coinflation prices

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

coinflation prices

Postby GA-Silver » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 pm

I was just curious as to how many of us here are willing to buy junk silver at coinflation's daily silver prices?
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Re: coinflation prices

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 pm

I will buy at 1x below. it sort of depends also on the recent price action. if its run up a lot recently i'd rather wait til it pulls back.

you know they update the price only once or twice a day on that site.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Heartkill » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:07 pm

I tend to use it a lot as a rough guide while buying 90% junk coins at antique shops and estate auctions. Let's me know when to pull the trigger or when to pass.
Heartkill
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:36 pm

GA-Silver wrote:I was just curious as to how many of us here are willing to buy junk silver at coinflation's daily silver prices?

Hell, yes! I used my coinflation price page to buy a COMPLETE SET of Washington Quarters including all "S" proofs!!!!! I am talking every Washington quarter from 1932 to 1963.

Then I purchased a COMPLETE SET of Kennedy halves, including all "S" proofs from 1964 to 1976!!!

That same day, I purchased about $350.00 in quarters and halves of lesser quality with coinflation prices... then I watched the price of silver go up from about $18.00 to what it is right now!

Maybe you guys would think that is small potatoes... but I am one happy camper! :D
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby didou » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:43 pm

GA-Silver wrote:I was just curious as to how many of us here are willing to buy junk silver at coinflation's daily silver prices?

I always try to get it the lower possible, but when i have money for silver, i go for conflation price minus shipping and others fee. With a little bit of search i can usually find it. I put some announces on website similar to craigslist and i can find some at lower price shipped, but it's getting harder.

I say if you can buy 80-90%+ at spot do it, in a few month you will laugh about it.

If you're looking to sell it go for coinflation price+shipping with a little bit of patience you will find a buyer.
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby MO-SILVER! » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 pm

I divide the spot silver price by 2.7646 and that tells you the spot price for silver halves coinflation would have up. From there you can figure the actual amount it's worth.
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals