

Here's some twisted logic from the piece: Back in the days of 90% tax rates, the wealthy would buy tax free muni bonds, which funded all sorts of common good, even if the rich were only buying bonds to avoid taxes. Presumably, they never invested in gold or art back then. :?
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Greedy, rich hoarders...prepare for SWAG tax

Postby mbailey1234 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm

toomuch.com doesn't take us there. Sure that link is correct?
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Greedy, rich hoarders...prepare for SWAG tax

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Sorry. That's toomuchonline.org

That'll get you the website...you'll have to hunt a bit for the exact article.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals