Small gamble pays off

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Small gamble pays off

Postby bman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:01 pm

I was on vacation last week so I didn't get to go on my normal bank runs. Today I wanted to cash in some coins and use that cash to pick up more coins to sort but when I got to the bank with the fast sorting machine it was "Out of order" :twisted:

I decided to head on to a couple of banks anyway but with no cash and little time I had to hit an ATM and pay the $3 fee plus whatever my bank charges me for using the wrong machine... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So I get to the 1st bank and get $10 in pennies, $100 in halves and my teller says I have something for you...$200 in "These" and pulls out a $20 roll of Ike dollars. I bought 2 rolls and told her I'd get the rest on Friday when she works again. Nothing good found in the halves or Ikes so far and still looking through the cents now.

On to the next bank!
I had $130 in FRNs left and got my usual box of pennies and $100 in halves but these were customer wrapped rolls not the usual yellow Fed wrapped rolls the teller orders and keeps on hand for me. I get out to the truck and start opening rolls....nothing good in the first 6 rolls so I figured they were all dumps but opened the rest anyway. one roll was SOLID 40% and another roll had 2 1964's and 9 more 40% :mrgreen: , I never buy more than $100 per week so I don't want to tip off the teller that these were anything special. I think I will swing by there again in a day or two and get some more and tell him I have extra cash left from vacation last week. :idea:

My $5 or $6 gamble paid off, this time :D
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Small gamble pays off

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:42 pm

I wouldnt wait a week to go back!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: Small gamble pays off

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:27 am

I would "just happen to in the neighborhood" tomorrow with more cash procurred from an ATM that actually matches one of your banks so there is no fee. How is it that you don't have enough bank accounts to always match up to the available ATM's in any given area? :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals